Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Both Pats inc St Francis and $hels To Be Named Champions !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

both Pats inc St Francis and $hels to be named champions !!!

unbeleivable if this is true from the sun

a report in todays sun (page 45) claims negotiations are nearing conclusion about a historic deal that will see st pats and shelbourne BOTH crowned champions!!!!!

the deal is the brainchild of derrys jim roddy would see shelborne crowned "eircom league champions" and st pats crowned "champions of ireland" with both sets of players receiving medals, and wait for it,st pats to get compensation from the fai for missing out on the champions league!!!!!!

unfcukingbeleivable this crowd of fai ****ers

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    this is unreal. the FAI must be drinking a bit too much sake on their latest junket

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think I heard it was the "brainchild" of Jim Roddy. Anyway, its farcical, but I can honestly see both teams going for it, Pats getting compo and all that. Only in the eL
    ONE CITY, ONE TEAM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs down

Hands up whose surprised?

Would somebody make a decision! Either the rules atnd & shels champs or the rules don't stand & Pats champs.

Its there a uefa deadline this week for submitting the teams for the club competitions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

It was always

Going to finish up kinda crappy anyway but now they have ensured that when you look back in ten years time on the previous champions, this whole thing will stick out like a sore thumb, fcukin' b@stards, the FAI ...... you couldn't bring them to the shop 'cos they'd only embarrass ya !! incompetent bungling pr!cks. How long more do we have to tolerate this stuff going on. What will it be next year ....... We all suffer this kinda crap and the FAI get away with it scott free everytime, no wonder it keeps happening.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question i think

the deadline for the inter-toto cup was passed. who was nominated for that?

if this plan goes ahead. there would be three champions in ireland. the league of ireland champions, the irish league champions and the new makey uppy champions of ireland.

only the fai could do this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    well rovers got the inter tayto cup either way

but aint the IFA in charge of the football in the north not the FAI

i mean in all fairness to the FAI they have enough to be worrying about what with screwing up the national league and the national team to go looking for extra leagues to screw up..

lets be realistic here, these fai guys are busy men.. what with jet setting first class to games here and there..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb rovers are in uefa

rovers are in the uefa cup. if things stand pats go into the inter-toto. if pats were allowed to keep all their points they would go into the champions league. i knoe the ifa run the irish league but i was just pointing out that on a small island like ours we could have 3 "champions"- madness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    well ok going on your island thing
    the UK excluding Northern Ireland ( again 1 island !!! ) has 3 champions... whats your point!!!!

we have 2 leagues on this island ... the only thing weird is that there is 2 supposed champions of the eircom league

[SIZE=1]*fair nuff bout rovers thing.. i kinda lost track of who got what in all this mess[/SIZE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In all fairness this sounds like the biggest joke I ever heard. There is no way that there has ever been 2 champions of the one league. It just doesnt make sense it has never and will never happen at any level of the game, amatuer, professional, semi-pro, schoolboy, over 35,s or whatever. Only in the el could something like this happen. If there are two champions the whole principle behind the concept of a league goes straight out the window. The FAI are showing, yet again, what a badly run and out of touch organisation they are.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just saying

Originally posted by James
    well ok going on your island thing
    the UK excluding Northern Ireland ( again 1 island !!! ) has 3 champions... whats your point!!!!

we have 2 leagues on this island ... the only thing weird is that there is 2 supposed champions of the eircom league

[SIZE=1]*fair nuff bout rovers thing.. i kinda lost track of who got what in all this mess[/SIZE]
    im not really arguing with you about the foolishness of the situation, just saying that on an island with 5 million people that we could have 3 "champions" is plainly silly. one island......oneleague. britain is much bigger and has close to 60 million people.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wonder if the current travails in the Far East are just the FAI trying to deflect attention away from their failings at home

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Originally posted by joe
    I wonder if the current travails in the Far East are just the FAI trying to deflect attention away from their failings at home
    Maybe so ......... But come July, i am sure they will make up for lost ground. That is one of the few places they are consistent,

"In a world gone mad .... The FAI are really crap"
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Red face Amateurs

FAI - Football Amateurs of Ireland.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: It was always

Originally posted by A face
    Going to finish up kinda crappy anyway but now they have ensured that when you look back in ten years time on the previous champions, this whole thing will stick out like a sore thumb, fcukin' b@stards, the FAI ...... you couldn't bring them to the shop 'cos they'd only embarrass ya !! incompetent bungling pr!cks. How long more do we have to tolerate this stuff going on. What will it be next year ....... We all suffer this kinda crap and the FAI get away with it scott free everytime, no wonder it keeps happening.
    I don't think even Michael Hyland could argue with any of that!