Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Mayo U-21

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Mayo U-21

Is there any form in which a Mayo u-21 side could exist in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don
    Cant see it but its a shame, mayo would have very good young talent throughout the county and would have a great side.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

u21 team

Quote Originally Posted by The Don
    course you can as long as you take El duce and his cronies out of the picture what is stopping the clubs in meeting, with setting there own committee up and organise an u-21 or inviting ex members of the league to be involved

Its a pitty that el duce doesn't listen to the clubs veiws or his own LMC,members

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

U21

Its a shame the debacle the u21 mayo team has become. it was an undoubted mistake that players were forced to play for the mayo team instead of their home clubs that have put so much into the development of the player.
    i remeber the mayo u21 team beating galway 6-0 in celtic park and also defeating derry city 2-0 at the same location about 2 years ago when fergie and lar were in charge. Mayo had players better in many positions than the afore mentioned teams, have their careers progressed as well?
    the problem is that players wont travel to games a distance away such as derry. it is unrealistic to say that the players had the appetite to travel such a distance and play a team who were getting paid for their appearance. i feel that expenses should have been paid to players on such occassions. many lads would have had to take a day of work for instance.
    well theres my two pence worth

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down U 21

Quote Originally Posted by biffo
    Its a shame the debacle the u21 mayo team has become. it was an undoubted mistake that players were forced to play for the mayo team instead of their home clubs that have put so much into the development of the player.
    i remeber the mayo u21 team beating galway 6-0 in celtic park and also defeating derry city 2-0 at the same location about 2 years ago when fergie and lar were in charge. Mayo had players better in many positions than the afore mentioned teams, have their careers progressed as well?
    the problem is that players wont travel to games a distance away such as derry. it is unrealistic to say that the players had the appetite to travel such a distance and play a team who were getting paid for their appearance. i feel that expenses should have been paid to players on such occassions. many lads would have had to take a day of work for instance.
    well theres my two pence worth
    I can't understand the mentality of players who do not want to represent the league that provides them with football,This has been going on for the last three years remember the number of times Mayo have travelled with the bare bones of a team.Pay them expences .You must be joking! Compare this to the Oscar Traynor squad, no difficulty with getting seasoned players representing their League or the young players aged 16/17/18 who played for the u 21's in the second half of this season Remember what the Manager has said Saturday nights would see many players withdrawing ....injured!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mayo u21 xi

anyone up for naming their best xi who played for the mayo u21s since the teams eircom league initiation

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    can anyone tell me if a mayo gaa team was playing would there be a club team playing ?
    i doubt it but you can tell be if it does happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renovater
    can anyone tell me if a mayo gaa team was playing would there be a club team playing ?
    i doubt it but you can tell be if it does happen.
    yes it happens sometimes in league matches where they is a clash and the club team would therefore have to play without they county stars, crossmolina badly affected over the years on this.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking straight talk

Quote Originally Posted by swinfordfc
    yes it happens sometimes in league matches where they is a clash and the club team would therefore have to play without they county stars, crossmolina badly affected over the years on this.
    but is it right?
    noted you said league this wouldn't be championship which would beconsidered the flagship.
    i dont think a club in the mayo league would get to upset if a player played in mayo team rather than a div. league cup match?
    but in the mayo league they have r-35 for now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renovater
    but is it right?
    noted you said league this wouldn't be championship which would beconsidered the flagship.
    i dont think a club in the mayo league would get to upset if a player played in mayo team rather than a div. league cup match?
    but in the mayo league they have r-35 for now.
    yes i agreed its not fair on the club for sure and yes it would not happen for chamionship cause it just would not happen simple as that.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Red face straight talk

Quote Originally Posted by swinfordfc
    yes i agreed its not fair on the club for sure and yes it would not happen for chamionship cause it just would not happen simple as that.
    well i agree with you.
    well its about time those who run football in mayo to cop themselfs on
    lets not be a laugh of all football enternity

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question

Surely there dosn't need to be any rush to finish the league,extend the time availablefor league matches, make dates available for under 21 matches (home ones anyway) insist on some sort of fixture timetable from Eircom League. Or am I over simplifying it