This is just brilliant!! Im delighted

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jockser
    This is just brilliant!! Im delighted
    Not as much as me !!!! Over rthe f-ing moon.

GOD is back !!!!!
    Bye bye Stan. Go off back to collecting cones you useless git.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Fowler is sh!te now, what are Pool fans getting excited over?. Crouch and Fowler up front, only good times lie ahead
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Fowler joins Liverpool to ease their striking problems. That's very strange. What next? Nicky Butt back to United to ease their midfield problems.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    say what you want muppets he is a liverpool legend and we are delighted to have him back. Do you think he would have missed cisses chance at the scum? would he f**k! give him the ball in the penalty area and he will score as he showed slur drunken ferguson 2 weeks ago

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    Fowler is sh!te now, what are Pool fans getting excited over?
    I wouldn't expect a Utd. fan to understand why this has virtually all Liverpool fans smiling going home tonight...

To Liverpool fans it is Robbie Fowler. We're not expecting him to add very much to his 170 goals (yes 170 goals), but he is another aspect to the team if we need to break down dull counter-attacking teams like the opposition last week. Like Pellegrino honed the zonal marking and helped the defence make it what it is now, you can't help but learn from Fowler as a striker in training etc. Whether he scores 100 goals in 10 games or not, it's the fact that a Liverpool legend is back at the club gives the club a boost regardless of his impact on the pitch....

(Of course his five fingered salute two weeks only helps his legend status)

Excellent signing

(Incidentally cue mypost with: "We need a striker and who does he get but a washed up has been from a mid table team like City...blah blah blah")
    Last edited by dfx-; 27/01/2006 at 4:58 PM.
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Seriously, wtf? I'm making note to ask ye all about what ye think of him at the end of the season. I'll see what ye say then. Ye'd have been much better re-signing Owen. As I said, Fowler and Crouch up front, classic attacking line-up.

See Sissy boy was arrested last night, he's on his way out, just in time too....
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Cisse is going - the cats in the street have known that for months...

I have no problems with Fowler...whatever he can do he can do it...I am not expecting him to score 200 goals - he has already done that, he is this year's Pellegrino. Look at Pellegrino's performances on the pitch and you don't see his effect. Nobody has gone on about the zonal marking rubbish since, though, eh? He signed on a 6 month free with a review at the end of last season - ring any bells?

If you are training with Fowler, you learn from him - he is that good. The problem with Fowler is his fitness but so was Pellegrino - we may only see the effects of his signing next year if Fowler leaves after scoring only once or twice. It is the behind the scenes effects that makes this signing good - Chelsea and Utd fans might not get that - since you prefer to go for ready prepared big money, great goal scoring players rather than Benitez' subtle signings...

Whether he scores no goals, he still has scored 1 goal in under every two matches (170 in 331) and will be a legend regardless. On top of that is the boost to the morale of the club on his return - the Kop might not survive next Wednesday if he's on even the bench. He is a legend and will always be for me. Regardless of when you come back and say it, I will still regard him as a legend...
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Great to have Robbie back. He's been pretty impressive for City in recent weeks, some of his finishing has been class. He's beside himself with happiness after re-joining, seen interview on the official site. Lets hope he can stay fit. I bet he'll score a **** load of goals, and we'll be laughing at the nay-sayers, just like we were last May....

Apparently Owen is on his way in the summer as well, as he has a clause to leave for £12m if Newcastle fail to qualify for europe. That'll be the icing on the cake...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A good time to sign him, just as he starts to hit some form. From the interviews he's given on sky he seems quite motivated. That's a good sign.

The final snub to Owen though.
    "...and it's Charlie Chaplin on the wing..."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "We all live in a Robbie Fowler house
    A Robbie Fowler house,
    A Robbie Fowler house........"

A friend who's a mad Liverpool fan reckons the excitement is all nostalgia clouding people's judgement. "Liathroidi to that", I said. Nobody holds a status among Kopites quite like Robbie and even if he doesn't score a goal this season that will never be damaged. This is a momentous day for LFC and for Robbie, who said in his book that he had "unfinished business" at the club. Finish your business now Robbie and you could be holding 6 fingers aloft at the Theatre of Wet Dreams next season! It may be more awkward than the 5 but somebody will have to do it
    Mens sana in corpore sano

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Absolutely delighted to have him back. We've been lacking a predator type striker and Fowler is still more than capable of producing the goods given the service.

He'll be a great foil for Crouch or Morientes and I've just finished reading his autobiography where he was saying how well he worked with Kewell. With Kewell finally looking like the player he threatened to be, I can only see good times ahead for "GOD" providing he stays fit.

Can't wait to see him in the red again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    interesting to see European Champions signing Man City reserve strikers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cole and Vassell formed a quick and decent enough partnership for City. Pearce has said that he always wanted pace up front as City were going to counter attack more often than not so the fact Fowler wasn't a regular this season is of no concern to me. He lost his pace years ago and Liverpool lack a wily striker not another Cisse. I know he can still do it and that's why 99% of Liverpool fans are delighted with this...because they know he'll get plenty of service.

I've lost count of the number of times that I've looked at the shots on goal stats for Liverpool games this season and seen 15-20 shots on goal with 0,1 or 2 goals scored. Hopefully that'll change now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    All you have to do is look at Cisse's miss against Utd last week and that says it all really. Cisse is just not the real deal, he has no composure, 95% of the time he just lashes at the ball and his goals ratio reflects that. Fowler will score goals, that I have no doubt about.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    And City buy a 20 year old Greek lad with the wages saved it looks like - for 6 million.

Anyone know if Samaras would have been better bet for Pool or is he too Crouch like?

Always liked Robbeh, think he'll bag 10 between here and season end with the midfield Pool have. He doesn't need to have the legs, just get into position and he's never lost that knack.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    I heard the Man U fans are getting excited because there's a rumour Bobby Charlton might be coming back
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    this is the most surprising signing in donkeys years!!

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan
    I heard the Man U fans are getting excited because there's a rumour Bobby Charlton might be coming back
    And that's suppose to be funny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast