Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Irish Daily Mail

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down "Noaw Neaws Loike Bwit Neaws!"

Daily Mail... ... stick it up the Royal brown! Sorry but... why is it that in Belguim, half.. if not, OVER half, speak French & yet don't buy French papers? Yet, we Irish buy English papers more, than we do our own. We are the only nation that seems to prefer to buy a different country's paper. Where does it end?!
    Last edited by Patronizer; 17/02/2006 at 5:42 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirhamish
    51 millions?? FFS - that's a massive sum wearerovers!

Yeah, they must have long term plans but I still think they'll never shake off the reputation the Mail has here but then we felt that way about The Sun and look at it's sales in Ireland now, even if it's "Oirished" up.

The Mail in the UK sells over 2 million copies daily (sales only here, not bulks) - who the fcuk buys it? I mean, I can imagine "Major Jones from Tunbridge Wells" buying it and old Tories but who else? It's a p!sspoor paper for sport and politics so why is it so popular even in England? I think only The Sun outsells it there.
    hamish hamish hamish

They are English! Some of them still think Empires are a good idea ( NF, BNP etc)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patronizer
    Daily Mail... ... stick it up the Royal brown! Sorry but... why is it that in Belguim, half.. if not, OVER half, speak French & yet don't buy French papers? Yet, we Irish buy English papers more, than we do our own. We are the only nation that seems to prefer to buy a different country's paper. Where does it end?!
    Well Belgium is an interesting case in point... It is now less than half though for many years they were the majority there.
    The French speaking Belgians realise that the French look down on them. ( French version of Paddy jokes told about Walloons) {Walloons = French speaking Belgians}

So they would get more news about their issues in Flemish papers than they would in French ones. Hence they buy French-language Belgian papers.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Read All About It

Good info... would they be tabloids do ya know now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    hamish hamish hamish

They are English! Some of them still think Empires are a good idea ( NF, BNP etc)

Cor Blimey!

Maybe that de Valera TD was right and we should rejoin the Commonwealth.

I'm only jesting now BTW but de Valera did say it about five years ago, didn't he - er - want to placate the Unionists or something.

Now, where's that songbook with the words "Rule Brittania gone".

While I'm at it, does anyone know where the expression "I dearly love a Lord" come from - Shakespeare??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234