Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Mayo Super League 2006

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mayo Super League 2006

Super League is less than 3 weeks away lads. Time we had a look at it methinks.
    Who'll challenge Westport? Will Snugboro go as well this year? How about the two new teams up?
    We can look at the other divisions when they start.
    Anyway for what's it's worth here are my predictions. Who do ye think wil do the bizz?
    Is joe denilson going to run another predictions league?

Westport United: Have won the last two Super Leagues and the fact remains that if you take Vinny O'Malley, Brian Kennedy and Martin McGreal out of their team, the rest are all under 25. The exit in the Junior cup should give them enough of a chance to recharge their batteries and win a third league

Celtic: Will come closest to challenging Westport and if they can mix starting the league well with continuing to do well in the external competitions, they could make the title race a very interesting one.

Ballyheane: Should be energised by their Junior Cup run and are as capable of any of taking points of Celtic and Westport. However unless they can threaten to score more goals, they will drop too many points elsewhere.

Ballina Town: Interesting proposition this year. Michael McNicholas should have them purring nicely and they have to be the dark horses.

Erris United: Not the team they were when they won the Super League, still capable of making a push but mid-table looks the most likely

Manulla: First year in the Super League without Mossy Lally, will be interesting to see what the new man Andy McGahon brings. However he has an ageing team and not a big panel so mid table looks like the best of their lot.

Straide & Foxford United: The first year S & F might actually being to struggle in my opinion. Have struggled in the last year in beating teams they would normally get the better of but they should have too much nous to get into a relegation battle.

Snugboro United: Last year was an incredible success for them in their first year at the top flight. The second season will be harder as they will have to show it was no fluke and will Ciaran Murphy wait on? If not then they will be seriously light down the middle of defence. Still in Declan Flynn and Michael Wallace they have two very good players. Should manage to stay.

Ballyglass: Back up after a few years away. will be keen to stay obviously but they may be a bit young let. It will be between themselves and snugboro to avoid the drop.

Crossmolina: first year up but unless they are able to unearth a lot of talent compared to last year, they will be going straight back down I'm afraid.
    Last edited by OscarBravo; 16/02/2006 at 4:46 PM. Reason: mistake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Nicely put together Oscarbravo and i think your spot on in most things to be honest, but i think Castlebar will sneal it and ballyglass will go down with Crossmolina pushing snugboro for last spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

super league predictions!!!

yup agree with most of that,Westport to win their 3rd league in a row,Celtic to push them all the way with games at the sportsground and celtic park between the 2 could tell alot about their seasons!At the bottom of the table its Ballyglass and crossmolina going straight back down,neitheir has the strength or depth in their squads to manage to stay up!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    celtic or port to win league, boro, crossmolina,ballyglass to fight the drop,,the rest in between....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question straight talk

Good time for deciding how the league will go Westport or celtic to win it Ballyheane 3rd win the westro cup.

Relagation Ballyglass and Snugboro
    Crossmolina to hold on.
    the rest as you were as last seaon.

But then again who no how Manaulla will do with out Mossy at the helm.
    Could be facing on charted waters could find themselfs facing a fight to save there super league status

Big question how will the refferees behave this season?
    will there standards improve or will it be the same poor standards that we see every year.
    Guess will have to wait and see
    by the way like to welcome Cross to the Mayo League.
    I hope they got to sell those Cows that was on the pitch
    good luck to all clubs this season no matter what division you are in.
    have a good season take care of those match officals that are fragel munch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The challengers will be the usual suspects, but I think that there could be a surprise in store. I think that Ballina Town will shock people to win the Super League. I fancy Snugboro (sorry joe-denilson) and Crossmolina to go down. Let the games begin (On March 12th of course!!)
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Celtic to take the Title. Crossmolina will go down and i definatley think S+F will take the drop!! Watch this space!! they have been none movers for some time now. Either **** or get of the pot!!!!!

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

celtic for the super-league

i think castlebar celtic will win the super league as gavin dykes now has a complete quality side.if i were a betting man my money would go on celtic.i know westport are still quality but i just think celtic are superior

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Celtic will definitely run Westport close and it should be a closer race then the last two years but think Westport are that bit more cohesive.
    By the way did anyone hear anything about the U-21 manager? Any contenders mentioned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarBravo
    Celtic will definitely run Westport close and it should be a closer race then the last two years but think Westport are that bit more cohesive.
    By the way did anyone hear anything about the U-21 manager? Any contenders mentioned.
    Didn't here any names mentioned for the position at present.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    hows things,jes i wouldnt jump to conclusions about cross going straight back down,they are a decent side,and almost held wport utd to a draw in the cup there a few months back

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

stay up ?

Quote Originally Posted by r.rover
    hows things,jes i wouldnt jump to conclusions about cross going straight back down,they are a decent side,and almost held wport utd to a draw in the cup there a few months back
    don't want to dishearten ya but the super doper is a different ball game from the prem,most prem teams dont say up but I have no doubts there will be shocks this time round every round is like a cup final and there is 18 of have ya the
    stomach for it.
    DO YA FEEL ITDEEP DOWN.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    dont get me wrong i know theres a big jump to s.league, i dont even play for cross or not from there just think there a good side. your right about prem teams comin right back down. but these boys have waited a long time for super lge and i dont think theyl let themselves down