Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: San Marino Away (7th February 2007) - Match Thread

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I booked flights for San Marino earlier today. We're actually flying to Wales first as we're going to Ireland V Wales in the 6 Nations on Sunday February 4th. We fly to Bologna from London on the Monday, spend the night in Bologna before heading to either San Marino or Rimini on Tuesday. This is the thing though, I was checking up to see if I could find any information on pubs or nightlife in San Marino and the only thing I can find are restaurants. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect to have a huge choice or anything but one or two pubs or bars would be nice. From what I read it appears that Rimini is where the San Marinese go to for a night out as well. While I know it's off peak in Rimini there should be a bit more going on (pub wise) than in San Marino. It's just that I much prefer to stay in the country that we are playing against. Hmmmm what to do.......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Ended up booking the Tuesday and Wednesday night in the Grand Hotel in San Marino. We got a single room each for €55 each a night. Happy with that. By the way if anyone else is looking to book there I couldn't do so over the internet as it was coming up as fully booked for those dates, as were any of the other hotels I tried. When I rang them however I was able to book the rooms no bother.
    Last edited by Paulie; 10/05/2006 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    We fly to Bologna from London on the Monday, spend the night in Bologna before heading to either San Marino or Rimini on Tuesday.
    How are ye getting from Bologna to Rimini?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash
    We decided to stay in San Marino so we won't be going to Rimini from Bologna, that is unless we get the train which means we transfer to a bus in Rimini. Anyway, we don't have the the transport from Bologna to San Marino organised yet. Whether we get the train or hire a car it seems to be fairly straightforward whichever way you go. As it's turning out even though it's a little awkward to get to the San Marino trip is a good bit cheaper than I would have thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash
    Fast train (takes 70 minutes) every hour, Ordinary train (takes 90 minutes) every hour. One or other every 30 minutes
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops
    Fast train (takes 70 minutes) every hour, Ordinary train (takes 90 minutes) every hour. One or other every 30 minutes

Can we get from Bologna direct to San Marino, or do we have to go to Rimini. I believe Rimini is a short taxi ride from San Marino.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops
    Cheers for the info, must book a flights now.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Dreamin
    Can we get from Bologna direct to San Marino, or do we have to go to Rimini. I believe Rimini is a short taxi ride from San Marino.
    Rimini is about 10k from San Marino.

Ash, if you're booking flights look into flying in and out of Rome. As far as I can tell it's about 60 miles further away from San Marino than Bologna which in the greater scheme of things is not that far. You can get a return flight on Aer Lingus for about €120. When I tried to book out of Bologna on Aer Lingus the website stated that they don't fly that route on Feb.
    Last edited by Paulie; 11/05/2006 at 9:24 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    As far as I can tell it's about 60 miles further away from San Marino than Bologna which in the greater scheme of things is not that far.
    I just did a little bit of checking up on this and it looks as though I underestimated the distance between Rome and Rimini. Apparently it's about 330k whereas from Bologna to Rimini it's about 120K. This doesn't really bother me, especially as we will only have to do this trip on the way home as we arrive into Bologna, but I just thought I'd mention it as it may not work for other people.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Also, if you're going from Rome to Rimini by train, you have to change in Bologna. You're also going over the Appennines in early February, which may involve delays for snow (no idea how likely this is, but I would imagine it's some sort of consideration). Trains from Rome to Rimini leave every hour and take about 4/4½ hours. Train from Bologna to Rimini takes about 1½ hours.

Hope to head over, and will probably spend the weekend in Rome anyway. San Marino sounds like a place you could see in 2/3 days, so may as well take the chance to have a weekend touring Rome too, especially having done Latin in school...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    what would people think of arranging buses if people were on similar flights out? would be some session. doesnt seem to be a hell of a lot of options, bologna or rome essentially. would imagine that people will be on the same flights
    Camac Ultras North Terrace Section

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Theres a gang of us flying to Bologna on Monday with BA and back thursday, about 14 or 15 Id say

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Tom
    what would people think of arranging buses if people were on similar flights out? would be some session. doesnt seem to be a hell of a lot of options, bologna or rome essentially. would imagine that people will be on the same flights
    It's not a bad idea but I don't think it will work out for us. We get in to Bologna late on Monday evening so we're going to spend the night there. As a result I don't know at what time we will be heading to San Marino on Tuesday. I assume it will be early enough but we probably won't know until the day itself.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    A couple of mates of mine have been looking into going over as well and they came up with this:

Dublin - Rome (Aer Lingus) €65 Departs at 7:10am, arrives at 11:10am.

Pisa - Dublin (Ryanair) €28 Departs at 6pm, arrives at 7:40pm.

Total price of the flights €93.

Apparently by train it takes as long to get from Rome to Rimini as it does to get from Rimini to Pisa. They haven't gone into depth on the trains but they reckon they'll be ok.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Check out

Monday BA from Dublin to Bloogna via Gatwick, back thursday €189 inc taxes, was €250 when we booked

www.ba.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anyone with a bit of italian might check out this website and let us know if we can but tickets here ipor if we can in the future?

http://www.multieventi.sm

according to our hotel in San Marino it's the SM equivalent of ticketmaster, we are only entitled to about 500 tickets for this match so sponsors will probably get virtually all the tickets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    The game's not likely to be a sell-out in fairness. And I'd say there'll be 1000 tops from Ireland there. There'll be tickets for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Dreamin
    Anyone with a bit of italian might check out this website and let us know if we can but tickets here ipor if we can in the future?

http://www.multieventi.sm

according to our hotel in San Marino it's the SM equivalent of ticketmaster, we are only entitled to about 500 tickets for this match so sponsors will probably get virtually all the tickets.
    Forever,

Here's the San Marino football federation web site!!! www.fsgc.sm
    Seem to have a ticket section but can't read Italian so if you can figure out how too let me know!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    lads ,

get on this: www.ryanair.com

dublin - pisa sunday evening the 4/2
    pisa - Dublin friday evening the 9/2

€98 including tax return. Great thing is that Pisa central train station is directly connected to the airport train station (five mins away). Plenty of hotels right beside the central station, overnight in pisa the sunday (because of late arrival) and maybe thursday on the return (optional)
    Train to rimini/bologna on monday the 5th approx €40 return and three and a half hours. very regular. www.trenitalia.com

Arrange accommodation for remaining days then as soon as they announce match venue
    Camac Ultras North Terrace Section

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Seems a waste to fly home on the Friday evening?

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast