Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eamonn Zayed

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eamonn Zayed

One of todays rags (Mirror?) alleges 2 bids in,from Cork and Drogheda. Can we resist? If not how about a small Day of Anger??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Personally don't think either club could afford him. If Jayo is valued at 750k (or there abouts), Eamo is easily worth 300k. Lets see either of those sides throw that kind of money on the table.
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulsey
    Lets see either of those sides throw that kind of money on the table.

Not unless those are magic sunglasses.
    As i said in the transfer discussion thread, another rag already said ye were looking for 50k.
    Don't know how either side could say no to that.

Another (probably unfounded but more believable) rumour is that Bray want 100k and neither Drogs nor City are willing to pay because he would be free in July(true?).
    Haven't heard anyone yet deny his contracts up in July. Is that true?
    Might be best to get rid then so as to get a few bob.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulsey
    Personally don't think either club could afford him. If Jayo is valued at 750k (or there abouts), Eamo is easily worth 300k. Lets see either of those sides throw that kind of money on the table.
    a player who didnt make it at crewe or a relegated Norwiegan outfit?

dont think so bud.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo

dont think so bud.
    A lot of players in the eL have'nt made it in England......... So whats your point ?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    No eL inter-club transfer is going to make 300k. Bit of realism there fella.

BTW Jason Byrne would surely that been sold for 500k if shels weren't going to have to pass on 50% of that cash.

Zayed is unproven at anything other than lower Premier division.

Drogs would probably pay more money but if he has any ambitions for future career CCFC is the only options with CL exposure working under the best manager in the league.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    No eL inter-club transfer is going to make 300k. Bit of realism there fella.

BTW Jason Byrne would surely that been sold for 500k if shels weren't going to have to pass on 50% of that cash.

Zayed is unproven at anything other than lower Premier division.

Drogs would probably pay more money but if he has any ambitions for future career CCFC is the only options with CL exposure working under the best manager in the league.
    Sorry dont agree with ya there, Zayed has proven himself for the past 3 seasons scoring goals, he played half a season for us last year, and scored 12 goals with what most of you would say is an average side. That was more than John O'Flynn, Georgie Boy, Kearney, O'Donavan and Fenn.

If Zayed was to move to another club he would be better off signing for a Dublin club, namely Shels, that would allow him to finish his degree while playing along side the top striker in the eL. He would'nt have to move and would most likely get better wages than he would down in Cork.

But at the end of the day if any club in the eL wants to buy him they would probably have to break the record to sign him.....

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69
    Sorry dont agree with ya there, Zayed has proven himself for the past 3 seasons scoring goals, he played half a season for us last year, and scored 12 goals with what most of you would say is an average side. That was more than John O'Flynn, Georgie Boy, Kearney, O'Donavan and Fenn.

If Zayed was to move to another club he would be better off signing for a Dublin club, namely Shels, that would allow him to finish his degree while playing along side the top striker in the eL. He would'nt have to move and would most likely get better wages than he would down in Cork.

But at the end of the day if any club in the eL wants to buy him they would probably have to break the record to sign him.....
    Two things i thought it wasn't possible for Zayed to finish his degree if he moved to Shels???

Secondly i thought Shels had no money at all and could possibly go bust???

All according to your goodself in a previous post on this topic??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Did a bit of research there and i wouldn't be optimistic about City signing him now.

Even if his contracts up in June/July the worst situation for Bray would be identical to Kearneys situation atm. Under 23 on 1 Jan.

Thats unless the tribunal decides his spells in Crewe and Norway constituted leaving the club.

Complicated.

Think the summer rather than now might be when we see things happen either way when he's finished college.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa B
    Two things i thought it wasn't possible for Zayed to finish his degree if he moved to Shels???

Secondly i thought Shels had no money at all and could possibly go bust???

All according to your goodself in a previous post on this topic??
    I thought you said he could do it part time or did you forget saying that ? thats why i said Shels.... and if you noticed the IF in bold........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    A lot of players in the eL have'nt made it in England......... So whats your point ?
    MY POINT IS HE'S NOT WORTH THE MONEY YOUR MATE I QUOTED POSTED.

like the vast majority of EL plyers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    I thought you said he could do it part time or did you forget saying that ? thats why i said Shels.... and if you noticed the IF in bold........
    No didn't forget i brought it up sure and you told me it wouldn't be possible to combine both and also IFS or no IFS when Shels were mentioned you suggested they could go broke now your saying money wise he'd be better off going to Shels as opposed to Cork anyway not getting into it it's just it seems you don't like Cork.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa B
    No didn't forget i brought it up sure and you told me it wouldn't be possible to combine both and also IFS or no IFS when Shels were mentioned you suggested they could go broke now your saying money wise he'd be better off going to Shels as opposed to Cork anyway not getting into it it's just it seems you don't like Cork.
    No i dont like Cork as a team but that has nothig to do with it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Thumbs up

No i dont like Cork as a team but that has nothig to do with it

Yeah right!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

dont think so bud.
    At Crewe he was up against Dean Ashton for a place, who was carring the side, shown by their dismal performance since his departure. Over in Norway was thrown in at the deep end and given 8 weeks to save a very poor side (from what I've heard) and had to adapt to a new country, climate, style of football in that 8 weeks, which is nowhere near enough time. Look at how long it took Henry to settle at Arsenal! Maybe the 300k is a SLIGHT exageration, but you'd be looking for near enough to that for the best young striker in the league. Would fetch far more than that if he was playing in league 1 or 2 over in England. Just look at Jon Stead for example. Blackburn payed a million for him from Huddersfield( not 100% sure of the team, more a guess really.) and no one had heard of him. Now he's only scored one goal in the last season and a half. Zayed would get a better return than that in my opinion.
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Maybe the 300k is a SLIGHT exageration, but you'd be looking for near enough to that for the best young striker in the league
    Who says he is the best young striker in the league?
    and how old does he have to be before he stops being young?
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by higgins
    Who says he is the best young striker in the league?
    and how old does he have to be before he stops being young?
    Zayed would defo be considered as one of the best young strikers in the league...... why would so many clubs so such an interest in him if he was'nt hot property ?

I reckon a player stops being considered at 23/24

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    this is hilarious. Bearing in mind the Inter club EL transfer record is 30kyou reckon Zayed is worth 300k

Fair enough he score a few goals in a very poor side, and would be a welcome addition to most teams but lets be realistic of his valuation girls!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    lads lets be honest here to say that any el club would pay 300k for eamo is absurd and mental on all your behalf. Personaly i think he is a decent player and roo will tell you that when roomers where stiring last year of him going to rovers i was not too happy. the reasoning i am thinking cork or drogs would go in for him is his youth and the fact that he did score 12 goals, and they would of course feel he would be a squad player rather than a team player. now eamo would not be silly enough to want to move away from a team where he is doming ok to sit on a bench for most of a season and then become a nobody it has happened to so many young talented footballers one example being glen at shels had a great future and then a bad move just didnt work out his way, if he had any sence he would stay with bray for a full season and try socre 12 goals + this season then really set himself up for a big move next year rather than do it now and regret it later in his career ! personlly speaking i think he would be a good 1st div striker. every layer has one good season!!!! true form is consistancy
    Strachan on Rooney:
    It's an incredible rise to stardom, at 17 you're more likely to get a call from Michael Jackson than Sven Goran Eriksson.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    this is hilarious. Bearing in mind the Inter club EL transfer record is 30kyou reckon Zayed is worth 300k

Fair enough he score a few goals in a very poor side, and would be a welcome addition to most teams but lets be realistic of his valuation girls!
    Personally i feel eL clubs have to get real when selling players to eachother, players are sold far to cheap......

We sold Jaosn Byrne to Shels for a lot more than 30k......

Yeah our very poor side took points off every team last season, even down in Cork and up in Derry. Zayed IMO opnion would start in most premier division sides, maybe with the execption of Shels were Byrne, Crowe and O'Neill would be a fighting for 2 places, but with the likes of Cork, O'Flynn would be his only threat cause in fairness Fenn hardly sets the world alight with his goal scoring feats.........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast