Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Pat Devlin Advisor/Scout/Agent/Manager Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This is an absolutely disgraceful situation imo.

This man is a disgrace to Irish football and I hope Rico and Lennox go out of their way to have him severly reprimanded.

The fact that Bray still use this slimeballs services makes me think they don't deserve a place in this league. We saw how they sat back and accepted the Zayed fiasco though so no doubt they'll be quite satisfied with this too!
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Some of the stuff on that is just priceless, just goes to show a lot of the corkies really don't have a clue about anything but there own club.....

I'm 99% sure Devo had nothing to do with any of the players from Cork (who WANTED themselves to leave Cork, O'Flynn just got cold feet and has decided to stick his ya until he plucks up the courage to try further his career, Kearney has made a massive step up and fair play to him for taking the chance) deals because he has his own transfer dealing to cope with at the moment.

Infact, i know that another top eL star wanted Devlin's advise on a big move so he was tied up with that so he would'nt have had time to deal with small time matters like that.

Another thing....... why do people say stuff that they just hae'nt got a clue about ? it just makes them look like the idiots that they are. Zayed fiasco ? what in the name of hell are you talking about ? what Fiasco ? The 8 week loan deal that we did for Zayed made us €100,000 and kept the club running and paid bills. The Wesley Charles deal, aloud us make room for several other players to come into the squad, which played a major part in us staying up and going on our cup run.

The fact that Cork allow players contracts to expire and dont actually know how to deal with this sort of stuff shows how amatur they are off the field. Doyle and Long 1st, then Kearney, and only because O'Flynn got cold feet he would have been off as well and all within the space of a few months ! truely shocking way to run a club
    Last edited by Roo69; 04/01/2006 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Where's the evidence of this by the way?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69
    Infact, i know that another top eL star wanted Devlin's advise on a big move so he was tied up with that so he would'nt have had time to deal with small time matters like that.
    He was trying to ensure he lined his pockets with Jason Byrne's move so?? I'm delighted it fell through in that case!

Roo, weren't you one of the fellas who thought Zayed's move was great business too?? The slimeball can do no wrong in your eyes it seems!
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    He was trying to ensure he lined his pockets with Jason Byrne's move so?? I'm delighted it fell through in that case!

Roo, weren't you one of the fellas who thought Zayed's move was great business too?? The slimeball can do no wrong in your eyes it seems!
    Yeah the Zayed deal was the best part of business any eL club has EVER done, €100,000 for an 8 week loan deal ! If you think anyother club in the eL would turn that kind of cash down then your going mad or are already there ! Part of the deal was that Zayed also signed a brand new contract with us before he went, which he did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah the Zayed deal was the best part of business any eL club has EVER done, €100,000 for an 8 week loan deal ! If you think anyother club in the eL would turn that kind of cash down then your going mad or are already there ! Part of the deal was that Zayed also signed a brand new contract with us before he went, which he did.
    You had no interest in winning the FAI cup then?
    Champions!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    so 100k is the price you put on success.. your a sad little man if all you value is money in the bank over prestige and trophys....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Is that Murphy to Sunderland or Byrne to Djurgarden you're talking about?
    I heard he was stuck in both.

If anything, you're thinly veiled admission that Devlin had his nose stuck in 'advising' a player from another club on a move (Jason Byrne in case anyone is still in doubt) actually adds credence to the claims CCFC fans are making.

Sonmeone acting as manager (or coach or whatever the fcuk he calls himself) with one EL club should absolutely not be allowed to have dealings with a player from any other club.

If he had the decency to admit that he's an agent rather than an advisor it'd actually be illegal for him to do it under the league's own rules. But thenit'd cost money to set yourself up as an agent, wouldn't it?

Most people in the league are wise to Devlin at this stage, defend him all you want, it won't make much difference.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    To me, it depends on when he was acting as an advisor. If Kearney had already decided to move and went looking for help I don't really see the problem. Ditto Jason Byrne (who decided to stay ffs).

tbh, I've more concerns if Devo's working as a scout, rather than advising players already going.

The Zayed deal was great business - €100k (about the same as Doyle) and he only went on loan. Think people need a reality check on that.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by optimus
    so 100k is the price you put on success.. your a sad little man if all you value is money in the bank over prestige and trophys....
    So you telling me that winning the FAI cup and prize money of €25k and being relagated is more important than making our short term financial future safe (€100k) and remaining in the premier division ?

Ask any fan, premier division football or a cup win and relegation.......

Keeping Bray Wanderers FC in the premier and running from a day to day basis is far more important than winning the cup in my eyes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    To me, it depends on when he was acting as an advisor. If Kearney had already decided to move and went looking for help I don't really see the problem. Ditto Jason Byrne (who decided to stay ffs).
    That's true, though I'd heard that he became involved while Kearney was still a CCFC player. For an opposing manager to 'advise' a player on a move during a season stinks.

As does his advising Byrne ffs, regardless of whether Byrne stayed or went, the fact that Devlin was advising a player on a move from Shels to Djurgarden when Bray Wanderers stood to profit directly from the transfer is completely unacceptable and the league should step in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    So you telling me that winning the FAI cup and prize money of €25k and being relagated is more important than making our short term financial future safe (€100k) and remaining in the premier division ?
    The Zayed deal was good business for Bray, but don't try to defend it by claiming that letting Zayed go increased your chances of staying up ffs!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    As does his advising Byrne ffs, regardless of whether Byrne stayed or went, the fact that Devlin was advising a player on a move from Shels to Djurgarden when Bray Wanderers stood to profit directly from the transfer is completely unacceptable and the league should step in.
    An amazing clash of interests although seems Devlin only looks after no.1 so doubt he cares for Bray much...

You only have to substitute the scenario for bigger names in the UK to see how unbelievable this all is.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    An amazing clash of interests although seems Devlin only looks after no.1 so doubt he cares for Bray much...

You only have to substitute the scenario for bigger names in the UK to see how unbelievable this all is.
    Assuming it's true, obviously.

Think some of you need to realise how under hand the eL is in general, with the amount of tapping up that goes on - both by managers and managers using players to do it for them.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Assuming it's true, obviously.

Think some of you need to realise how under hand the eL is in general, with the amount of tapping up that goes on - both by managers and managers using players to do it for them.
    Totally agreed with ya, jesus im sure some of the lads who post on here have been used to tap players up and find out information etc....

This is just another way for Cork fans to moan, nothing strange there then ! They seriously need to sort there own house out 1st before trying to slate other people who they don't know anything about.

And as for Devo not caring about Bray, that is probably one of the dumbest things ive ever seen posted on these boards, answer me this, how many years has Devo been involved with Bray ? how much of his own money has he put into the club ? how much does he take out ? You seriously hav'nt got a fcuking clue what your talking about !

I'm not defending anyone or anything like it, but at least talk the truth or get your facts right before you try and have ago at the man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    This is just another way for Cork fans to moan, nothing strange there then ! They seriously need to sort there own house out 1st before trying to slate other people who they don't know anything about.
    No one's denying that we have our own issues, but if Rico had been behind the Zayed move, there's no way in hell you would be as comfortable with it.

Devlin shouldn't be allowed to act as an advisor or agent for any player within the EL or being considered for approach by an EL club as long as he's associated with Bray. That's the fcuking point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    The fact that Bray still use this slimeballs services makes me think they don't deserve a place in this league.
    Why is it that Cork win the league and their fans suddenly think that a load of other teams should be thrown out?.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In all fairness lads and i think the cork lads have a point, i was up in Belfield the night Pat Devlin introduced Daryl Murphy to that wankstain Mick McCarthy and i saw it with my own eyes, i knew there and then that he was going to pawn off daryl and that we were seeing the last of daryl playing in the EL.
    These so called advisers are destroying the league so just they can line their own pockets, F**KING Parasite that should be put down, i have more respect for a lump of dog crap that is stuck to my shoe tonight.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Lads anyone who knows Devo knows when it comes to money it's his number one baby!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast