Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darragh Ryan re-signed for UCD

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Darragh Ryan re-signed for UCD

i can offically confirm it lads...we've re-signed him...theres our replacement for micko
    "float like a butterfly,sting like a bee-his hands cant hit what his eyes cant see!"

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its like the old UCD team back together again. All we need now is Jonnie Martin, Micko and a few others to come back..... Them were the days

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickeyoc
    Its like the old UCD team back together again. All we need now is Jonnie Martin, Micko and a few others to come back..... Them were the days
    well maybe sully and johnny martin THOSE were the days now..sully right back johnny martin right wing.. be great to get those back! dont know about johnny but id say sully is a real possibility wouldnt you?
    "float like a butterfly,sting like a bee-his hands cant hit what his eyes cant see!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    No way are ye getting Johnny Martin back!!!!

Signed a new 2 year contract with us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatejam
    i can offically confirm it lads...we've re-signed him...theres our replacement for micko
    Hmm some evidence would be nice...
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    Daz Ryan a replacement for Micko?! I don't think so...

Micko has signed for Dublin ****ty, incidentally.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    Daz Ryan a replacement for Micko?! I don't think so...

Micko has signed for Dublin ****ty, incidentally.
    well i do think so pineapple,great player is that daz ryan fella,great to see him back..great left full,the solution to our left full problems...i cannot reveal my sources but you will see in good time...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Uhm at this time I haven't found one string of evidence for the Cawley transfer. Granted eleven-a-side haven't updated since before Xmas but Aertel have reported eL transfers since then. Is anyone begining to think he hasn't signed nor won't be signing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Soccer News
    RYAN RESIGNS FOR UCD
    UCD have confirmed that defender
    Darragh Ryan has resigned for the
    eircom League Premier Division side.

Students boss Pete Mahon confirmed that
    the left full back had penned a one
    year deal with the club. Ryan (24), a
    son of former Irish international,
    Brighton and Derby County ace Gerry,
    left UCD for Australia in 2003 and was
    playing in the Northern Conference in
    England last season.

"Darragh has signed a one year contract
    with us and we are delighted to welcome
    him back to the club for the new
    season', Mahon said.

-----------------------------------------------------------

From aertel. Fair play Jam, you've got it right this time. However the fact aertel have reported this further underlines the fact we have not signed Cawley. Lads can you tell me about Ryan? I may have seen him play a few times years ago but don't recall him. Is he an improvement on Micko if you just consider left back v left back? Got pace? Can he get forward? Can he cross? Does he have any positional sense? Slightly funny that Micko left on a holiday to Aus when departing and is now replaced by someone else who went to Aus.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    Soccer News
    From aertel. Fair play Jam, you've got it right this time. However the fact aertel have reported this further underlines the fact we have not signed Cawley. Lads can you tell me about Ryan? I may have seen him play a few times years ago but don't recall him. Is he an improvement on Micko if you just consider left back v left back? Got pace? Can he get forward? Can he cross? Does he have any positional sense? Slightly funny that Micko left on a holiday to Aus when departing and is now replaced by someone else who went to Aus.
    yeah thank you very much lads..and as for the alan cawley shout,he is signed ok,let us say no more about the subject.and as for ryan v mico in the left back spot,darragh ryan excels in every part of his game over micko,just what we need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Jam, if we have signed Cawley then why has it not been announced as Ryan has? There's no reason to be hiding it. It's simply a released player we've signed. Or is there some complication regarding the past complications over the Shels move? Got any more rumours in the pipeline? I'll throw some speculation out. If Longford are in for Arkins does that mean Myler could be available to return? After all it seems returning to Belfield is the theme of transfer speculation and fact this (was going to say summer ) winter.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jam, if we have signed Cawley then why has it not been announced as Ryan has? There's no reason to be hiding it. It's simply a released player we've signed. Or is there some complication regarding the past complications over the Shels move? Got any more rumours in the pipeline? I'll throw some speculation out. If Longford are in for Arkins does that mean Myler could be available to return? After all it seems returning to Belfield is the theme of transfer speculation and fact this (was going to say summer ) winter.
    tbh i dont know why it hasnt come out yet..but i put my life on it,the guy has signed.no more rumors as of yet but i will feed them through when i get them,one thing i can nearly confirm is that robbie martin will not be resigning for us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    I wouldn't lose any sleep over losing Martin. I think he's a sharp enough finisher but he doesn't put himself about well and loses a lot of challenges. I'm hoping though that this won't mean with Martin, Dupuy and Anto Murphy gone that Conan Byrne will make a step up as I feel he's not up to the task. On the other hand if it means Paul Byrne getting a chance then I think he is up to it. It looks certain that McWalter will be a main striker next season if we don't sign up a few. Again Longford are being touted as main suitors for Martin so another reason Myler might come available?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Again Longford are being touted as main suitors for Martin so another reason Myler might come available?
    Ye can have Myler if ye want. Better off without him IMHO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    Jayz Jammy - think you're losing your reputation!!!

Poor Student - Daz played 100 games for us, often at left-wing, but also at left-back. Scored twice overall. He was more of an attacking winger than Micko was, but filled me with dread at left-back. In fact, a section in STIG on issue had a missing notice for the player to fill the Darragh Ryan sized gap at left-full. However, his spell with us mostly coincided with Doolin's reign, when many players underperformed only to vastly improve when Mahon took over (Cawley being the best example, in my opinion).

Daz left us to go back to England (he scored, I think, twice in five games for Brighton in Division Three before signing for us) but after a failed trial with Crawley Town of the Conference (though the supporters rated him well enough when I asked on their forum), he vanished - to Conference North, according to the Aertel report, but I didn't hear anything of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

He was more of an attacking winger than Micko was, but filled me with dread at left-back.
    An improvement on Micko then at least if he can attack! There's several things to consider here. Perhaps he's been signed as a left back, perhaps as a backup left back and backup left winger as we basically had no natural ones last season and are losing some people who played there or perhaps we haven't signed Cawley and he's going to be primary left winger. We've still to get a good look at McEniff to determine if he's first team quality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    I'd imagine he's more likely to play left wing. Like pineapple, I was never really comfortable with him at left back before. More disturbing though was Aertel's headline this morning. 'Ryan to return to Belfield' or something like that. I thought it was Bazza until I read it.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    We've still to get a good look at McEniff to determine if he's first team quality.
    He looked handy enough any time I've seen him play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    According to the Crawley Town forum (whom he left us for), he was last seen with Haywards Heath in the Sussex Badger Ales County League Division Three - step 7 in the non-league pyramid! Average attendance 45, relegated last year... He's on the Player Profiles too! Scored four goals in five games there recently.
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 19/01/2006 at 7:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    the Sussex Badger Ales County League
    What a great league name.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast