Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Poor Season Ahead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Poor Season Ahead

It doesn't look like its going to be a good season for us. I was speaking to JR and the financial situation ain't great either. They're not expecting to get any local lads into the squad so I can't see attendances changing much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    There is the bones of a supporters club starting though so things could be good on that front. Adrian Fitz hasn't kicked a ball yet either, he may have it all sorted, who know who is coming in.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No mention of anyone coming in so far. Our own chairman isn't very optimistic so its hard for the supporters to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finlma
    No mention of anyone coming in so far. Our own chairman isn't very optimistic so its hard for the supporters to be.
    Being honest i didn't expect City to be up at the top of the table this year, but if they put in a good account of themselves then its job done imo.
    If the supporters club gather some momentum, then that would be a big plus in my eyes aswell.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

don't put the cats down yet

Alright lads i think you's are dashing your chances before the season has started. In the sun last week you's where fourth favourite for the league. Even if the players brought in resemble a under 21s team there all great footballers with the likes of Darren O'Brien, Brian King and Hussain Yizdanni in the midfield and a defence with Liam Tiernan, Aaran Mooney, Sean Le Strange and Paul Malone unknown to you's but all have featured in the eircom league. I see it as a team to build on. They may lack experience but the talent makes up for just wait and see
    Last edited by A face; 21/02/2006 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Is it true that Gavin Hughes has signed for ya? If so lock up ur daughters, wives, girlfriends, sheep......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Brian King, isn't that Noel Kings son, was with Shels U-21 last year.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    Brian King, isn't that Noel Kings son, was with Shels U-21 last year.
    Thats the lad - is he any good?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by football legend
    Alright lads i think you's are dashing your chances before the season has started. In the sun last week you's where fourth favourite for the league. Even if the players brought in resemble a under 21s team there all great footballers with the likes of Darren O'Brien, Brian King and Hussain Yizdanni in the midfield and a defence with Liam Tiernan, Aaran Mooney, Sean Le Strange and Paul Malone unknown to you's but all have featured in the eircom league. I see it as a team to build on. They may lack experience but the talent makes up for just wait and see
    Jaysus FL you know more about the new signings than any of us City fans - can you give a bit more info about any of them??
    Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by football legend
    Brian King has already been explained. Hussian Yazdani was with the Shelbourne u21s last season and played one or two matchs for the senior squad. Likewise Sean L'Estrange was a regular in a very good u21 team. I think that a city like Kilkenny despite the lean towards hurling should have the werewithall to muster at least a few people a game. Come on lads, if the club isn't doing it, then you need to start doing it yourselves. Never wait fro others to start the process.
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth
    Come on lads, if the club isn't doing it, then you need to start doing it yourselves. Never wait fro others to start the process.
    Snap ... thats exactly what i would say, to any club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Eddie Smith, a striker has also joined on loan from Dublin City.Played two first team games last season.could cause problems with his pace and is a fairly decent finisher
    4th official"Dermot, relax with the swearing" .Keely"Ah its grand, he's me son"