Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The American Taliban

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It's not just the protest about that gay bishop that is threatened by The American Taliban.
    The right wingers are really a minority in the Protestant framework in the US but, as the following samples show, their clout is growing.
    Have a read.

Episcopal Newspaper Exposes Rightwing Agencies

http://www.talk2action.org/story/2006/4/28/215850/349

Extract
    The Washington Window, the newspaper of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington has joined a growing number of publications inside and outside mainline Christianity that have published exposes of the efforts of rightist agencies to destabilize the historic mainline Protestant churches in the U.S.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sir Hamish

This is so embarrassing that you actually feel sorry for Bush!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN0IN...page=1&t=t&f=b

and it actually happened, it's not a computer superimposition of Colbert on the dinner, which is what I thought it was.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...050101558.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by REVIP
    Sir Hamish

This is so embarrassing that you actually feel sorry for Bush!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN0IN...page=1&t=t&f=b

and it actually happened, it's not a computer superimposition of Colbert on the dinner, which is what I thought it was.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...050101558.html
    Yeah Revip - saw them on Crooks and Liars, Newshounds and The Information Clearing House but thanks for reminding me.

Have you checked out the Information Clearing House yet. It's absolutely packed with loads of stuff from all corners of the world. China,Trinidad and Tobago, Cuba, right wing sites like Newsmax even , newspapers, videos, Times, Guardian, pieces by independent thinkers etc etc etc etc. Loads of good stuff.
    After Foot.ie, it's my first port of call each day.

Colbert is now getting it hard and heavy from the wingnuts/Fox "News" etc because of his ending up of right wing talk show hosts. Good for him. The best way to redicule the US Taliban and their fellow travellers is to take the p!ss out of them. Bill Maher, John Stewart, Michael Moore and Al Franken are brilliant at it.

More video/text on the latest cr@p from Pat Robertson.
    http://mediamatters.org/items/200605010007
    Last edited by hamish; 02/05/2006 at 2:19 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ok This Second Coming notion is worrying. If JC does return he might send all the Americans to hell for poisoning the planet...
    Two other aspects are this... Armageddon is a valley in Syria!
    And there are those who believe that the Anti-Christ, who will be on the planet when the second coming happens if I remember this stuff correctly, may well have been born on the 6th June 1966, cause 666 is the number of the beast. Well who am I to argue with Iron Maiden?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    Ok This Second Coming notion is worrying. If JC does return he might send all the Americans to hell for poisoning the planet...
    Two other aspects are this... Armageddon is a valley in Syria!
    And there are those who believe that the Anti-Christ, who will be on the planet when the second coming happens if I remember this stuff correctly, may well have been born on the 6th June 1966, cause 666 is the number of the beast. Well who am I to argue with Iron Maiden?
    The History channel had something about this last night and most of it had an actor ("the antichrist" no doubt) in a long black coat wandering down streets and staring "meaningfully" about the place. I can smell these kinds of pseudo-documentaries a mile off. Throw in a few looney tunes from the right wing Evangelicals plus the odd cynic, the inevitable film clips of Hitler, Stalin, Communism, nuclear explosions, Nostradamus pictures and I could have written that sh!te in my sleep.
    Oh, not forgetting the serious background music and tones of the voice-over bloke.
    Cobblers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    666 is the numeric equivalent of Nero, who gave the Christians a hard time - first Century writers were into such stuff. Revelation is an attack on the power of the Roman Empire and on the Jews, who had bucked the Christians out of the synagogues, leaving the Christians with no legal recognition and open to violent persecution.

If Americans would read history sometimes . . .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by REVIP
    666 is the numeric equivalent of Nero, who gave the Christians a hard time - first Century writers were into such stuff. Revelation is an attack on the power of the Roman Empire and on the Jews, who had bucked the Christians out of the synagogues, leaving the Christians with no legal recognition and open to violent persecution.

If Americans would read history sometimes . . .
    That was mentioned in that TV thing I mentioned above - that was the only sensible part of it and should have remembered it.
    Nice one REVIP.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345