Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: James Gallagher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

James Gallagher

First of all - well done on your return to the Premier at first go. I'm sorry to see Rovers go down, but to beat them over two legs you certainly deserve to get promoted.

Was reading the match reports and noticed that James Gallagher wasn't playing, that Kennedy was in goal for you. What is the story there? I know he was on loan to you from ourselves so did his loan deal run out before the playoffs began, was he dropped or is he injured?

What kind of season did he have with you? Very good goalkeeper and was unlucky with us this season. Our keeper (who won supporters player of the year) was signed at the start of the season and Jamsie couldn't displace him. AFAIK he is returning to us as he is still under contract. I stand to be corrected though.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    James was on the bench last night, and presented with his medal in the bar at Whitehall afterwards. My understanding is that he contracted 'flu before the (antepenultimate) game in Athlone and failed to recover sufficiently to feature in the play-off series. Slight murmurings circulating that there may have been more to his absence than that, but I'm not fully clued in if so.

James did well for us but was unfairly scapegoated for a costly error against Dundalk during the run-in. He's studying in Donegal, training with Harps and (as far as I'm aware) fully intends to return now that his loan has expired.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.