Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Wales Away (17th November 2007) - Match Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Got the form in the door today. €54!!!

I wonder are there cheaper home tickets available?
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

reder
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    Got the form in the door today. €54!!!

I wonder are there cheaper home tickets available?
    Robbing gits! Thats the most expensive category of ticket available. You can get tickets for £15 and £20 stg for Wales games. Interesting to see where we are put. The NI fans got a stand behind the goal but England and Germany fans were on seperate tiers in a different part of the ground when they played there. Flights in are a pain, even Birmingham is expensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scousedub View Post
    Yes,closing date for applying for an application form was 7th September.
    I emailed the FAI on Tuesday (11th) and they said they'd send the form out.

I don't think they'll be too worried about latest applications for the application form. After last night, I don't think there will be a massive demand. It is now a glorified friendly as teams are going for qualification. Its a real pity as judging by the Germany game, I don't think the Welsh fans will be coming out in droves for a game against Ireland. A half empty Millenium Stadium awaits. I see we are almost guarenteed to be third seeds next time so only pride at stake.

Ticket is a bit pricey all right but prefer to be in the Irish end than Wales end.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I was talking with Scots fans yesterday on my way home in Birmingham airport. They showed me their tickets and they had a face value of €120! I couldn't believe it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    I was talking with Scots fans yesterday on my way home in Birmingham airport. They showed me their tickets and they had a face value of €120! I couldn't believe it.
    Ya what! 120 euro. Ours were only something like 20 euro when Ireland last played in the Stade de France.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reder View Post
    Robbing gits! Thats the most expensive category of ticket available. You can get tickets for £15 and £20 stg for Wales games. Interesting to see where we are put. The NI fans got a stand behind the goal but England and Germany fans were on seperate tiers in a different part of the ground when they played there. Flights in are a pain, even Birmingham is expensive.
    Cheapest option we got was with www.flybmi.com into Heathrow for €50 and €80 for two days car hire. Which is not too bad if you have four in the car. Two and a half hour drive from Heathrow to Cardiff

reder
    Decided to just for the day in and out of Bristol. Flights were about €140 ret but on footie weekends the peelers are wallies in Cardiff and there is literally nothing to do, so we didnt see the point in doing an overnighter. Train journey is only about 45 mins to Cardiff central leaving us plenty of time to find a suitable watering hole before and after the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Worth noting that there are two train stations in Bristol - Parkway and Temple-Meades. Parkway takes you to Cardiff but it's miles out of the city, not sure about trains to Cardiff from Temple-Meades, so that's worth taking note of.

Looking at getting a flight in to Bristol on Friday night. Gets in at 2130. Can anyone confirm that there will be a rail service to Cardiff that will suit that flight?
    Ireland: Discovered!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manic da hoop View Post
    Worth noting that there are two train stations in Bristol - Parkway and Temple-Meades. Parkway takes you to Cardiff but it's miles out of the city, not sure about trains to Cardiff from Temple-Meades, so that's worth taking note of.
    Temple-Meades is the nearest one to Bristol airport and it has trains running to Cardiff Central - which is only five minutes walk from the Millennium Stadium.

reder
    Gets in at 2130. Can anyone confirm that there will be a rail service to Cardiff that will suit that flight?
    There will be trains available. You can check the times here:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

The stations are Bristol Temple-Meads and Cardiff Central. Bristol Temple-Meads is about 7 miles from the airport and the airport coach service gets you to the train station from the airport (Runs every 15 mins).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    There seems to be only one direct train from Temple-Meads to Cardiff at that time at 2255, so if you miss that you're screwed. How difficult is it to get to Parkway from the airport, does anybody know?
    Ireland: Discovered!

reder
    There seems to be only one direct train from Temple-Meads to Cardiff at that time at 2255, so if you miss that you're screwed. How difficult is it to get to Parkway from the airport, does anybody know?
    Parkway is miles to the north of the city. Wouldnt get a taxi unless there is a group travelling. You would need to get a connecting train from Temple-Meads to Parkway. Checked national express buses from Bristol to Cardiff for you and there is nothing after 20.20 im afraid.

You have the option on 3 trains from Temple-Meads:

21:54 direct. (Should make it but you would have to be quick leaving the airport)
    22:06 changing at Parkway.
    22:54 direct.
    Last edited by reder; 19/09/2007 at 9:12 AM.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads, trains from London £15 each way on www.virgintrains.co.uk if any of ye are thinking of flying into and out of London.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanie mac View Post
    Lads, trains from London £15 each way on www.virgintrains.co.uk if any of ye are thinking of flying into and out of London.
    Wouldnt be a bad idea at all considering the costs of flights into Cardiff/Bristol atm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Will be doing a day thing as I live an hour and a half by train from Cardiff.

I used to go to a lot of Wales games a few years back (mainly due to friends down there, ease of getting there, cheapness of tickets - only cost me £15 to watch them beat Italy) - so my knowledge of the area is pretty good.

Best place for the beer is definitely Westgate Street (which is the street that runs alongside the Mileniwm) - there's a Wetherspoons type place called "The Gatekeeper" which is massive and pretty cheap.

Also could try the "City Arms" which is just off Westgate Street - a small compact place (and where I watched the Holland game in which McAteer scored from a few years back).

There is another W'spoons just down from Cardiff Central Rail Station called the "Prince of Wales" (used to be a theatre/cinema back in the day) - cheap and cheerful.

Another very good place is on the street that runs up to the Castle (which is the next street along) - called the High Street. The pub is called "The Goat Major" - does one of the best pints of Brains SA in the whole city.

Food is the usual choice, BK, McDonalds, Subway, etc.

One word of warning though - hopefully the Heddlu will do their usual superb work - keep your wits about you in case the Soul Crew from Cardiff City decide to show up.

Will post up some more info as and when I do think about it...

Should be a good day anyway - and I look forward to hopefully meeting a few more Foot.ie heads.
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    I'd reccomend Nosda @ the Riverbank as a hostel to stay in , its cheap enough with its own bar and its right across the bridge from the stadium

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Talking

I'd recommend the riverhouse hostel ut it might be full now, but worth a try as it was full on hostelbookers but contacted directly it had a room?

email info@riverhousebackpackers.com
    charlie is contact
    they right beside Millenium stadium

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanie mac View Post
    £54stg return now
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops View Post
    £54stg return now

You can still get on our train at 7.45am sat morning for £11 single.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babysis View Post
    You can still get on our train at 7.45am sat morning for £11 single.
    What about coming back? Looks to me like that would cost and extra £53 if bought singly
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast