Thread: Bohemians Accounts published in Sunday Business Post

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bohemians Accounts published in Sunday Business Post

Good morning folks,

My first post but I believe its interesting - especially for all Bohs fans that shelled out 300 nicker to become a member and have access to the clubs true financial position.

Yesterdays Sunday Business Post published a small story detailing a lot of what I regarded as sensitive infomation about Bohs property deal with Albion and there position in terms of debt, curent income, and expenditure.

The bones of it are as follows. (I'm doing this from memory so a few of the figures might be slightly out but the general thrust is accurate)

Income has dropped from 1.3 million last year (03-04 season) to 1 million this year. (04-05)
    Total Expenditire has also been radically reduced by about 400K to 1.3 million (still spending way more than they shold be)
    Expenditure on the first team was roughly 750K
    Total employees was 34 with 27 of these being playing or technical staff.

Albion have made an additional payment of 600K to compensate Bohs for the delay in providing Corporate boxes. This has been used to reduce the clubs debt to 700K.

A new deal has been done with the Mater Hospital for the Car park worth 180k a year.

In amongst all these figures was the usual bumpf about how the club is aiming to maximise revenue from non football related sources etc etc.

All in all an interesting read, also encouraging to see the return of some sort of sanity to Dalymoun in terms of the Albion windfall being used to reduce Debt and expenditure being cut to match income. From the article Id say Bohs are in an OK position financially and in comparison to Shels - who knows (unless your Oily but if rumor is to be believed then Bohs are in a much healthier state than Shels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hate to say we told you so BUT..................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
    Good to hear !

Not Sure if the Shams Lads will like this news !
    who?

what we have always asked is whats their debt? how much do they owwe the revenue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
    Look dont want to get involved but their has been a lots of comments and sly digs made towards Bohs Financial State by Shams fans over the last while which i thought at the time were unfair and this would seem to be prove that !

Anyway this article goes a long with to answering any question you or anybody else has !
    who are shams?

we were commenting on their debt, specifically to the revenue, which is not addressed in the article.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good for bohs and the league, it means unless ollie comes up with €180k a year why would bohs be arsed letting him in on their patch, when they'll have a refurbished and a new stand, a cash cow on connaught st. and just the shed end in need of doing up, which would probably cost €2.0m allowing for demolition, what with 70% fubnding I can't see bohs being foolish enough to gie it up.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverstillidie
    who are shams?

we were commenting on their debt, specifically to the revenue, which is not addressed in the article.
    Whatever it is, rest assured we are paying more than "a nominal percentage" of it.
    ONE CITY, ONE TEAM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    are you though? are you really?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    are you still here **** stirring and speculating on another Bohs thread?

the revenue will get to the likes of Shels, Longford and Cork one day

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I'd be surprised if they aren't - just the same as youse wouldn't have got away with it if you had an asset that could be stripped to pay them off. Bohs creditors in a much stronger position than yours were.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So the main thrust of the article is that Bohs aren't financially as badly off as rumour had intimated.
    Yet everyone is prepared to believe Shels are in financial trouble, without a shred of evidence to support that!
    People look at our gates (which aren't as bad as peoplke make out) and look at the squad and say it doesn't add up, without taking into account fundraising and sponsorship. And most of our "expensively assembled" squad was, in fact acquired for nothing.
    No Elvis, Beatles or the Rolling Stones
    In 1977

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sheliban
    And most of our "expensively assembled" squad was, in fact acquired for nothing.
    Transfer fees might not have been paid, but signing on fees certainly were.
    ONE CITY, ONE TEAM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    who are shams?
    shams = Shamrock Rovers ... thought you'd know that
    Last edited by A face; 20/02/2006 at 3:21 PM.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Love all the rovers fan's coming on here with there snide remarks about the revenue et al. People who live in glasshouses (or municipal stadia) shouldn't throw stones. when will you idiots learn that is why you are the most hated fans in the country
    Last edited by A face; 20/02/2006 at 10:32 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So the main thrust of the article is that Bohs aren't financially as badly off as rumour had intimated.
    Yet everyone is prepared to believe Shels are in financial trouble, without a shred of evidence to support that!
    People look at our gates (which aren't as bad as peoplke make out) and look at the squad and say it doesn't add up, without taking into account fundraising and sponsorship. And most of our "expensively assembled" squad was, in fact acquired for nothing.

well can you prove that shels arent in financial trouble? Have you seen any acounts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Block G Raptor
    Love all the rovers fan's coming on here with there snide remarks about the revenue et al. People who live in glasshouses (or municipal stadia) souldn't throw stones. when will you idiots learn that is why you are the most hated fans in the country
    hit a nerve, did i?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    who?

what we have always asked is whats their debt? how much do they owwe the revenue?
    Since you are so curious and to put you out of your misery, we owe the revenue a lot of money, we have repaid a certain sum and have to repay the remainder in full over the next couple of years. I won't go into figures but unlike other clubs we will be paying our debts in full, eventually.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chippie0001
    Since you are so curious and to put you out of your misery, we owe the revenue a lot of money, we have repaid a certain sum and have to repay the remainder in full over the next couple of years. I won't go into figures but unlike other clubs we will be paying our debts in full, eventually.

Bah thats a crap way to do it, how about lie, cheat and deceive the league and revenue, get given a stadium and then pay a euro a week to the revenue for the next 100 years or so. Its what all the kool kids are doing.

Oh and then come and boast about how kool your club is and how your the best run candyfloss stand in the circus.

Btw nice to see a club show there true financial state rather than hide behind "other" fundraising schemes.

kdjac

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Just one question, are the monies owed to the revenue included in the reduced debt of 700k?

One thing i have to say is very commendable, the use of the 600k being used to reduce the overall debts, considering the fact bohs have fallen behind in the league recently it would have been easy given the history of the league & clubs all to willingness to spend spend spend to invest that money in strengthening the squad, in turn taking a massive gamble on the clubs future financial status! As pointed out above, sitting on an asset like Dalymount though means Bohs dont have the factors allowing them to be flexible in their debt management, hence this beinga very prudent call indeed!

Personally despite all the usual 'banter' between rovers & bohs i think its great to see them getting their house in order, as Thomas said above, sort out the rest of Dalymount over time & the clubs should be financially stable for some time to come! Oh and ideally without Shels having any say!

Koh
    Thomas Davis have said they will be the last man standing, they were WRONG!!

SRFC will NEVER die!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohs til i die
    well can you prove that shels arent in financial trouble? Have you seen any acounts?
    No I haven't - we could be millions in debt, we could be millions in the black. Thats the whole point. Ollie doesn't tend to bandy about our financial details, yet people are prepared to believe "the rumour"

Which, as at Bohs, may well turn out to be somewhat exaggerated.
    No Elvis, Beatles or the Rolling Stones
    In 1977

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    No I haven't - we could be millions in debt, we could be millions in the black. Thats the whole point. Ollie doesn't tend to bandy about our financial details, yet people are prepared to believe "the rumour"
    People look at the squad and don't see how it's being paid for - as we all know how things work at our own clubs. There has to be serious debt being incurred or you have a major windfall that are using to pay for the team. People aren't prepared to accept that players are turning down more money elsewhere to play for shels. Infact the only one's that refuse to even question where the money is coming from and how it's being paid are the Shels fans. To me this would be the most concerning aspect if I were a Shels fan - the unquestioning loyalty to Ollie. Setting yourselves up for a fall big time, and this only 2 years since he was going around with a begging bowl close season as you couldn't meet the then wage demands.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast