Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Theo Walcott Signs For Arsenal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Theo Walcott Signs For Arsenal

Theo Walcott,Next Henry?

It will be great to see himself and Henry together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Delighted with the signing. Looks the part from what I've seen of him. Wenger says he'll challenge for a first team place within weeks and said he viewed him playing wide right up front in a 4-3-3.

In a week of high moral ground stances form footballers it was also lovely to see a player turn down more russian money becuase he feels the style of play, the opportunity to learn more from the players around him and the overall structure of the club is more important to his development (although let's not kid ourselves, he's gonna get well paid to do it).

Shaun Wright-Phillips has done a brilliant job in turning almost every talented youngster off joining Chelsea - maybe his aul lad was looking after his old club after all.
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Ya i cant see Wright-Phillips still being with chelsea in 2 years time.
    Dont think he will go to Arsenal though...dont think Wenger would have him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stars
    Ya i cant see Wright-Phillips still being with chelsea in 2 years time.
    Dont think he will go to Arsenal though...dont think Wenger would have him.
    Yep, I agree. Had his chance and f*cked it up. Allegedly had the nerve to ask for almost 4 million in fees for his agent which funniliy enough was his aul lad, Wrighty. If that's not being a greedy little so and so then I don't know what is. Still like the lad as a player but there's no doubt he would have seen far more playing time in the current Arsenal team and you must wonder where he'll eventually end up now.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    theo is a great signing for arsenal..im jst disapointed tha liverpool didn't go in for him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Personally i think Arsenal paid stupid money for him. Aaron Lennon is a much better player and cost much less. Good move not loaning him back to Southampton though, really though some big hoofing defender was going to put the lad out with a broken leg after being embarassed by him.
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not necessarily stupid money in my opinion. They are paying 5 million in installments and the other 7 million only on appearances. Don't think it's as big a financial gamble as it sounds when a paper runs the "12 million Signing Story". If he plays well then we pay more money - but sure who cares paying more money if he turns out to be a star and if he fails he'll be sold to cover whatever remaining installments need to be paid.

It's a similar scenario to the jeffers deal where with the papers claiming we paid out 10 million. According to the AGM figures they actually only paid 2.5 million with the rest based on appearances. They didn't actually lose anything on Jeffers besides wages during his time at the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosIRL
    Not necessarily stupid money in my opinion. They are paying 5 million in installments and the other 7 million only on appearances. Don't think it's as big a financial gamble as it sounds when a paper runs the "12 million Signing Story". If he plays well then we pay more money - but sure who cares paying more money if he turns out to be a star and if he fails he'll be sold to cover whatever remaining installments need to be paid.

It's a similar scenario to the jeffers deal where with the papers claiming we paid out 10 million. According to the AGM figures they actually only paid 2.5 million with the rest based on appearances. They didn't actually lose anything on Jeffers besides wages during his time at the club.
    Wasn't aware of the appearances clause when I posted, 5 mill isn't as big a gamble alright. Still think Lennon is far better and is only 2 years older. Playing in an incredably poor southampton team made him look more special than he may actually be.
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway