Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "Cool" bands that actually suck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie
    She's the redish haired one with the slitty eyes of a hardened glue-sniffer who you can picture exactly what she'll look like at 65 already.

Muse are on the cover of Kerrang? Christ. I'm depressed.

Yes they would rate highly both on the "Cool-meter" and the "in sore need of a right kicking" count as well

Girls Alouds songs are less terrible than much of their ilk ...but as an entity they are a dreadful loathsome development. Walsh (-inspired by Watermans treatment of the vile Steps of whom Waterman said "they asked me to make them famous ...rich was never mentioned") has manipulated those girls into downright exploitative contracts.
    That they are willing participants in their own fleecing is worth mentioning but hardly the final word on the matter.

They are reportedly on fixed salaries and are essentially candy-coating on someone elses cake. When I say "reportedly" it's something one of them inadvertently blurted out in an interview some time ago.

Like all pop acts they are what's known in the biz as a 'Cash Cow' -however traditionally the cow got to see a bit more of the cash than I suspect these girls do or ever will. I doubt they have any residual rights once the group runs its course which can't be more than another year or two.

Actually I doubt you'd get an accurate answer if you were to ask any of them what a residual right is.
    So, basically, if the GA end up on the scrap heap in a year or two (agree with you there), they'll have fcuk all to show for it financially.

Talk about exploitation but, then, they must have had some idea that Louis Walsh and co. wouldn't exactly make them millionaires.

I suppose satellite TV shows will be part of their future - mayve QVC or a gambling channel

Funny, the Guardian rock writers gave their latest album 5/5 as did a few other music reviewers. Apparently they rate high on the chavsometer.
    Last edited by hamish; 14/01/2006 at 11:57 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wws
    U2 are fcking sh.t

and this has nothing to do with different people having different musical taste
    just trust me on this they are ars.e cack

outside of their mega stadium multi media boll.ocks i just couldnt imagine anyone listening to their music on its own merits

its contrived pseudo political aural horse manure
    Jesus, get off the fence, would you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    I wouldn't say they "suck" but U2 are certainly over-rated in my opinion.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Risteard
    The Frames are considered cool in this indigneous Whelans popularity merry-go-round aren't they? They get my vote.
    Yooo ha Charlie Thank God someone else hates them. I'd love to smag that smub b@stard Hansen right in the fcuking nose.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anto McC
    Red hot chilli peppers
    The Stone Roses
    First one couldn't agree more.
    The Second one - That's contreversial

Also am I the only person who thinks Oasis are better than the Beatles? (I sense a lynching!) Beatles never wrote a Don't Look Back in Anger. And before anyone goes on about crap lyrics, "I am The Walrus" WTF was that about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die

Also am I the only person who thinks Oasis are better than the Beatles? (I sense a lynching!) Beatles never wrote a Don't Look Back in Anger. And before anyone goes on about crap lyrics, "I am The Walrus" WTF was that about
    Oasis aren't even better than the fcuking Bangles much less the Beatles
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die

please god let this be a wind-up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    ARCTIC MONKEYS-make my ears bleed,knew the second i heard them id loathe them! libertines wannabes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ken foree
    please god let this be a wind-up!
    only to a certain extent

While in no way proclaiming oasis as the world's greatest band I stand by my assertion that the beatle's suck.

Maybe it's my youthful years but i just think their pants to be honest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    it probably is your youthful ears but fair play to ya for sayin what ya think.
    I like the beatles but as for albums give me definitely maybe over any of theirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    The Killers and Foo Fighters for sure are ****
    j'accuse!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    any of the people talkin bout folk albums earlier know anything bout richard thompson? reccomend any of his stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klein4
    any of the people talkin bout folk albums earlier know anything bout richard thompson? reccomend any of his stuff?
    i've seen him live solo and he's very good but don't know his solo albums - i'd rec his fairport convention stuff, first five albums are supposed to be good. out of them i could only *really* recommend "liege and lief" which i have. very good album

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    cheers.fair play. I saw him on the later show that was the precursor to the jools holland one(think the roses had their infamous "amatuers" tv appearance on same show) but he was just like nuthin I ever saw before and kept meaning to check out some of his stuff but never got round to it til recently. I like his kinda faster solo finger picking stuff ( )that I have heard.was kinda lookin for more of the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    cheers.fair play. I saw him on the later show that was the precursor to the jools holland one(think the roses had their infamous "amatuers" tv appearance on same show) but he was just like nuthin I ever saw before and kept meaning to check out some of his stuff but never got round to it til recently. I like his kinda faster solo finger picking stuff ( )that I have heard.was kinda lookin for more of the same.
    yea he seems very technical/adept on either an electric or accoustic. live he was playing the hell out of an electric guitar. aforementioned john fahey has a lovely, rolling finger-picked style, a real master. leo kottke is somewhat in the same mold but i'm not too familiar with his stuff. if you do check out "liege and lief" by fairport, turn the song 'matty groves,' nine minutes long, fantastic.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    He's got a new 5cd box set coming out first week Feb,but I think it would be more suited to somebody thats really into him,it's unrealeased recordings and rare nuggets but on one of the cd's are all his classic songs.Could be a good one alright,I'll get that myself.
    MOT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    thanks again...will deffo look into him a bit..have an album called front parlour ballads and I like 'miss patsy' and 'boys of mutton street' off that. and another album which is more 70s with linda thompson called I want to see the bright lights. few good songs on that as well..cheers

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345