Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Smith's career over?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Is Smith's career over?

Apparently his leg break was worse than that which Henrik Larsson suffered for Celtic in Lyon a few years back.It has also been compared to David Boost's of Coventry vs United in '95.
    His agent is hoping that he will only be out for a year.A speedy recovery is what i, for one,wish for as he is a top pro!
    "The theory of football is not just a study of how to win.Equally as important is how not to lose."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Best of luck to him. But I wouldn't be holding my breath in hope of seeing him play again, Double fracture + Dislocation could very well be over for the poor Bloke. I Fecking Hate ManUre but wouldn't wish this on any one ........well maybee ronaldo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Block G Raptor
    But I wouldn't be holding my breath in hope of seeing him play again, Double fracture + Dislocation could very well be over for the poor Bloke.
    I fuppin hope so, I've no sympathy for him, live by the sword, die by the sword etc.... The amount of nasty tackles he has made in his time its just commupance for him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Being a Leeds fan its hard to feel too much compassion for him , but its not nice to see that happen to anyone . Hopefully he doesn't have to retire, but doesn't play for manure again
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die
    I fuppin hope so, I've no sympathy for him, live by the sword, die by the sword etc.... The amount of nasty tackles he has made in his time its just commupance for him
    Moron!!!
    I don't know of anyone that was seriously injured by a Smith tackle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colster
    Moron!!!
    I don't know of anyone that was seriously injured by a Smith tackle.
    Read Lim's post again. Didn't mention anything about injuries, stated that he has made bad tackles which he undeniably has.
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulsey
    Read Lim's post again. Didn't mention anything about injuries, stated that he has made bad tackles which he undeniably has.
    And who hasn't???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Stupid comment - Smith never gives anything but 100% in any game he plays and he's not one to hold back in a tackle. It doesn't mean he goes out to hurt or do damage to anyone.

We've all made dangerous tackles in our time and Smith isn't alone. Wishing bad injuries on someone is pathetic.

I don't like Man Utd but I really hope Smith makes a full recovery. He's a good lad by all accounts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm a Liverpool fan and wish him nothing but a speedy recovery. It's horrible to see that happen to ANYONE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    He'll be back quickly but he's not even out of hospital yet and he'll be in a cast for several weeks.

Obviously recuperation will be harder as he can't exercise til his ankle's better. I'd say it'd take him 12-14 months, although I saw a player in schoolboy football suffera double fracture and he was back in six months.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Yeah sure you've probably driven over the speed limit a few times so we should have no sympathy for you if you were seriously injured in a car accident.

Wish him a speedy recovery- horrible to see that happen to any player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls

Yeah sure you've probably driven over the speed limit a few times so we should have no sympathy for you if you were seriously injured in a car accident.

Wish him a speedy recovery- horrible to see that happen to any player
    Good point..after hearing Lim's disgusting effort at a post he's more like "Muppet til i die".
    "The theory of football is not just a study of how to win.Equally as important is how not to lose."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HuRya
    Good point..after hearing Lim's disgusting effort at a post he's more like "Muppet til i die".
    Ow, that really hurts my feeling, not sure how on topic it is but then again I'm only a muppet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Feel I must now clarify my origional throw-away remark about hoping Smiths career was over lest I cause anyone else to cry

Being honest I've come to the realisation that I don't particularly care whether or not he plays again.

I've far more important things to worry about like paying my speeding tickets Just a point micls but why the hell should you feel any sympathy for me if I was seriously injured in a car crash? Why feel either way about it you don't know me from Adam

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Feel I must now clarify my origional throw-away remark about hoping Smiths career was over lest I cause anyone else to cry

Being honest I've come to the realisation that I don't particularly care whether or not he plays again.
    You care enough about his injury to post here that he deserved it. You still haven't given an example of any of his bad tackles that have caused another player to be injured.
    Seem like your comments a pathetic attempt to wind-up people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colster
    You care enough about his injury to post here that he deserved it. You still haven't given an example of any of his bad tackles that have caused another player to be injured.
    Seem like your comments a pathetic attempt to wind-up people.
    Just because I think someone deserves something (BTW theirs a difference between saying "it's just commupance for him" and saying "I, Muppet till i die do firmly believe that Alan Smith Deserved his injury") doesn't mean I care.

I'm sure that Austrian guy who won the ski-jumping in Turin deserved to win aswell, that doesn't mean I give a rats ass.

As for a "pathetic attempt to wind-up people" it's gotten enough pathetic replies so far

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Just because I think someone deserves something (BTW theirs a difference between saying "it's just commupance for him" and saying "I, Muppet till i die do firmly believe that Alan Smith Deserved his injury") doesn't mean I care.

I'm sure that Austrian guy who won the ski-jumping in Turin deserved to win aswell, that doesn't mean I give a rats ass.

As for a "pathetic attempt to wind-up people" it's gotten enough pathetic replies so far
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/comeuppance

A punishment or retribution that one deserves; one's just deserts:
    an outcome (good or bad) that is well deserved

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulsey
    Being a Leeds fan its hard to feel too much compassion for him , but its not nice to see that happen to anyone . Hopefully he doesn't have to retire, but doesn't play for manure again
    Whereabouts in Leeds are you from mate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy
    Whereabouts in Leeds are you from mate?
    Shankill .

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dont put a football after a sinister post like this! a true football fan would wish him the best of luck! Goway and stick a knife in someone ya Limerick h*n! live by the sword die by the sword........ye cant get away from the f****g things, ye have to bring them into a football discussion too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast