Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ticket allocation from FIFA

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Aplogies for not quoting where i got the info from.

Roll on 2010 world cup there will be loads of tickets for that one. This really must be the biggest world cup ever in terms of people looking to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just after transferring the money into the Deutscher Fussball Bund account for the tickets. Gelsenkirchen here we come!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    3 applications for 2 tickets for 7 games... nowt. Lets see what happens on Wedensday... my money's on the website crashing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060213/1/621b.html

Fourth sales phase opens on 15 February: Allocation of 30,000 conditional tickets underway
    13 February 2006
    by OC 2006 FIFA World Cup

"First come, first served" is the order of the day when the fourth 2006 FIFA World Cup™ ticket sales phase opens on 15 February at midday (Central European Time). As in the three preceding sales periods, the retail platform is provided by official website www.FIFAworldcup.com. Ticket supplies will be frequently updated through to the end of the phase on 15 April 2006. The 'new' tickets result from the process of finalising seating plans, and from tickets offered for resale after return for non-payment or other reasons.
    "We have one significant difference compared to previous sales phases, the probability of more tickets becoming available later in the phase than at the beginning. Our current priority is the conditional ticket programme. Fans are advised to visit www.FIFAworldcup.com frequently, as the offer will be continuously updated,“ commented OC senior vice-president Horst R. Schmidt.

By the end of February, some 30,000 tickets will have been allocated to participants in the conditional ticket programme. At the weekend, the 2006 FIFA World Cup™ Ticketing Center passed this news in writing to the 61,000 applicants who took out options on a total of 140,000 match tickets between 2 and 30 November 2005. "It is a pleasure to fulfil our pledge to conditional ticket programme participants of a realistic, or indeed an excellent chance, of receiving a match ticket. Based on the current situation, we expect to allocate a further, significant block of tickets to the conditional ticket programme,“ Schmidt predicted.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    30,000 tickets to 140,000 applicants, not bad odds at all. However, have forgotten what tickets I applied for under the condtional phase and the customer sef service is not open until 7pm tonight.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soylent green
    Just after transferring the money into the Deutscher Fussball Bund account for the tickets. Gelsenkirchen here we come!
    Just wondering did you get any confirmation from FIFA saying they got the money or anything?? My bank said mine went through alright but have heard nowt back from FIFA and would rather be safe than sorry!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The money has gone into the Deutscher Fussball account last Friday but on Sunday I got the following e-mail. As I've paid, I'm ignoring this message. If I get confirmation, I'll post it up here.

I did the bank transfer in my own branch of Bank of Ireland and they didn't charge me any fees on the transaction.

"Subject: Payment instructions for your 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™ ticket order

You have ordered tickets for the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™ and selected bank transfer as method of payment. Unfortunately we could not register to this day any incoming payment under your name and therefore we remind you that the payment should be completed by the 24 February 2006.

In order to complete your order successfully, we remind you that you need to transfer the due amount on the account we set up for this purpose, otherwise we will have to cancel your order. Should you have already proceeded to the transfer in the meantime, please ignore this information."

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's alright, I've just seen that the Self Service thing is back up and running and it has the status down as 'Paid' for the ticket I was allocated so I can rest easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12