Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Love Ulster March

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marksman
    Now can somebody (else, please!) answer as to who is responsible for permitting this march and if it is commonplace for Non-Republic Of Ireland (making it easier for some) organisations to be given these powers???.
    Seeing as you went to the bother of putting in it in bold script this must be burning in you so I'll hazard a guess.

I believe the procedure is to contact the garda station or stations within who's durisdiction your proposed march route falls. I'm not entirely certain if they have the power to actually forbid you to march but I'm sure they can make a right hassle for you on the day if you don't play ball with them.

Now why don't you go find out who the local super is and go bore the sh1t out him with your victim psychosis.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now can somebody (else, please!) answer as to who is responsible for permitting this march and if it is commonplace for Non-Republic Of Ireland (making it easier for some) organisations to be given these powers???.
    As a "moron", a Brit, might I suggest you instead read the Constitution of Ireland. Article 2 still extends the rights of citizenship to all people on the island of Ireland and Article 40 guarantees freedom of assembly.

A blanket ban on marches would be unconstitutional; the constitution does, however, provide for the policing of those marches.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    That song looks like it was written for the Ian Dempsey show! Is there any chance of a counter march of naturists coming down from Parnell Square singing the "The Sash I left in the Dryer".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speranza
    Rank hypocrisy. You view the GPO as hallowed ground obviously due to the struggle for freedom that occured there but then couldn't care less about the same search for freedom continuing in the six counties which make up Northern Ireland.
    Nope, petty squabbles don't interest me in foriegn politics, and anyway I was speaking in regards to the Love Ulster parade taking the **** by walking past what is considered historically to be Republican hallowed ground, you don't even want to know how little I personally care about Dublin City or it's history. With my point I was just saying that this slap in the face by LoveUlster to the Irish will probably be enough to rouse even the most apathetic Irishmen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus
    Nope, petty squabbles don't interest me in foriegn politics, and anyway I was speaking in regards to the Love Ulster parade taking the **** by walking past what is considered historically to be Republican hallowed ground, you don't even want to know how little I personally care about Dublin City or it's history. With my point I was just saying that this slap in the face by LoveUlster to the Irish will probably be enough to rouse even the most apathetic Irishmen
    ...or the thickest. Where's the slap in the face? They want to walk down a street singing some sub-junior cert poetry to raise awareness amongst their own community of how persecuted and hated they are. So just give the fcukin baby it's bottle as regards their wee dander. Just ignore it when it chucks it's rattle out.
    Last edited by Lionel Ritchie; 26/01/2006 at 1:46 PM.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    I'm not even reading your reply, you have no clue
    An intelligent, incisive and well considered response Marksman.

That's it - cover your ears and shout "la, la, la - I'm not listening" when someone who disagrees with you tries to take you up on anything.

Well done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    I wouldn't worry about it Steve, he's chosen not to respond to my question, which means he'll be banned on Friday.

adam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lionel, it's a bit more serious than "sub-junior cert poetry" - this argument has been ongoing for years:

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast Riots Commission, 1857 if you don't mind
    The Orange system seems to us to have no other practical result than as a means of keeping up the Orange festivals, and celebrating them, leading as they do to violence, outrage, religious animosities, hatred between classes and, too often, bloodshed and loss of life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfast Riots Commission, 1864 - things weren't getting any better
    Belfast is liable to periodic disturbances on occasions well known as the Orange anniversaries...If the celebration of these anniversaries be attended with such risk we might well ask why any party should obstinately adhere to it.
    Source for both quotes is Andrew Boyd, "Holy War in Belfast". You'll note that both quotes predate even the notion of Home Rule, let alone that of a united Ireland.

The history of the Orange Order is one of sectarianism, institutionalised discrimination and regular violence against anyone they viewed as "other" (primarily Catholics). Boyd's book is basically a horrific catalogue of those events up to 1968, so it's not as if they are simply a reaction to the Provos' campaign. It's what Orangemen do.

I see no reason to tolerate this institution celebrating its tradition on O'Connell St or anywhere else where their appearance is likely to give offence.
    Revenge for 2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In relation to the Dublin and Monaghan bombings, Paddy McEntee SC is currently conducting an investigation into them. It will be interesting to see if he manages to uncover a trail of evidence leading to where many people have suspected for years that it should logically lead to.

Older readers may remember the Littlejohn brothers.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Asia Times
    Closer to home, the Littlejohn brothers were recruited in 1972 by John Wyman of MI6, who handled a number of agents in Northern Ireland and paid them substantial sums of taxpayers' money to infiltrate the IRA and to act as agent provocateurs, organizing and conducting bank robberies and bomb attacks in the Republic of Ireland. Wyman told them that there was "going to be a policy of political assassination" for which they were to make themselves available. "If I was told about any illegal act before it happened, I would always discuss it with London. I was always told to go ahead," said Kenneth Littlejohn, who went on to claim that the MI6 officer told him, "If there is any shooting, do what you've got to do." .
    http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/EF13Ak03.html

As far as I recall, the Littlejohns were the only agents actually exposed as working for British Military Intelligence (my da's favourite oxymoron, by the way). Logic would suggest that they weren't the only ones, or if they were, they were replaced after being arrested and jailed in Mountjoy. Be that as it may, their (short) career did prove that MI6 was definitely up to no good at the time, and that violent subversion and a "dirty war" / "black propaganda" were acceptable tactics of theirs.

And just for the record, I'm neither a Republican nor a paranoiac.
    Revenge for 2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Nightdub
    Lionel, it's a bit more serious than "sub-junior cert poetry" - this argument has been ongoing for years:

Source for both quotes is Andrew Boyd, "Holy War in Belfast". You'll note that both quotes predate even the notion of Home Rule, let alone that of a united Ireland.

The history of the Orange Order is one of sectarianism, institutionalised discrimination and regular violence against anyone they viewed as "other" (primarily Catholics). Boyd's book is basically a horrific catalogue of those events up to 1968, so it's not as if they are simply a reaction to the Provos' campaign. It's what Orangemen do.

I see no reason to tolerate this institution celebrating its tradition on O'Connell St or anywhere else where their appearance is likely to give offence.
    Why do you keep dragging this back to the OO? While some people involved in the LoveUlster thing are undoubtedly Orangemen and some might even wear their sashes -this isn't an OO parade and even if it was -so what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    OK, let's leave aside the nature of the Orange Order for a moment and talk about FAIR / Love Ulster and Willie Frazer. Let's go on the basis of "by their friends shall ye know them"...OK, how about loyalist paramilitaries, gun-toting US white supremacists and Scottish skinhead Nazis?

According to the Belfast Newsletter (a unionist paper), the launch of Love Ulster involved members of the UDA and UVF. They also reported Frazer / FAIR as saying Love Ulster had no political or paramilitary associations. They can't both be right.
    http://www.victims.org.uk/31-08-05c.htm
    The launch of Love Ulster, with loyalist papers being landed at Larne in a fairly explicit re-enactment of the UVF gun-running in 1912, wasn't just some lame hippy "make tabloids, not war, maaan" stunt - it was a direct throwback to the notion of "if we don't like the way the political wind is blowing, we'll start shooting."

Frazer acted as host to a visit to the north by one Larry Pratt, leader of the Gun Owners Association in the States. You can go off and google him yourselves, but it would appear the G.O.A. are even more extreme than the N.R.A. - on example: following an incident in which a 15-year-old boy in Springfield, Oregon, shot and killed his parents and two students at his school, Pratt responded with a press release headlined, "Lesson of School Shootings: More Guns Needed at Schools." Sirhamish will be more versed than I on where exactly Time Magazine sits on the American political spectrum, but at a guess, I don't think they're exactly calling for all power to the Atlanta soviet.
    http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...,94912,00.html
    Pratt has also admitted sharing a platform in the past with a former KKK leader and an Aryan Nations official - see this article by Susan McKay, northern correspondent of the Sunday Tribune, who wrote a book last year about northern Protestants and who might therefore be expected know her onions about who's who in the loyalist community:
    http://www.nuzhound.com/articles/Sun...IR__SMcKay.php
    You or I might be horrified, but Frazer describes Pratt as "a gentleman":
    http://www.victims.org.uk/kkknonsense.html

There's a Scottish loyalist radio station called Carlton Radio, which regularly carries press releases by FAIR on its website. From the fact that he sends them the releases, it's reasonable to infer that Frazer reckons they're good guys. Carlton Radio organised a protest against the recent Bloody Sunday commemoration march in Glasgow. Pic of the protest attached - I don't think they're just waving hello.

In the light of this, I fail to understand how anyone can think Love Ulster are a harmless bunch who should be let march away to their heart's content?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dr.Nightdub; 28/01/2006 at 1:02 AM.
    Revenge for 2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [If you use a term like "filth" on this forum again, it'll be the last time. --adam]
    Last edited by dahamsta; 28/01/2006 at 8:16 AM.
    "The Derry fans were fantastic in both matches. They sang their hearts out all the time and created an even better atmosphere than the Cup Final. They were brilliant. - David Graham, Gretna striker

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie
    More of it.
    Tell me -are the (Roman Catholic) Knights of Collumbanus or Opus Dei supremacist, undemocratic etc because you have to be RC to join? How about the Catholic Boy Scouts of Ireland? The Orange marches in Donegal, Monaghan, Wicklow (???), Sligo/Leitrim (???) and Cavan make the national press and main news on TV every year. These people -probably Unionist in their outlook to varying degree -are citizens of the Republic of Ireland, break no law and are entitled to do as they wish without having their culture called 'meaningless'.

Keep going though ...Unionisms warming to the state ye'd have them living in.
    One point. The Ancient Order of Hibernians DO NOT march through Loyalist areas with bands playing Anti-British songs or crowds of green clad balaclava wearing people singing " Where's your Empire Now Scum?", Michael Fagan Sha**ed The Queen" Or " Up To our Oxters In Orange Blood"(no such song exists incidentally! ) when that day does dawn if it ever does, then Orangemen would be welcome to march in Dublin. Because that would be real parity of esteem.

As regards your citing of the 'meaningless' quote about culture....If I may quote Sam McAughtry" There is no such thing as British Culture. There is English, Scottish , Welsh etc . My political allegiance would be British but culturally speaking I would be Irish".

Given the level of dwinidling church attendances from both communities in this island, the notion that the divide is religous is either nonsensical or 97% of the population of the Six Counties are the worst hypocrites ever born!
    Last edited by CollegeTillIDie; 28/01/2006 at 10:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Test.
    EDIT: So there really isn't a page six.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Maybe now??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    has this march already happened?
    (dont really want to read thru 6 pages of bile, its given me a headache)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klein4
    has this march already happened?
    (dont really want to read thru 6 pages of bile, its given me a headache)
    No. When it does, you'll probably see photos on the front pages of thickos throwing rocks at other thickos brandishing swords while the Gardaí beat the **** out of everyone in sight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    I've actually lost all interest in this topic and just want to see what the freaky story with the non-existant "page 6" is.

2 more posts I think should give us the answer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie
    I've actually lost all interest in this topic and just want to see what the freaky story with the non-existant "page 6" is.

2 more posts I think should give us the answer
    Yeah, could someone "disappear" it or something???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Test.

*Edit* Aww. It looks like a normal page.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast