Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Stephen Bradley

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stephen Bradley

I noticed a story on the skysports website regarding Drogheda midfielder, Stephen Bradley. Apparently, both Fulham and Reading have offered him trials. Ive been following his career since he went to Arsenal as a sixteen year old. Foot.ie user, JoeSemi rated him highly as a schoolboy. I saw him play for the Ireland under-19s a few years ago and was very impressed with his passing and speed of thought. He seems like the type of player that can go left or right. When he left Arsenal, there was talk that Chris Coleman would sign him for Fulham back then. After his poor spell in Scotland I thought Bradley would fade into obscurity. However, his recent success with the Drogs shows that he has a good attitude. What does anybody else think about a possible return to England for Bradley? I personally think Reading would be a great move for him. Steve Coppell seems to like what he sees in the EL.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    article:
    Drogheda star Stephen Bradley has confirmed that both Fulham and Reading have offered him trials in England.

The former Arsenal trainee is building an impressive reputation in Ireland after being released by The Gunners earlier in his career.

The 21-year-old is currently out of contract with the Irish outfit, and as such has been approached by Premiership outfit Fulham and Championship leaders Reading.

Steve Coppell's Royals have already recruited both Shane Long and Kevin Doyle from across the Irish sea this season, and Bradley confirmed that The Royals, along with Chris Coleman's Fulham, have offered him a trial.

However, the midfielder also insists he is not ready to move to England for the sake of it, especially with European football to look forward to with his current employers.

"Fulham watched me in a recent game against Bohemians and then asked me to go over for a week or two of training," Bradley told The Irish Sun.

"It would allow them to have a look at me and me to have a look at their setup. Reading have made a similar offer.

"I have not spoken to manager Paul Doolin about it yet but I am out of contract as of now so I would be free to go.

"If the right offer comes along I would go, but I don't want to go back just for the sake of going back.

"Drogheda have Uefa Cup football to look forward to and hopefully they can challenge for the league.

"I don't think it would be a good option for me to go to a lower division club."

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    "I don't think it would be a good option for me to go to a lower division club."
    Sounds like he knows what he wants for himself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Refreshing that young Irish players now have that attitude.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Equally refreshing that playing in the eL is an increasingly credible way to get yourself noticed by bigger clubs. Hopefully this trend will continue.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    wasn't he attacked leaving his flat in london and stabbed in the head a few times...couldn't play football for 6 months i think...was always thought highly of as a schoolboy and had utd, arsenal and liverpool chasing him..

hope it works out for the guy as he deffo has the talent
    Bring back the plank

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Strange no one follows his progress while in the eL except when linked with trials to Uk clubs...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    He wasn't given much of a chance at Dunfermline. Started one game and was replaced by Hunt at half time:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4063659.stm

Gifted player and still young enough to make it at the top imo. What sort of contract is Joxer Kelly on? He said he wants to go back to England and if he has no clause in his contract Bohs should get a decent fee.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Joxer Kelly is not short on ability, but what he lacks is temperament. He was sent off twice last season as well as recieving a lot of stupid bookings. He needs to calm down and then I'm sure other clubs would be interested in signing him.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Kelly is ok in short spells but no consistency or patience.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    I have not spoken to manager Paul Doolin about it yet but I am out of contract as of now so I would be free to go.
    He is under 23 so they will get a ( modest ) fee of any future transfer fee ( obviously whoever signs him would then have to sell him ) simply by having spent time at Drogs.