Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O'Donoghue murder case - Verdict in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar
    Making reference to Ian Huntley is very irresponsible given that the only similarity between the cases is that young life was taken.
    ok may have not come across as intended! what I meant that to me the Headlock story sounded untrue. my view on this has changed now

You make the assertion that my head is stuck in my hole, but I clearly have a far more objective view that someone with their head stuck in the Sunday World.
    Yeah And there's more Sh!t in the sw

the reason I mentioned the rag was because it did ask some of the questions that I have been asking myself since the start of the trial
    and at the time of the killing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What sentence would be a suitable punishment in this case..

I hope he doesn't get 2 or 3 years and then gets out and its totally forgotten about!!

He still took a life, even though it has been judged as not premeditated he still strangled him till he died and then put Roberts family through hell searching for the body. 8-10 years minimum is deserved IMO

*Off Topic
    Peadar I nominated you for post of the month for this gem
    You make the assertion that my head is stuck in my hole, but I clearly have a far more objective view that someone with their head stuck in the Sunday World.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eire06
    What sentence would be a suitable punishment in this case..

I hope he doesn't get 2 or 3 years and then gets out and its totally forgotten about!!

He still took a life, even though it has been judged as not premeditated he still strangled him till he died and then put Roberts family through hell searching for the body. 8-10 years minimum is deserved IMO

*Off Topic
    Peadar I nominated you for post of the month for this gem

8-10 is about right IMO

yeah I've nominated that too. class! (2nd month in a row I've nominated a post that was ripping the p!ss out of me)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Just passed today's Star in the canteen at Work.

There's two photographs of Wayne O'Donoghue, one from yesterday and the other taken at the time of the search for Robert Hoolahan, the huge tagline is "Two Faced Killer"

I don't by the Star for a very specific reason, I won't be changing my mind now.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    8-10 years minimum is deserved IMO
    Thats a bit harsh. What Padhraic Nally did was much worse IMO and he got 6 years. O'Donoghue has already served 1 year - another year on top of that would be enough punishment I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    I don't by the Star for a very specific reason, I won't be changing my mind now.
    Sure the Star and the Sunday World are the same people, aren't they?
    Says it all really.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finlma
    Thats a bit harsh. What Padhraic Nally did was much worse IMO and he got 6 years. O'Donoghue has already served 1 year - another year on top of that would be enough punishment I think.
    I think Nally should have got much longer than 6 years as well our legal system is far to lenient on people.
    It is a disgrace..
    So your saying 2 years in Jail is an ok sentance for a man who killed a young boy by strangling him!!! Yes it has been found that it was not premeditated but he assulted the boy which resulted in the death of Robert.

This country is gone mad! And you're a prime example, People should be made responsible for their actions and not be alowed to get away with murder/Manslaughter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This country is gone mad! And you're a prime example, People should be made responsible for their actions and not be alowed to get away with murder/Manslaughter
    I'm not that mad Eire06 but what good is keeping O'Donoghue in prison going to do. I think he's learnt his lesson and is not going to re-offend.

As for people being held responsible for their actions I couldn't agree more.A person I know was assaulted and raped on Friday night in Kilkenny (it was mentioned on Crimeline) but I doubt the person who did it will be caught. Seems to be happening a lot around Ireland. Even if they are caught these people don't get long enough sentences.
    Last edited by finlma; 15/12/2005 at 11:14 AM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    finma, just quickly i dont think you should be saying the second part on foot.ie but anyhow.

this country has gone mad in terms of murder/rape, ones a life is gone, another life should too, well the freedom of that life anyhow. i just dont understand it, especially in the case of premeditated murder. i mean these drug dealers/assasins, thats what they are, should never be released, but the reality is the barristers/judges arent living in the same world as we do, they live in the plush nice areas of dublin/cork away from the reality that is modern day ireland. If they were to experience some of these things themselves they would have a completely different view.

if someone is raped and a guy gets 4 years its ridiculous, that woman/man has to live the rest of their lives with this, in fear, emotinally scarred and probably unstable for the rest of their lives. yet this guy gets a new "lease" of life after 4 years, i just cant understand it, especially if its a woman passing sentence on a woman who has been raped. and the judges set the laws, so dont come back saying they can only hand down so much etc because thats what the law states, change the fooken law, its in their hands.

and another thing, concurrency fook that, the biggest joke of all, each sentence should be served separately i.e. additonally
    Last edited by paul_oshea; 15/12/2005 at 10:04 AM.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finlma
    I'm not that mad Eire06 but what good is keeping O'Donoghue in prison going to do. I think he's learnt his lesson and is not going to re-offend.

As for people being held responsible for their actions I couldn't agree more. My sister's best friend was assaulted and raped on Friday night in Kilkenny (it was mentioned on Crimeline) but I doubt the person who did it will be caught. Seems to be happening a lot around Ireland. Even if they are caught these people don't get long enough sentences.
    I think he should pay for what he did and 2 years isn't long enough.. Ya he may have 'learned his lesson' thats fine but he needs to be punished and taking 10 years of his life is a small price to pay for him taking a whole life time from someone else..

Sorry to hear about your sisters friend but try and be hopeful that he will be caught.. There was a very serious assault on a woman in Galway city but the community worked together with the Gardaí and the rapist has been caught and is now in custody awaiting a trial. Hopefully our legal system will lock him up for a very long time (He has admitted his Guilt)....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It is definitely not normal for a kid to be in a neighbour's house at 7:32 am taking pictures of a poster in a bedroom. Was it a sleepover? There was an obvious relationship between Wayne O'Donoghue and the Holohan family, particularly Robert. Given Robert's highlighted conditions, it seemed that one would have needed patience to be with Robert and Wayne O'Donoghue should have known how to deal with Robert better. It was a tragic case that gripped the country, but Wayne IMO should do 12 years. A 21 year old student being close to an 11 year old boy does sound a little creepy, though it was more from Robert looking up to Wayne.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12