Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Martin O'Neill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    it isnt important what martin o neill does or doesnt do. what is important is I said Paul Le Guen would be new rangers manager and was laughed at by geysir....methinks I will be proved right.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever
    Maybe his British passport

You celtic lads have to accept it, he didn't want to manage Ireland because it didn't feel right for him, he has NO connection with us WHATSOEVER now he's making public he wants to manage England
    And you know he's a British Passport holder do you?

Who knows why MON didn't want to manage us, I don't, and Im fairly certain you don't. Perhaps it was the personal reasons that have been well documented (I think its the anti-celtic lads who have to have a look at their reasoning in this thread)

To say he has no connection with us whatsoever is naive to say the least. He grew up as a Nationalist in the North - there is a connection there whether you like it or not.

Maybe his dream international job is England, more likely to be NI but perhaps its Brazil?

Some of your posts are plain trolling - no need for it really.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    And you know he's a British Passport holder do you?

Who knows why MON didn't want to manage us, I don't, and Im fairly certain you don't. Perhaps it was the personal reasons that have been well documented (I think its the anti-celtic lads who have to have a look at their reasoning in this thread)

To say he has no connection with us whatsoever is naive to say the least. He grew up as a Nationalist in the North - there is a connection there whether you like it or not.

Maybe his dream international job is England, more likely to be NI but perhaps its Brazil?

Some of your posts are plain trolling - no need for it really.

So to actually have an opinion AGAINST martin o'neill is "trolling" please explain how?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hibs are you gong to provide the proof that you have that Martin O Neill turned down the Ireland job and is interested in the England Job. What Junior is saying is that posting unfounded posts regarding Martin O Neill is a form of trolling. he did not say posting anything against Martin O Neill is trolling.
    In Trap we trust

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,712 Posts
    So to actually have an opinion AGAINST martin o'neill is "trolling" please explain how?
    I think he just did. Read his post again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    A) The fact he turned it down
    B) The fact his agent says he is and has let the FA know he is.

The problem here is that it seems forbidden to have an opinion against him because he managed celtic
    find us the quotes then....funnily enough i don't think i'll be banned for my comments about you as i think that the majority of people posting here seems to agree with my summary of you,

.....nothing personal though 'mate'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Junior]

[QUOTE]

remember reading before that he hoped at some stage to manage NI, and also heard a rumour that he was possibly prepared to do it on PT basis before sanchez took over.

MoN isnt going to take a job on the basis of affiliation to anywhere. Hes to smart for that he will take a job on the basis of whats right for him and his family both workwise and financially. Thats why I could never see him taking the ROI job this time or NI in the considerable future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    This is my uptake of turning it down, he told them before he was even offered it that he wasn't interested:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ls/4380094.stm

Still looking for the link to were I read O'Neills agent saying he's interested in England job, this link show one of the reasons he's favourite is because he's British:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ls/4380094.stm

Here we are, this article says O'Neill wants to talk to both England and Newcastle, and again lets us know he's British
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...4/sfnwin14.xml
    Last edited by Hibs4Ever; 14/02/2006 at 3:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    for fecks sake lads.
    hibs4ever has always said martin o neill wouldnt take the irish job cause he has no affiliation with the irish team. he didnt take the irish job and its well documented that they put out feelers for him and were waiting on a response but didnt get one and approached staunton. now he is heavily linked with english job on every website and newspaper.so its not trolling(. gloating maybe...)which is a ****in stupid allegation anyway thrown out by people anytime they allow themselves to get drawn into an argument they dont want to be in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    This is my uptake of turning it down, he told them before he was even offered it that he wasn't interested:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ls/4380094.stm

Still looking for the link to were I read O'Neills agent saying he's interested in England job, this link show one of the reasons he's favourite is because he's British:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ls/4380094.stm

As I said it was for personal reasons, there is nothing to say that he will not take in the future. Indeed there is nothilng to say that he will take it. We dont know. We dont know if he has more affinity to Ireland or to England. However as Junior said before it would be safe to say that he has more affinity to the Republic of Ireland but that is just guess work. And has been said alread maybe he would look at these things in a purely professional fashion and see that the England job has more career prospects and is better paid. However there is no evidence to suggest this.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1
    find us the quotes then....funnily enough i don't think i'll be banned for my comments about you as i think that the majority of people posting here seems to agree with my summary of you,

.....nothing personal though 'mate'.

Can you imagine the sleepless nights I'm gonna have now, knowing a little girl on foot.ie pm's other members looking for opinions on people

I assume this is how you know the majority of people here think I'm a b0ll0x
    Last edited by Hibs4Ever; 14/02/2006 at 3:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hey I never got that pm. Whats up Livehead.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    can we please talk about the football!!!!!!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    You celtic lads have to accept it, he didn't want to manage Ireland because it didn't feel right for him, he has NO connection with us WHATSOEVER now he's making public he wants to manage England
    im not a celtic fan, i even have a hibs jersey, so what the hell is your point/??
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    The England Job would be quite convieniient for him as he lives
    in Berkshire (like Terry Wogan I bebieve), so not much travelling involved.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    F**k MON. He can take the England job if he wants. I hope he plays Sutton and Heskey up front for them, Thompson on the left and Steve Guppy on the right. That'll get them places.

The Irish job was his for the taking whaetever anyone on this forum says (I'm sure if he had shown an interest he might have just edged out that world renowned footballing tactical genius Stevie Staunton) and he didn't go for it. I don't know his reasons (nor does anyone else) nor do I care but if he did take the England job I'd hold no additional biased towards him or his team. I'll still as always hope they get beaten every match.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Thats not what I said.

Said it from the start on this website, O'Neill would never be our manager, he's British, England or Northern Ireland would be his dream international job. We are much better off with Staunton, at least he's Irish

Anyway, it'll be fun to watch Engerland play the hoof it up, long ball game under O'Neill
    Maybe his British passport

Maybe Im just too touchy, maybe I have too much experience of your anti Celtic bias, maybe posts like this are just based on pure speculation that you haven't been able to back up and IMO you make to purely to wind people up.

I don't think MON was without fault, far from it, in fact some of his football was pretty boring to watch last year.

But hey, so was some of Jack Charltons and what was his connection with Ireland again?
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish
    F**k MON. He can take the England job if he wants. I hope he plays Sutton and Heskey up front for them, Thompson on the left and Steve Guppy on the right. That'll get them places.

The Irish job was his for the taking whaetever anyone on this forum says (I'm sure if he had shown an interest he might have just edged out that world renowned footballing tactical genius Stevie Staunton) and he didn't go for it. I don't know his reasons (nor does anyone else) nor do I care but if he did take the England job I'd hold no additional biased towards him or his team. I'll still as always hope they get beaten every match.
    I think we do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops
    Martin O'Neill was never going to be Ireland manager because:
    1. we are a third rate international team
    2. O'Neill's ambitions are for success which is not going to be achieved with us
    3. we could not afford him and even if we could, read 1 and 2.
    You had it right when you said it was there for the taking if he wanted it. He didn't. Let's move on!
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Exclamation

Moderator Warning: I will the leave the MON British comments go for now as don't have time to admin this. Comments clear provocation & not on topic. Anymore comments will be deleted & bans given out.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo
    Isn't this very similar to [url]....As for MO'N, being a long-time Celtic fan wish him well for the future. Though if it ends up being the 'Ingles' or ManUre, let's hope he f*cks them up big time.....
    If that is wishing him well for the future, I dread to think what you would hope for if you were not wishing him well!!!
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast