Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passing the buck: Dept of Transport style

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partizan
    Well, I'm not surprised from some of the reactions especially from our Corkie friends here especially Pete who just shows his complete and total ambivilence to an ordinary PAYE worker like myself.
    I am an ordinary PAYE worker too.

Secondly, I'm a citizen of this state, I work, I pay my taxes so the least I expect in return is a public transport system which enables ordinary bloke individuals like me who cant afford private transport travel around with some kind of convenience and punctuatlity.
    Your first mistake was expecting a public transport system in this country. Never expect too much from a public monopoly. I'm sure there are numerous private bus services when the trains not running?

What is more shocking is that we are supposedly one of the richest countries in the world, living in an era of unprecedented economic growth and prosperity and yet our basic services (long neglected and starved of investment) are creaking and groaning under the strain.
    I think thats an overworn catchphrase. No chance we richer than US, UK or vast majority of Western Europe.

Why should us, the Irish people put up with this type of mismanagement and sheer incompetence from a ruling establishment that has grown fat on the backs of our ignorance and wallowing in its own arrogance and complacency. Can anyone tell me, in what other Western European country would this Keystone Cop management be tolerated.
    I agree too many public sector unionised employees protecting their own jobs with no accountability.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    Finally for those who think I went about it the wrong way, I simply highlighted a problem, a valid one at that and to be treated like this just sums up my total lack of faith in the system.
    With all due respect Partizan, I don't think you understand the system. Complaining in the way you did might /feel/ right, and maybe it /should/ work that way, but it doesn't. All you did was waste your own time, and the time of someone you pay with your taxes. If you actually want something to happen, rather than just venting your spleen, you have to learn how the system works, and use it properly. Such is life.

adam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Shabby
    With all due respect Partizan, I don't think you understand the system. Complaining in the way you did might /feel/ right, and maybe it /should/ work that way, but it doesn't. All you did was waste your own time, and the time of someone you pay with your taxes. If you actually want something to happen, rather than just venting your spleen, you have to learn how the system works, and use it properly. Such is life.

adam
    At last, the voice of reason in a world gone mad. useful advice which is as much as I can say for the Mary Harney upstairs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12