Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Wales Away (17th November 2007) - Match Thread

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What a trip. Crack was great as usual.Hey Babysis glad to see you made it back to the Hostel.You dont have to say thank youto me for waiting with you for 1 1/2 hours in the rain for taxi. GT i have your Tricolour if your are wondering where it went. I will wash it and send it down to you. Hey Ash was it Holyhead you were going home from. I heard AidoM qualified for a Bus Pass in cardiff.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Eleven View Post
    What a trip. Crack was great as usual.Hey Babysis glad to see you made it back to the Hostel.You dont have to say thank youto me for waiting with you for 1 1/2 hours in the rain for taxi. GT i have your Tricolour if your are wondering where it went. I will wash it and send it down to you. Hey Ash was it Holyhead you were going home from. I heard AidoM qualified for a Bus Pass in cardiff.
    I text you that night and said thank you. And besides it wasnt raining in the bar. Those two fellas you put me in a taxi with where quality. Thank you for looking after me really. I vaguely remember givng that Dub who sat beside me in the bar some grief - And you breaking your heart laughing over it all! Defo keeping a low profiel while Im in Dublin this week - Will be sods law I will meet one of tha many random people GT kept making friends with.

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    LOL, I was wondering where the hell my flag went Glad it has a home, sure hang on to and I'll get it at the next game. AidoM is going to kill you..snigger
    I was just as bad babysis, I went to 2 different hostels before i finally found the right one!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    you. Hey Ash was it Holyhead you were going home from
    Yep, Holyhead ... in Wales

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yep, Holyhead ... in Wales
    So yous were on a smelly train then...dear god what a story

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Tribe
    That was funny,
    Babysis nearly died, what did you say to her? You just appeared out of nowhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Babysis
    Jesus you did scare me - You walked up beside me and started chatting to me and of course I had no idea who you were straight away (Few cans on the train at 8am had been had, so I do apologise). good seeing you though
    I honestly had no intention of scaring the bejaysus out of anyone. I was out having a smoke and my phone rang, so I tried to head back in the door, and The Brigette Neilsen fan club in the Black bomber jacket who was bouncing told me I'd have to go back around the building, cos this wasnt an ent-rance hai?. I'd said to her that I was just out for a fag, and she swore blind to me that I'd crawled over the rail to come in.

I was staring at her open mouthed, and she actually had me believing I did until she looked over my shoulder and said "Sor-ry lav, It were the oth-er bal-dy bloke wat I saw climbing ova. He's facked if he thinks he's com-ing in this door. You're ok. In. "

So by the time I copped yis inside, I was still in full on "JEEZUS MAN. I ONLY WENT OUT FOR A FAG. WHAT THE HELL? GRRRR!" mode, so when I walked up to you, it kinda came out as "HI, GOT YOUR MESSAGE. JUST ARRIVED. HOW ARE YOU. OR I'LL KILL YOU!" so I can understand the sheer look of terror on your face.
    Sorry. nice to see y'all again, even if I did come across a bit "I know what you did last Summer"
    On the way into the stadium, an elderly San Marino Steward waved us in and said "Tonight, may the best team win"

And they nearly did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I remember the bouncer u mean bond villan, she was a right scary looking piece.
    The welsh accent had me laughing most of the time, very funny.
    Dying in work today, cannot wait to get out at 1715

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babysis View Post
    As bad as me and GT felt yesterday travelling back, we spent the whole journey repeating some of the quotes and stories from the weekend. You would want to see the filthy look I got on the flight to Shannon last night from the fella in front of me - Clearly he didnt apporve of the stories, in particular me repeating what Bluebeard had said to the whole train on sat morning!
    Yeah, sometimes one should not sit in the quiet carriage with a booming theatrical voice

Perhaps yer man in front was just annoyed at a lost opportunity. I can only hope that you had volume in your voice to match mine as you told it...
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeard View Post
    Yeah, sometimes one should not sit in the quiet carriage with a booming theatrical voice
    Perhaps yer man in front was just annoyed at a lost opportunity. I can only hope that you had volume in your voice to match mine as you told it...
    Well I was losing my voice at that point, but its fair to say he heard enough Although it was a "quiet" carraige, it was great craic. The Guard was brilliant - All together now "Hey Baby" He never did come back and get a can and a bacon buttie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Well I was losing my voice at that point, but its fair to say he heard enough Although it was a "quiet" carraige, it was great craic. The Guard was brilliant - All together now "Hey Baby" He never did come back and get a can and a bacon buttie
    First rail guards indeed, he was funny
    "Ok baby, i come back for a can and sandwich later" (deepest voice ever)
    Maybe he had heard what Bluebeard said he liked!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Talking

Now that I am slightly recovering from a killer cold all week; looking back on last weekend was a laugh; Was good to see and meet a few more foot.ie people;

Probably the funniest incident was on the 0745am First rail service from London - Cardiff on Saturday, a certain bearded (not AidoM) member of foot.ie announced to a busy "quiet carriage" that " he likes the **** and please form an orderly queue!!" (Long story) The same gentleman proceeded to get drunk and declare that Longford FC were a worthy team...

Meeting Battery Rover for the first time and him saying "I thought you were a man"

In the same bar, we met several of the Welsh police force, lovely bunch they are, posing for photos and allowing us to wear their hats, when trying on one of the heavy helmets, Babysis said to one of the officers " Oooh, you've got SUCH a small head"

During the game, the guy sitting beside me suddenly lost his voice and was talking like the taxi driver from "Naked Camera"
    Saturday night included both Babysis and I going to 2 different hostel receptions(within 10mins walk of other) before finally finding the right hostel, was still drunk when I came home and woke everyone up.

Sunday night, Kitty Flynn's shut 30 mins early and kicked us out so we ended up by accident in a gay bar (Club X), think Police Academy nightclub scene but instead with a drag queen singing and lots of big scary "friendly" girls

Finally flying back from Bristol, at check-in 4 girls cackling away ignoring us finally tell us that "we broke the rules of ryanair" as we selected priority boarding and we did not check in online we had to go and pay a 2 quid fine.
    LOL
    Got on plane finally and noticed I did not have a window at all...shocking...

Babysis can fill any blanks in the story cos i can't remember much else.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No, I think you covered most of it- Just have to post a link to the pics, or maybe not

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No, I think you covered most of it- Just have to post a link to the pics, or maybe not
    Chicken

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie View Post
    Chicken
    Moi?? I think not. The pics are on the picture post thread

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617