Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Should Gardai search CIA planes landing in Shannon?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, or the Government should at least do something about it

30 85.71%
  • No, take their word for it that no prisoners are moved through Shannon

5 14.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Search CIA planes in Shannon?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Search CIA planes in Shannon?

Should Gardai search CIA planes in Shannon for prisoners / human rights violations?

( For those who have been following the news or who saw Questions & Answers last night ).
    Last edited by Shelsman; 06/12/2005 at 1:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Abso Feckin Loutly
    they shouldn't be there whether they are violating human rights or not
    bertie will be left with egg on his face (not to mention blood on his hands) when some crack pot extremist decides we are a legitimate target.
    I'm not one of these do goody anti war campaigners but I am dead against helping that meglomaniac in the whitehouse in any way shape or form

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yes search the planes because the Americans can't be trusted but don't let Amnesty Interfering tell us what to do either.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelsman
    Should Gardai search CIA planes in Shannon for prisoners / human rights violations?
    Planes? What Planes? Prisoners? Prisoners you say? Good god man, I think you're delirious. Sure there are no planes or prisoners at all in Shannon!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    No,it's none of our buisness and we dont want the kinda of trouble we'll get if we do find something we shouldnt!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Seeing as they shouldn't be let land in the first place, searching them is the least we can do. Prisioners, banned chemical weapons, etc etc.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I voted yes but are we entitled to search a foreign government plane thats just refueling?

I wouldn't trust the US government as they are proven to play with subtleties of language in the past.

When my grandfather was in the army he used to have job of checking USSR planes when they landed in Shannon for nukes - he just walked past with gigacounter
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't know what searching the planes would achieve. If they find a prisoner on the plane how do the gardas know if he's on his way to be tortured or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Student
    I don't know what searching the planes would achieve. If they find a prisoner on the plane how do the gardas know if he's on his way to be tortured or not?
    From what i know, they're not permitted to have prisoners on board at all.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar
    Yes search the planes because the Americans can't be trusted but don't let Amnesty Interfering tell us what to do either.

FFS

I'm a member of Amnesty, Peadar and they fight for the rights of prisoners in ALL countries.........inlcuding US prisoners in foreign goals.

Thank God they exist.

God forbid, but if you ever find yourself in certain Asian countries and tossed in to a jail under false alligations, yeah, the Irish government might raise their arses to help you but Amnesty will stick by you, fund-raise for lawyers for you and get your situation a high profile internationally so that ALL governments cannot ignore your plight.

Do you think this woman would even be alive if it wasn't for Amnesty and other organisations/people of good will fighting her cause?
    http://www.angelfire.com/al/homepageas/ASSKtour.html

First Unions and now Amnesty

Jesus, Peadar.

BTW folks, drop in to Amnesty's shop before Christmas.

Loads of FAIR TRADE products on offer. Help support the peoples in developing countries build up their business and local infrastructure before the new far-righters do even more damage.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/story/1032690.html

http://store.amnesty.ie/shops/shops.htm

The Darjeeling Tea from Amnesty in particular is gorgeous and lads, why not buy a beautiful sarong for your other half. Bubbles has three which she wears during the summer (not all at the same time of course) and she finds them brilliant and they have great ventilation - seriously - ideal for hot Summer weather. They have lovely designs on 'em and are much sensual than poxy little mini skirts. Worth going to the Cambridge Folk Festival alone for.
    You can also get beautiful tops with the most awesome designs and things. Magic and utterly femine.

Here's a good example.

http://www.alohafunwear.com/gallery/...n02/sarong.jpg

Isn't this absolutely beautiful?

If youMUST have mini-skirts, here's a sarong version.
    http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/1worl...aganesha7a.jpg

Now, lads there are all your Christmas presents problems solved and you're doing good at the same time.
    Last edited by hamish; 07/12/2005 at 1:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Block G Raptor
    Abso Feckin Loutly
    they shouldn't be there whether they are violating human rights or not
    bertie will be left with egg on his face (not to mention blood on his hands) when some crack pot extremist decides we are a legitimate target.
    I'm not one of these do goody anti war campaigners but I am dead against helping that meglomaniac in the whitehouse in any way shape or form

Any country that allows it's air-space and airports to move suspected terrorists to places where "coercive interrogation" is allowed is equally guilty IMHO as the US.

"Rendition" is another of these disgusting euphemisms that the US uses to drop suspected terrorists abroad for "coercive interrogation" (euphemism for torture and "torture-light") in the so-called "war" on terror.

Euphemisms right down there with obscenities like "collateral damage".
    I was never a worshipper at the altar of Slick Willy but President Chimpy McFlightsuit and his cronies must be one of the most disgusting, corrupt bunch of slime-balls that ever occupied government in that country.

We know BTW the Bertie and co. will do phuck all to bother the US on anything.

Anyone notice the "fcuk you" attitude by Condoleeza Rice to Dermot Aherne a few days ago when he asked about these flights.

I pray that Patrick Fitzgerald brings these pond-lifers to book and roots the fcukin' lot of them from office.
    Last edited by hamish; 06/12/2005 at 11:35 PM.

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Hamish for Taoiseach! That would be class!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirhamish
    Anyone notice the "fcuk you" attitude by Condoleeza Rice to Dermot Aherne a few days ago when he asked about these flights.

Condoleeza Rice is one seriously tough lady...she came out with that "fcuk you" attitude in various interviews over the last few days...it just goes back to the 9/11 attitude again...you are either "with us or against us" she says..in other words she says "we are guilty of what you are claiming"..

I think in a perfect world we should check the planes and make sure everything is above board...but the problem in the real world is can Ireland afford to create a problem with the USA on these issues?..lets be real in fairness....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedX
    Condoleeza Rice is one seriously tough lady...she came out with that "fcuk you" attitude in various interviews over the last few days...it just goes back to the 9/11 attitude again...you are either "with us or against us" she says..in other words she says "we are guilty of what you are claiming"..

I think in a perfect world we should check the planes and make sure everything is above board...but the problem in the real world is can Ireland afford to create a problem with the USA on these issues?..lets be real in fairness....
    True very true RedX - that's why I said that Bertie and co. will do sweet FA. Remember, a week or so ago, the US Ambassador ticking us off on sililar matters? We don't count to the US and Bertie and co. know that.

During the Katrina horror, Rice was buying three thousand dollar pairs of shoes in NY.

When an African American lady politely asked her why she wasn't concerned and down in NO, she had the woman physically fcuked out of the store and the place sealed off while she continued shopping. She's a sell out, a disappointment in both regime positions she's occupied and has said that she never really related to the civil rights troubles in the 60s when she was a young woman. Nowadays, of course, re. that situation she pays the usual lip service about the rights of African Americans. Fcuking fraud.

What is it about either Irish, African Americans or ANY ethnic/social groupings
    anywhere? Soon as some of us/them get a few rungs up the social or political or business ladder there's a disengagement from their/our people and the problems they suffer.

Rice is a fcuking sellout ...an Aunty Tom so to speak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Tribe
    Hamish for Taoiseach! That would be class!
    I know you jest but isn't the country in a mess enough already?? LOL
    Anyway, I vote Green Party. I'd love to see them become a power broker like the PDs. looks at the benefits the relatively smallish Green Party (Petra Kelly and co) did for Germany regarding environmental laws etc.

Small can be beautiful and effective.

Vote Green Party.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

I know you jest but isn't the country in a mess enough already?? LOL
    Anyway, I vote Green Party. I'd love to see them become a power broker like the PDs. looks at the benefits the relatively smallish Green Party (Petra Kelly and co) did for Germany regarding environmental laws etc.

Small can be beautiful and effective.

Vote Green Party.

Can I expand on your point there Hamish
    a greens/sinn fein coalition of the willing(excuse the pun)
    would really put the shytes up bertie, mcdowell and co.
    Sinn Fein #1
    Greens #2
    fcuk the same old same old party

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Can I expand on your point there Hamish
    a greens/sinn fein coalition of the willing(excuse the pun)
    would really put the shytes up bertie, mcdowell and co.
    Sinn Fein #1
    Greens #2
    fcuk the same old same old party
    Don't know if the Greens would boogey with SF though?? BGR.

Can see bugger all difference between FF, PD and FG either.

Not too keen on the Shinners TBH, no offence, lotta baggage there still.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Don't know if the Greens would boogey with SF though?? BGR.

Can see bugger all difference between FF, PD and FG either.

Not too keen on the Shinners TBH, no offence, lotta baggage there still.
    No the baggage is buried below a few tons of concrete now
    and a member of staff from Ni bank was charged with conspiracy to rob the bank This Morning which weakens McDowells case that it was a PIRA operation(any truth in the rumour that derry city are signing ronaldinho and rooney next season )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Vote Green Party.
    Anywhere where the Greens do manage to get into power (Germany being quite a good example) they quickly abandon their more radical policies and settle down to cosy politics. They're not to be trusted to protect the working man either, some of their economic and tax ideas border on lunacy.

Also, I've generally found Amnesty International to be a group of loud, publicity seeking hypocrites with too much free time who cry rivers over lots of stuff which has absolutely nothing to do with them while ignoring other issues when it suits. (I'm also always going to be very suspicious of any group which claims arch-Hypocrite Sean McBride as a founder member)

Anyway back on topic, preferably I wouldn't have American planes in our airspace but seeing as bertie has us stuck with them then they should definitely be searched. We all know from history just how much the Americans word is worth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    No the baggage is buried below a few tons of concrete now
    and a member of staff from Ni bank was charged with conspiracy to rob the bank This Morning which weakens McDowells case that it was a PIRA operation(any truth in the rumour that derry city are signing ronaldinho and rooney next season )
    LMAO - fair play to you BGR - you alwys raise the old spirits - even on a poxy, wet, cold morning like this. brrrrrrrr

Kinda on the same subject - here's a video of Rice and Powell in 2001 regarding the WMDs.

It's damning and should have been up on evry US TV newtwork over the past few weeks since this controversy has restarted. Saw this on ITN last year. It's only a short piece. Click and watch.

http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/powell-no-wmd.htm

Interesting article about "Freedom Dust" in yesterday's Guardian G2 section by Marina Hyde.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists...659295,00.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast