Discuss.......

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Gary Neville is a red - He hates scousers

Que a load of Alan Green wannabe's....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Gary Neville is a red - He hates scousers

Que a load of Alan Green wannabe's....
    No he is not a red, hes Man U red, huge difference, starting with 5 European Cups and 18 Leagues.

Neville encompasses all that is wrong with Man U. His "Everyone hates us" mentality is so last century, even Keane got fed up with it.

Fair play to Man U for winning a dreadful game, sure its about all they can win this season........
    Bye bye Stan. Go off back to collecting cones you useless git.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Not a great game at all summed up by a goal from the laziest player on the pitch,the palarse/reading game on Friday was much better.
    MOT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Had an agruement with a friend of mine over Rooney's tackle near the end on Pongelle, i thought yellow, he said red, what do ya's think ? He's point was that he went in with his foot off the ground, but i pointed out that Gerrard did the very same on Evra.

It was'nt a dirty game but there could of been a few Red cards on another day.

Did Finnan foul Evra for the free-kick that lead to the goal ? IMO yes.

Absolutely shocking game of football thou, United's midfield was none existant but did ok considering that they had no central midfielders actually playing, Liverpool's strikers are pure muck, How Cisse stayed on the pitch for as long as he did is beyone me !

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Being a STH i was lucky enough to witness this terrible game overall but if you don't take your chance/s the end result is what happened. Utd being without a few regulars worked in their favour and though i thought Liverpool were better credit were credit is due Man U kept going til the end. I thought it would have been harsh to award red on Rooney and also i thought the Finnan foul was a foul. Was disppointed we didn't have more of a go but that's the way it goes.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Anyone got a clip of Gary Neville at the end? Priceless.

Pool were the better but United had the more chances and were finishing much stronger. Giggs and Rooney carried the midfield, Rooney is getting better and better all the time.
    Rio had his best game for United and that was before he scored. And as for the maestro Benitez, terrible sub late on, was caught cold for the goal. Persisting with Cisse and taking off Crouch, and leaving Gerrard on the right when hes far superior in the middle or in an attacking role.
    Poor game overall though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Persisting with Cisse and taking off Crouch

Crouch went off injured

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy
    Anyone got a clip of Gary Neville at the end? Priceless.
    the funniest piece was him grabbing the left side of his jersey to kiss the crest and then realising the crest is in the middle. plonker.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I feel asleep in the 2nd half zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    the funniest piece was him grabbing the left side of his jersey to kiss the crest and then realising the crest is in the middle. plonker.
    Would'nt say that would have bothered him that much in fairness, 3 points and all that business against your biggest rivals.....

Personally i think if fans give out constent abuse then they should be able to take it back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    I agree but if a fan did what Neville did we'd all be calling for them to be banned & calling them all sorts etc etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    if anyone hasn't seen it yet, here is a link to neville and rooney's celebrations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB6qEi_J4fM

and also here is a link to excellent article on football365 about the celebration:

http://www.football365.com/opinion/j...y_174987.shtml

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinR
    And also here is a link to excellent article on football365 about the celebration:
    Can't disagree with that.
    As a Liverpool fan who was forced to listen to the last 10 minutes on the radio I was outraged at Nevilles display as described by Alan Greens commentary. Having seen it today it was nothing. To be expected.
    And much as I was delighted to see Robbie celebrate in front of the Mancs last week, you have to turn around and take it on the chin.
    When they say football is a funny old game ,they really do mean it.
    Last edited by razor; 23/01/2006 at 1:04 PM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    and leaving Gerrard on the right when hes far superior in the middle or in an attacking role.
    gerrard did more from the right position in the first half than he did from the central position 2nd half. sissoko out wide doesnt work...he looks to go backwards most of the time.

rooney is a smashing player but he really annoyed me the way he was constantly mouthing to the ref after every tackle liverpool made.

i thought man us reaction to their goal and the other garbage that went on smacked of desperation. another false dawn for the fallen.
    you gowl!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by declan hide
    gerrard did more from the right position in the first half than he did from the central position 2nd half. sissoko out wide doesnt work...he looks to go backwards most of the time.

rooney is a smashing player but he really annoyed me the way he was constantly mouthing to the ref after every tackle liverpool made.

i thought man us reaction to their goal and the other garbage that went on smacked of desperation. another false dawn for the fallen.

Have to admit if it did remind me of the 2-2 in anfield a few years back where pool equalised late on. Tables have turned now and united are the ones with little to play for this season.
    Still think united will be back soon enough if they can get in a few decent midfielders.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    is there any truth to the rumuors he shouted that he'd "prefere to have aids than be a scouser" to the liverpool fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Have to admit if it did remind me of the 2-2 in anfield a few years back where pool equalised late on. Tables have turned now and united are the ones with little to play for this season.
    Still think united will be back soon enough if they can get in a few decent midfielders.
    Both United and Liverpool are still in contention for 2 trophys each, United with the FA and Carling Cups and Liverpool with the Champions League and FA Cup.

Unless Chelsea implode then neither club have a chance of winning the premiership.

United are 4 points ahead of Liverpool in the Premiership.

Both clubs are roughly on par.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69
    Both United and Liverpool are still in contention for 2 trophys each, United with the FA and Carling Cups and Liverpool with the Champions League and FA Cup.

Unless Chelsea implode then neither club have a chance of winning the premiership.

United are 4 points ahead of Liverpool in the Premiership.

Both clubs are roughly on par.

I think what Elroy means is that Liverpool have improved to Man U's level now which means as you said they are both on a par.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa B
    I think what Elroy means is that Liverpool have improved to Man U's level now which means as you said they are both on a par.
    i was having a debate at work about this - have liverpool improved that much in the last couple of years, or have united dropped down so much in standard to liverpools level.

i reckon united have been in decline since the treble, but only truly noticeable in the last three seasons. there is a massive amount of team building to get them back anywhere near title contenders.

liverpool, i reckon are riding their momentum at the moment (a brilliant run - just like united around jan to march last year), but will still finish about 5-10 points off united this season. however, long term they do look like the only team that could stop chelsea over the next few seasons

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast