Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: San Marino Away (7th February 2007) - Match Thread

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    said in the paper today game in bologna so keep eye out for that ..

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Hope not. No point in playing San Marino if you don't get to go there.

Speaking of which, here's the local castle!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    They haven't played in Bologna for a few years now. Bologna would make tickets a lot easier to get. You can always go visit the place even if the game is in Bologna. I did the tourist trip there during Italia 90 and it was OK but just seemed a bit of a tourist trap.

Midweek in February is not an attractive trip for a lot of fans. It will most likely be very cold there as well. Tickets might be a bit tight but not as tough as a saturday in June or September.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    according to san marin fc web site game will be in san marino, agree should be played there, been to italy before never been to san marino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i would like to be able to add san marino to the list
    Camac Ultras North Terrace Section

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    Speaking of which, here's the local castle!!
    Must correct myself - that's not the local castle, it's the capital!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    fair few of the scots apparently flew to venice and then train to rimini (like one of lads said here). Apparently Rimini would be best place to stay - loads of hotels but the travelling is biggest issue i suppose not forgetting tkts.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Lads, I flew with this crowd from London to Florence (peanuts). Florence is only a short train journey up towards Bologna etc....

http://www.meridiana.it/IG/pages/home_en.aspx
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi from Italy

Hi there

I am from Belfast and live in Perugia with my 14 year-old son, Patrick (of course). I have been in Italy 30 nearly 30 years now, including 3 years in the Rimini area where I still have friends.

My first experience in helping football fans travelling independently to Italy was with Dundee in 2003 http://www.italywithus.biz/ezine/12oc/page3.htm#title. Then some of the Dundee people asked me to help them when Scotland played in Milan last Easter and that lead to me bringing about 500 Scots to Ljubljana from the various airports they flew into in Italy.

Basically I help organise the easiest and cheapest way of travel from any airport to your accommodation (this means you can take advantage of more cheap flight options), get group deals with hotels, transportation to and from the match (if needed), answer questions about various aspects of visiting Italy and bits and pieces like bargaining down the prices of drink, organising parties etc. In Milan I was also able to get extra tickets for hundreds of the Scots.

I earn my keep by offering a good service with low price x large numbers. I also contribute without any payment by helping with train tickets, giving information etc. I have asked permission to help on this forum because I know some people hate to think of others using a board for their own benefit. If I am not welcome there is no problem, if anyone want to contact me directly I will help them via my own site/message board. I take the view that answering questions and giving details of services available etc. on an open forum guarantees (as much as is possible) the best and most honest help possible. Every thing is more transparent

I am a "regular" on a few forums so it won't be difficult to find people who know me - I hope we can become friends too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oconghc2
    fair few of the scots apparently flew to venice and then train to rimini (like one of lads said here). Apparently Rimini would be best place to stay - loads of hotels but the travelling is biggest issue i suppose not forgetting tkts.
    Rimini in February is dead but that can be an advantage as well - means a bit of ground work to organise parties etc. but could be great because they would be made to measure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain
    They haven't played in Bologna for a few years now. Bologna would make tickets a lot easier to get. You can always go visit the place even if the game is in Bologna. I did the tourist trip there during Italia 90 and it was OK but just seemed a bit of a tourist trap.

Midweek in February is not an attractive trip for a lot of fans. It will most likely be very cold there as well. Tickets might be a bit tight but not as tough as a saturday in June or September.
    San Marino is a tourist trap but a nice one It has duty free status so drink is cheaper there but sometimes it is made there as well Good shopping for electrical/techno goods - might be nice to stay for the night if the hotels offer good deals and entertainment. Something different anyway. Freezing cold in February, every Scot I have talked to about his experience when they played (that was in October) has mentioned the cold, they say it is the coldest they have ever felt at a match.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Helen, I find that hard to believe, San Marino CANT BE COLDER THAN THE FAROES!!

As regards flights we have flights provisionally booked at €250 return Dublin / Bologna do you think we can get better??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Dreamin

As regards flights we have flights provisionally booked at €250 return Dublin / Bologna do you think we can get better??
    Bologna is the best airport for San Marino and Dublin-Bologna with Aer Lingus is very handy. Dublin-Treviso (Ryanair) would probably be the next best. What dates have you booked? This is all going to be a balancing act of comfort V price. Bus journeys from Pisa, Rome and Milan - Rimini are all around 4 hours, the journey by train is the same of a bit longer and you have to change trains.
    Just jotting down ideas!
    Flights via UK usually add up to spending more money in the end and wasting time at airports.
    All in all I would say you have a good deal for the comfort and ease of your journey.
    I am inclined to say that everyone should book the very best deal they can get with the flight and then we can sort out travel in Italy from this end. No reason a bus journey can't become a bus party and some where nice on the way.

Now - how's that for an Irish answer? (I am usually even more long winded during the day!! LOL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Thanks for the info Helen. Probably easier to rent a car from whichever airport we end up in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain
    Thanks for the info Helen. Probably easier to rent a car from whichever airport we end up in.

Oh yes - that is another option and car hire here seems cheaper than in Ireland. Be careful with the drink though, things seem more relaxed about drink-driving in that there isn't much of a chance of the police stopping and testing you etc. but if you are involved in an accident you will be in terrible trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    I ended up getting sun burnt in the Faroes!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i read in the paper at the weekend that lansdowne road is being used for rugby the saturday before and after the san marino game. the fai were trying to get san marino to switch the fixtures ie. play away to san marino on november and at home to the in february. did anyone else read this.
    Saint Patricks Athletic Fans Team. Eircom League Supporters Cup Champions 2006. P3 W2 D1 L0 F3 A0. Thats why we're champions, Thats why we're champions, Thats why.............

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by green army
    i read in the paper at the weekend that lansdowne road is being used for rugby the saturday before and after the san marino game. the fai were trying to get san marino to switch the fixtures ie. play away to san marino on november and at home to the in february. did anyone else read this.
    I reckon it's typical crap from the press. FACT There is a Rugby match in Croke Park on the Sat after the San Marino game in Feb. This is the first game to be played and the GAA already made it clear Croke Park is only available in March x 2 Oct x 2 and Nov x 2 with 4 games allowed out of the 6 dates and no friendlies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    The Faroes wasn't cold! Rainy and windy and all, but not too cold. However, I can't believe that the San Marino game will be colder than a game in Bray!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    The Faroes wasn't cold! Rainy and windy and all, but not too cold. However, I can't believe that the San Marino game will be colder than a game in Bray!
    It was lovely and warm watching the faroes game in Synnots on stephens green, still got my unused match ticket...wonder could i swap it for a german or san marino ticket!!

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast