Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What happens when we "kick the bucket"?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think that life on earth now is like a qualifier (if your from Wales then ur fcuked ) you get crosses in your life and depending on how you cope with them you get into "heaven" where you dont have to worry about any crosses etc.

Alot of people that have lost someone close believe that they will meet them again and thats what keeps them going, so maybe its not such a bad thing to believe in. If you dont believe in an afterlife then i presume you dont celebrate days like St Patricks Day, St Stephens Day etc as these lads i presume are in "heaven"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Relision is good for giving people something to hope for and be a good person for but when you die you die.

Its so far-fetched that there can be anything else. Where is this heaven? How will we all fit? Where do the ants and other creatures go? What about other religions - surely we can't all by right.

There are way too many questions when science can really prove how we came into being.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree we cant all be right but as a Catholic believe that we have the true religion. I suppose it all comes down to faith its just a pity that we cant post on foot.ie when we all find out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Army Girl
    I agree we cant all be right but as a Catholic believe that we have the true religion.
    Is that not an extremely niaive view GAG? Have you studied all other religions in depth - because without doing so thats a very unfair statement to make.
    I'm sure there's a little Muhammed on the Iran foot.ie claiming that Islam is the one true religion.

There are way too many holes in religion that make it unbelievable for me.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finlma
    Is that not an extremely niaive view GAG? Have you studied all other religions in depth - because without doing so thats a very unfair statement to make.
    I'm sure there's a little Muhammed on the Iran foot.ie claiming that Islam is the one true religion.

There are way too many holes in religion that make it unbelievable for me.
    I was raised believing the true religion was Roman Catholic and thats what i believe if im wrong im wrong but being Catholic is part of who i am and if i didnt believe that i was right then wat would be the point in me saying im a Catholic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was raised believing the true religion was Roman Catholic and thats what i believe if im wrong im wrong but being Catholic is part of who i am and if i didnt believe that i was right then wat would be the point in me saying im a Catholic.
    I was raised believing in Santa Claus and Catholicism- not everything you're told is true. Its up to you to go and find out the truth for yourself.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    If you dont believe in an afterlife then i presume you dont celebrate days like St Patricks Day, St Stephens Day etc as these lads i presume are in "heaven"
    Eh no. You could just think they were good blokes while they were on earth.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    But they wouldnt have been Saints if they hadnt had made it to Heaven and been recognised by the church. As for finding the truth ill say it again i believe that i have found the truth in being a Catholic thats my faith thats what i believe in if i am wrong then thats fine but while im here on earth ill be an Irish Roman Catholic im not asking anyone else to believe in what i believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    But they wouldnt have been Saints if they hadnt had made it to Heaven and been recognised by the church.
    Who can prove they made it to heaven? I'd agree with Macy - I'd celebrate them being good blokes just like Ghandi (who isn't a Catholic).

GAG, just as a matter of interest what do you believe happens to non-Catholics such as Muslims, Buddhists, non-believers like myself and Macy who are good people? Do we get sent to this Catholic hell for being non-believers or does something else happen to us? Just interested in what any staunch Catholics think about this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    I don't even have to believe they were good guys. Could've been scumbags for all I know. I'm still as entitled as any christian to my public holidays and bank holidays.

GAG - as you believe that RC is the 'true faith' how comfortable are you celebrating Paddies day when Patrick was demonstrably a Presbyterian 1100 years before the term even existed? Ignored numerous summons' to Rome, founded churches and moved on each time leaving them entirely autonomous ... that's straightforward presbyterianism. Paddy was a Prod.

Liam -this purgatory you speak of that most popes avoid -how long do you reckon JPII might spend there working off throwing his might behind opposing basic sex education and family planning in the developing world and instructing uneducated impoverished latin american and african kids to "breed for the church"?
    Will he get concurrent time for canonising a young lady who opted for death rather than face the stigma of undergoing a sexual assault? Will he get more concurrent time for canonising at least one copycat?

Heaven? No thanks -I've seen the guestlist and couldn't be arsd with it.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wat annoys me when we talk about religion is that if i say what i believe automatically people think i have something against people with no religion. I think that once you havent murdered someone no matter what your religion is you make it into heaven and the day that you get there you find out what religion was the true one but everyone is allowed in a bit like Club M

And about Paddy being a protestant if you can tell me Jesus God the whole Bible is aload of s*it then who is to say that story about St Patrick isnt.

I knew at some stage the child abuse etc would come into it. The question was do you believe in heaven but i respect your view Lionel but at the end of the day i believe in my religion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    I didn't bring child abuse into anything!!

GAG -let's not fight -it's christmas!!!

Salient point well made about Patrick btw. Toúché

There's an excellent scene in South Park where everyone -and I mean everyone -arrives in hell and many are curious as to why they're there because they belonged to whichever faith. The devil chap with the clipboard clears it up saying " the answer they were looking for upstairs was 'Mormons' ...that answer again 'Mormons' ..." priceless.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie
    I didn't bring child abuse into anything!!

GAG -let's not fight -it's christmas!!!

Salient point well made about Patrick btw. Toúché

There's an excellent scene in South Park where everyone -and I mean everyone -arrives in hell and many are curious as to why they're there because they belonged to whichever faith. The devil chap with the clipboard clears it up saying " the answer they were looking for upstairs was 'Mormons' ...that answer again 'Mormons' ..." priceless.
    I could never fight with you Lionel for a start i love your music and absoultley priceless, Happy CHRISTmas just joking

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    there is no doubt in my mind this is the true relgion

http://www.churchofsatan.com/
    save the sheep shaggers bring back beheadings for waherford

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Every religion believes its the best one as bit like every football fan who supports the best team. Do people really believe everything that was written in the bible or do they just pick the bits they like?

Sure what has religion ever done for us anyway? If you were an alien looking down on the planet you'd probably think the religions were the armys of the planet.

The universe is too big (we are surely only located in some small corner of) to know whats out there. I;d be more inclined to believe in good & bad karma...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    I believe in good and bad Korma.

Now Uncle Bens do a fine Korma
    -St Tescos own brand however is barf in a jar.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    But they wouldnt have been Saints if they hadnt had made it to Heaven and been recognised by the church.
    How do we now they made it to heaven at all?

btw If we don't get to heaven, are we "Lost"?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Ill put it this way folks, you know that you're alive now and there's no way to prove afterlife exisits, so you should make sure that you enjoy life to the full.

Go out, enjoy life, procreate and try not to p!ss others off.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by finlma
    I was raised believing in Santa Claus not everything you're told is true.

Th....th...th...th...there's no Santa Clause????

Ah Jaysus, say it isn't so finlma, please tell us you're kidding.

If there's a Heavan and Hell, then I'm fcuked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    you get crosses in your life and depending on how you cope with them you get into "heaven"

That's John O'Shea fukked so then!
    He's never in his life been able to cope with a cross!
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast