Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Kerr Documentary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Brian Kerr Documentary

It's called "Final Words". Next Tuesday at 10:15pm on RTE 1. Watch it!.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    looking forward to the show.

(ever hear that sketch of him on today fm ? pure funny)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'ill be watchin it myself....in fairness I reckon its gonna fairly pathetic showing from BK. Back tracking, reversing and generally defending himself badly....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    he was useless on the late late show in fairness. weak and pathetic (even though i thought he did alright with the ireland team considering)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onenilgameover
    Back tracking, reversing and generally defending himself badly....
    You talking about Kerr or the Irish team? .
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Think i'll go on the beer that night, listening to Kerr on the Late Late was cringeworthy enough without this giving him a forum to justify himself, when the truth is we all know he was a one trick pony bluffer in way over his head..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Jesus, I can't wait until Kerr proves himself. I'm getting fed up listening to this. He made his mistakes but he had us playing some quality football a lot of the time. Motivational skills was probably his biggest flaw but he'll learn from experience. Gerard Houllier couldn't motivate Mike Tyson yet he's doing really well at Lyon.

People like to use "out of his depth" as an excuse for everything regarding Kerr. Out of his depth means he'd find it hard to handle a few primadonna's an things like that, it doesn't mean his brain decides to go and make some crazy tactical decisions that he wouldn't have made on his way to winning European titles at underage level and league titles with Pats.
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 16/12/2005 at 3:02 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    Jesus, I can't wait until Kerr proves himself. I'm getting fed up listening to this. He made his mistakes but he had us playing some quality football a lot of the time. Motivational skills was probably his biggest flaw but he'll learn from experience. Gerard Houllier couldn't motivate Mike Tyson yet he's doing really well at Lyon.

People like to use "out of his depth" as an excuse for everything regarding Kerr. Out of his depth means he'd find it hard to handle a few pre-Madonna's an things like that, it doesn't mean his brain decides to go and make some crazy tactical decisions that he wouldn't have made on his way to winning European titles at underage level and league titles with Pats.

EB in fairness it seems Kerr could have made every single decision a bad one and you would still back him up....and I don't reckon kerr will ever get a chance to prove himself (not in the way he or yourself might want) and that I reckon is a shame. He deserve's a second chance but no way with Ireland. The ''out of his depth'' stuff i'm not sure about.....at any rate of course it was always gonna be mentioned because of his background..thats the kind of stuff ye just have to put up with untill ye prove that your not ''out of depth''. Kerr I'm sorry to say did not prove himself and this kind of show if it is done in the way I think it will be done ie ''Final Words..........on how everyone else is to blame but me'' will not further Kerr chance of being a sucessful manager again at any level....

and Houllier inherited that Lyon team and he'ill mess it up in time.....Won't be French Champions next year I reckon...
    Last edited by onenilgameover; 16/12/2005 at 2:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by onenilgameover
    EB in fairness it seems Kerr could have made every single decision a bad one and you would still back him up....
    Because he's an excellent manager. I have no reason to be biased. I don't usually make statements like that without using phrases like "in my opinion" after it but I'm certain he'll prove a success.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    859 Posts
    Because he's an excellent manager. I have no reason to be biased. I don't usually make statements like that without using phrases like "in my opinion" after it but I'm certain he'll prove a success.
    what level will he have to drop to in order to get back into the game, do you reckon EB ?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,696 Posts
    pre-Madonna
    That'd be around 1982 then I suppose, give or take a year or two?

"Holiday" was the first one I remember.

Sorry, am in pedantic mode today.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fair enough if that's your opinion but he was anything but excellent with Ireland. I can't see how your opinion hasn't changed looking back on it....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    EB its time you took of your rose-tinted St Pats Glasses and accept facts that Kerr was a deperately poor international manager ( for chrissakes Gary Doherty bailed him out twice) at best he can hope for is a Job with a League one side or assisstant coach at Championship side, but a premiership manager - Ur having a Laff!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88
    That'd be around 1982 then I suppose, give or take a year or two? :

"Holiday" was the first one I remember.

Sorry, am in pedantic mode today.
    I deserved that, silly mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Bites
    EB its time you took of your rose-tinted St Pats Glasses and accept facts that Kerr was a deperately poor international manager ( for chrissakes Gary Doherty bailed him out twice) at best he can hope for is a Job with a League one side or assisstant coach at Championship side, but a premiership manager - Ur having a Laff!!
    I had very little interest in the Eircom league a few years ago. I posted on another forum saying I'm going to take a bit more of an interest in our domestic league. I felt it would be easier if I took a team up to start following and since Pats are the closest team to me I took my nephew with me to Richmond Park a few times since then. By no means would I call myself a Pats fan and I certainly wasn't when Kerr was in charge so there's no rose tinted glasses on me. my interest in Pats is usually a lot bigger at the start of the season than it is at the end. Maybe in a few years I can call myself a fan.

I just hope this site is still up when Kerr proves himself at the top.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Maybe in a few years I can call myself a fan.
    So that explains the plastic pats thing ;;;; very good.
    He made his mistakes but he had us playing some quality football a lot of the time.
    Almost any bog standard manager could have brought the team down to this level and over the course of 18 competitive games could pull out of the hat the odd golden 20 minutes from here and there. It was the most uninspired, unmemorable first 3 years of any manager since.... ... Mick Meagan?
    We will find out more when the next manager has his chance with the team. I hope Kerr can get another profile job and do well with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir
    So that explains the plastic pats thing ;;;; very good.

Almost any bog standard manager could have brought the team down to this level and over the course of 18 competitive games could pull out of the hat the odd golden 20 minutes from here and there. It was the most uninspired, unmemorable first 3 years of any manager since.... ... Mick Meagan?
    We will find out more when the next manager has his chance with the team. I hope Kerr can get another profile job and do well with it.
    It was no worse than McCarthy's start. I'm not going to debate this again as I've done so before. Do a search.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by totalfootball
    Lyon are 12 points clear at the top of the French league, a league which still has 6 teams involved in Europe (England only has 5). They are unbeaten after 18 games. Lyon won their group in the Champions League, finishing 6 points ahead of second placed Real Madrid. Their points total, 16 points, was the joint top amount of points in the CL.

If you were being fair, then instead of claiming that Houllier is going to mess it up, you would admit that he has done extremely well so far.
    Well they just lost 3-1 against Lille at home. The beginning of the end?
    I fully expect them to win the league but they wont hang onto their 12 point lead - less than 5 I would say. He'll eventually destroy them.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Here is the promotion for the show, I 'll have my handkerchief close by.

Brian Kerr's World Cup Story
    A retrospective documentary featuring Brian Kerr in which he discusses the drama of the world cup qualifiers, his dealings with the FAI and the heartbreak of losing his dream job.

The critically acclaimed retrospective series looks back on the World Cup Qualifiers. RTÉ Sport went to great lengths to capture the ups and downs of the teams' journey by filming every game from Paris to Tel Aviv. In-depth interviews with Brian Kerr and several journalists help to paint the picture of this eventful World Cup campaign, and the drama that surrounded it.

Filmed over 18 months, giving an insight into the pressures of one of Irelands most high profile jobs, the documentary will be broadcast on RTÉ One - Tuesday December 20th at 22.15.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    C'mon. He's not a villain that tried to kill all our players. He tried his best and his best was not good enough.

Lets just watch the documentary and see what he has to say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    exactly , i dont agree with the people who say "he was out of his depth" what exactly is "his depth" is it any deeper than micks?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast