Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delap linked with Sunderland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts

Delap linked with Sunderland

From http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?h...for+North+East
    Premiership strugglers Sunderland are keen to sign Southampton's Rory Delap on transfer deadline day.

The versatile Republic of Ireland international has been offered a two-and-a-half year contract to uproot and switch from the South Coast to the North East.

Delap's agent Neil Sillett told skysports.com that a free transfer is on the brink of completion.

"There's a few i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed," Sillett informed skysports.com on Tuesday morning.

"He's agreed personal terms and it's a two-and-a-half year deal.

"He is looking forward to linking up with Mick McCarthy after working with him with the Republic of Ireland national team."

Delap had previously been linked with Sunderland's North East rivals, and opponents on Tuesday night, Middlesbrough.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yep .. hes just signed .. decent signing for us .. hopefully he can produce the goods and keep us up ( only joking ) .. no be a good signing to get us back up from the championship and hopefully get into the ireland squad again ..

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979
    The versatile Republic of Ireland international
    Kiss of death to be called "versatile". Means you're average at everything and nothing special in any particular position because if you were, you'd hold down that position.

Don't see Delap having an Irish future I am afraid. He's long enough in the tooth to have made an impact by now. Strange to see Mick signing him because I am not too sure he played him that often when he was our manager although I know he was injury prone.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think I said that Sunderland woudl go down at the start of the season with a record low total. I think Zidane you laughed at me at the time.
    In Trap we trust

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    They'll pick up 3 points at home tonight against 'Boro and record their first home win in the Premiership under Mick.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD
    I think I said that Sunderland woudl go down at the start of the season with a record low total. I think Zidane you laughed at me at the time.
    yes id still laugh cause wont be record low total at all ... can see us getting at least mid twenties or early thirties in points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinedineontour
    yes id still laugh cause wont be record low total at all ... can see us getting at least mid twenties or early thirties in points

I'll be adding that quote to this quote:

Quote Originally Posted by zinedineontour
    worst side in prem history ? Dont think so . Obviously you have not watched any of our games. We have played a lot of good football this season and will improve with every game . Id be surprised to see us go down honestly and we will show in the weeks to come we are a better side than wigan, west brom , west ham for starters .. Dont be writing us of yet ffs there is 6 games gone ....
    both of which will be dug out in May again.

Terrible move for Delap - why is he wasting his time. Hope its only a very short term contract.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finlma
    I'll be adding that quote to this quote:

both of which will be dug out in May again.

Terrible move for Delap - why is he wasting his time. Hope its only a very short term contract.
    Dig away ... we are not the poorest team in premier league history and time will show that .. Why terrible move for delap ? going to a side that are very likely to come back up next season rather than a side who could be in relegation trouble with southampton ... sensible move for delap . Its a pity so many on here are delighted with mick doing bad ... Very Irish attitude ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Zidane I am not delighted Mick is doing badlyl. But Sunderland are rubbish and your quote after 6 games has been shown to be worthless as you were totally wrong in it. You said they were better than Wigan West Ham West Brom which is laughable.
    In Trap we trust

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Zidane I am not delighted Mick is doing badlyl. But Sunderland are rubbish and your quote after 6 games has been shown to be worthless as you were totally wrong in it. You said they were better than Wigan West Ham West Brom which is laughable.
    well 1 out of 3 aint bad .. we are a better team than west brom who sadly will prob go down with us ... to be honest we are in a different league financially to every single team in the league and would have taken a much braver chairman to keep us up ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    U are not better than West Brom they are ahead of you in the table. The league table does not lie.
    In Trap we trust

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    U are not better than West Brom they are ahead of you in the table. The league table does not lie.
    well if thats the case might as well relegate the bottom 3 now and sure give spurs the champions league spot cause table doesnt lie ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    No cause the rules of the League say its over a 38 game season. However there no logic to you stating that West Brom are not as good as Sunderland. My logic is the current league table. What is yours.
    In Trap we trust

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    But it's telling the truth at the moment.Sunderland are awful and tbh are worse than any team in the bottom part of the premier or top six in league one,surely even you can admit to this.I really do not think that anyone is blaming Mick, he just does not have the players or the money to compete and buying Delap proves this.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No cause the rules of the League say its over a 38 game season. However there no logic to you stating that West Brom are not as good as Sunderland. My logic is the current league table. What is yours.
    So with your logic spurs are a better team than arsenal and wigan better than bolton ?? my logic is that we beat west brom recently away and drew at home with them scoring a 93rd minute goal .. so overall we have looked a better team when we have played them .. there you go ...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeag
    But it's telling the truth at the moment.Sunderland are awful and tbh are worse than any team in the bottom part of the premier or top six in league one,surely even you can admit to this.I really do not think that anyone is blaming Mick, he just does not have the players or the money to compete and buying Delap proves this.
    I agree we have been terrible and the financial restraints have not helped .. mick has made some bad purchases with his little money and can be partly to blame but the main problem is our chairman to be honest .. Delap is really all we can aim for at the moment due to the fact we are after free transfers and even some of them have fallen through due to high wages .. the only teams i think we are currently better or similar to are pompey and west brom ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Strange logic I would rather go on 22 points versus 9 which must be pretty embarassing as a Sunderland supporter. I would say someting ifyou were close to West Brom but you are miles behind them . There is not much between Arsenal and Spurs and I think it could come down to the game at teh end of the season between them. At the moment spurs are 4 points better with a game in hand for Arsenal which could bge just 1 point so thats a hard one to call. Wigan Bolton is the same as Bolton have 2 games in hand so you are not comparing like with like. Sunderland have 1 game in hand which brings them to 12 if they win it. Something they have done 2 times all season and never at home. This will still leave them 10 points behind West Brom.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Strange logic I would rather go on 22 points versus 9 which must be pretty embarassing as a Sunderland supporter. I would say someting ifyou were close to West Brom but you are miles behind them . There is not much between Arsenal and Spurs and I think it could come down to the game at teh end of the season between them. At the moment spurs are 4 points better with a game in hand for Arsenal which could bge just 1 point so thats a hard one to call. Wigan Bolton is the same as Bolton have 2 games in hand so you are not comparing like with like. Sunderland have 1 game in hand which brings them to 12 if they win it. Something they have done 2 times all season and never at home. This will still leave them 10 points behind West Brom.
    On present form, Spurs are a better team than Aresenal

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    not really that strange cause when ive seen sunderland v west brom and can compare like for like sunderland have looked the better team on both days .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well I think league points are a much better guage of a teams ability rather than one off games. That is why the league is considered a bigger prize than the FA Cup.
    In Trap we trust

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast