Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match Fixing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Exclamation Match Fixing

Pardon me if Im being a little cynical but I have been talking to a number of people over the past few weeks who reckon that the UEFA Cup away leg match against Carmarthen and the hammering away to Finn Harps in the league were both subject to match fixing.

At the start I thought that this was all just pure fabrication but I have been talking to at least 10 people, some of whom who are very close to the clubs board, who reckon that there was something very sinister about these games.

If its true, it would explain a lot....
    we are going up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Some of us GUFC fans thought the same about the cup game in Terryland...........then again Dave Mckeon is just a tosser!
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RockofGibraltar
    Pardon me if Im being a little cynical but I have been talking to a number of people over the past few weeks who reckon that the UEFA Cup away leg match against Carmarthen and the hammering away to Finn Harps in the league were both subject to match fixing.

At the start I thought that this was all just pure fabrication but I have been talking to at least 10 people, some of whom who are very close to the clubs board, who reckon that there was something very sinister about these games.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts

I think you would have heard the Bookmakers squealing like freshly stuck pigs
    if that was the case because they invariably (Bookies)make a big deal if they even sniff a hint of a rat when they get stung (often with-holding payments on winning bets until they're satisfied).

There must have been very little money down on the results of these games so I would think the likelyhood of anything untoward going on to be very slim .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I heard that it was private betting, possibly between both clubs, not betting done in the bookies...

just saying what I heard from different people
    we are going up

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    I have to say that this was my initial reaction to the Carmarthen result, because that result was truly astonishing, particulalry in view of the 2-0 first leg score, but i didnt want to put forward the suggestion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Thats quite an interesting rumour. but what would be the implications for both clubs if its true.... expulsion from Europe (probably not a bad thing in our case) or the league, or a massive fine. For our sakes, it hope its just that, heads will roll if theres any truth in it.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Just to get things straight, Im not suggesting for one second that there was any negligence on any of the forementioned clubs' parts, Im just putting forward a few things that I have heard from different people.

Perhaps its just a rumour started by fans who are still extremely disgruntled about the Welsh debacle, however from the things that have come out recently such as diggers supposed interference in players contracts etc., it wouldnt surprise me for a second if it was true
    we are going up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Just to get things straight, Im not suggesting for one second that there was any negligence on any of the forementioned clubs' parts, Im just putting forward a few things that I have heard from different people.

Perhaps its just a rumour started by fans who are still extremely disgruntled about the Welsh debacle, however from the things that have come out recently such as diggers supposed interference in players contracts etc., it wouldnt surprise me for a second if it was true
    I did hear this rumour about the finn harps game from quite a few people also. Whether there is any truth in it? Well they're not going to admit it to us.
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Its a simple rumour to pass the blame and take focus away from certain people. Its ridiculos, a new low to even suggest it
    If god wanted us to play football in the clouds he would have put grass up there!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallanted
    Its a simple rumour to pass the blame and take focus away from certain people. Its ridiculos, a new low to even suggest it
    Its hard to know though. I mean all these things are coming out now and it seems to be people that are "in the know" that are mentioning it too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    carmarthen result aside,do u not think that it was even a little bit suspicious that we lost 5-0 to the team that was rooted to the premier division for most of if not all of the season, maybe i am being cynical but there seems to be something a bit more sinister to it imo
    we are going up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    I'd say Alan Matthews is a supprter of that rumour anyway, imo Town fans deserve a bit more than that. I'd be gutted to be honest.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    as soc said on ccfc if longord were to throw a match they would probably miss
    save the sheep shaggers bring back beheadings for waherford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by exile
    as soc said on ccfc if longord were to throw a match they would probably miss
    Another wonderful contribution by a cork fan..... boring lads

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Have to say that I also heard that both those matches were fixed but I find it hard to believe. You never know though

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    Another wonderful contribution by a cork fan..... boring lads
    why thank you mlady would you rather prefer i said that your brand of football stinks and even stinks more now that rumours have surfaced
    save the sheep shaggers bring back beheadings for waherford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by exile
    why thank you mlady would you rather prefer i said that your brand of football stinks and even stinks more now that rumours have surfaced
    I suppose at least then, its something you'd have thought of yourself but it gets boring and quite sad to see that you feel the need to repeat your rubbish over and over and over again exile!
    Last edited by Maz; 14/01/2006 at 7:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    The only thing it is is a good cover to hide the fact how bad our tactics were and how bad we played, have a listen to whats been said its out of hand, like half the tripe that has been posted on this message board in the last couple of months. You wouldn't get as much crap on a soap opera. It sicken's me to be honest, where have all the Town Fans passion gone?
    If god wanted us to play football in the clouds he would have put grass up there!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    The only thing it is is a good cover to hide the fact how bad our tactics were and how bad we played, have a listen to whats been said its out of hand, like half the tripe that has been posted on this message board in the last couple of months. You wouldn't get as much crap on a soap opera. It sicken's me to be honest, where have all the Town Fans passion gone?
    Listen mate, I have more passion for the club than you ever will have so dont give me that, Im simply stating a few things which I have heard recently, Im not saying they're true.
    we are going up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast