Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: The 2005 foot.ie awards! Voting details here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The 2005 foot.ie awards! Voting details here

Following on from last seasons awards as voted for by the users, here's the 2005 editon. It'll run much the same as last year and the rules are fairly simple.

Voting is to be done like this, copy and paste the nominations from below into an e-mail, fill in your votes and send the e-mail to this address, footieawards@hotmail.com. You MUST include your username in the e-mail and when you have voted put a message in this thread saying you have voted but not who you have voted for. If you haven't done either of these the vote wont count, it's just to prevent people voting twice.

Don't send the votes to me in a PM, this is in case my inbox is full. If you've some kind of problem with the e-mail then you can send them via PM but only then. If you do have to send them via PM, same rules apply as above.

You can vote in whichever categorys you like. This means you can vote in one category, every category or as many as you feel like skipping the ones you don't want to vote in. Obviously not every premier fan is going to know who the first division young player of the year is etc etc

You do not talk about Fight Club.

As a few people have said it I've decided this year to have a rule that you can't vote for your own club in most categorys. There will be a few exceptions to this which I'll mark with a * beside the categorys. It's not ideal but ultimately it is probably better this way. If you do vote for your own club where you're not supposed to that one vote will count as invalid but the rest of your votes will still count. I know a few people will moan about this but a few others seemed to want it too and I do think it's probably for the best.

Voting closes next saturday mid night on the dot. Have your votes in before then, there's no excuse not to. Hopefully I'll have the votes counted and the presentation done by sunday, if not it will be tuesday at the latest.

Sorry to do a long, drawn out and fairly pretentious rule list like that lads, just want to make everything absolutley clear so there's no misunderstandings. Now, here's the categorys....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    EL premier Player of the year
    Div 1 Player of the year
    EL premier Young player of the year
    Div 1 Young player of the year
    Most improved team (Div 1 or eL premier)
    Best manager (Div 1 or eL premier)
    Best Defender (Div 1 or eL premier)
    Best Midfielder (Div 1 or eL premier)
    Best Striker (Div 1 or eL premier)
    Total Donkey of the Season (Div 1 or eL premier)*
    Most Disappointing Performer (Div 1 or eL premier)*

Irish international teams player of the year
    International young player of the year (Based on performances for any of our teams from U21 down)
    Best goal (Can be either eL premier, Div 1 or international and can be down to anything, weather it was a brilliant goal or a significant one, whatever makes it your favourite)*
    Best save (Same as)*
    Best uncapped Irish player*

Hero of 2005 (Again, either eL premier, Div 1 or international)*
    Villian of 2005 (Same as)*
    Best chant (Same)*
    Best Moment of 2005 (Same, can be absolutley any moment that stood out for you for club, country or the eircom league in general)*
    Worst moment of 2005 (As above)*

*Remember, this means that this is a category where you can vote for your own club

Adam/Mods, as this includes the internationals as well as the domestic stuff, if you don't mind I'll post a duplicate of this thread in the international section tomorrow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    My vote is in

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    my jury has also come in with a verdict