Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Monaghan to talk with Sheridan

Neil

Monaghan to talk with Sheridan

Tony Sheridan to due to have talks with Monaghan manager, Bobby Browne, on Thursday with a view to joining the newly-promoted side.

The 26-year-old, who is currently training on his own until he finds a new club, is also wanted by double winners, Bohemians, and Dundalk, but Browne hopes that Sheridan will chose to join the Trojans.

more...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

I hope

That Monaghan do well this year ... it would be great for the club and that side of the country to have them stay up after the coming season, having seen them play this year. Their nearest rivals Longford have lead by example. I feel they will be good side to play against for any team in the ericom league, and i hope they can hold their own.

Best of luck Monaghan and all at Gortakeegan !!!

Neil

Sheridan and Browne to meet again on Saturday

Bobby Browne, will talk with Tony Sheridan again on Saturday, after the pair met on Thursday morning to discuss the Shelbourne player's proposed move to Trojans. Sheridan is out of contract at Tolka Park and, according to Browne, the only stumbling block is Sheridan's wage expectation.

"I think it could go either way," said Browne. "We will talk again on Saturday and I rate it at 50/50.

"The biggest problem, as far as Monaghan United is concerned, is meeting his terms, which are very high compared to what we are paying here at the moment.

Neil

Browne pessimistic about Sheridan transfer

Monaghan United manager, Bobby Browne, is not optimistic about the chances of him signing former Coventry City and Cardiff midfielder, Tony Sheridan.

Browne had talks with the out-of-contract Shelbourne star, but he admitted the discussions had reached a stalemate.

"Nothing has been resolved," said Browne. "We will be in contact in another day or two, but the ball is in his court."

The hitch centres on Sheridan's wage expectation, but Browne refused to rule out the move altogether.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Tony Sheridan yesterday signed for Dublin City...He was closeto signing for Monaghan United but the deal fell through because his personal terms could not be met..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes ...

Dublin City seem to be going up alright .. Monaghan aren't making much progress ..

There's a message posted for ya anyway Citygirl !! Moderate that !
    Dan