Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jack Charlton

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have to say I think Stapleton always comes accross well in these things. he suffers a lot from being lampooned by barry murphy on apres match.I dont really like him as a commentator but he is far from the idiot of popular imagination. I thought he came accross really well on the programme that was on one time about the four who went to Arsenal in the 70s. was called whos that standing next to Larry(?) Murphy.cant remember the exact name..

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    Johnny. Greystones & Ireland international rugby full-back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    frank was very very nervous when he first started punditing. i'll always remember himself and that lad from tv3 sitting in a jaccuzzi in malta before our 2-3 win over there some years back. couldnt string 2 words together but is easy to listen to now i think.

far better than niall "everyone is super" quinn.
    I

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormin Normin
    I've watched the DVD and think some of you are missing the point. My take on the DVD is that it is more an attempt to assess the Charlton era and its impact since than just showing clips of games etc.
    That's a good point. However, the fan doesn't really want an in-depth analysis of the meaning of the Charlton Years or a 5 minute spiel on the meeting with the Holy Fatter. All old hat. We want goals, incidents, post match interviews and then some more...

I heard Eoin Hand having another go at Jack on the radio this am. Eoin really resents the success of the Charlton years and believes it should all have been his, forgetting that in his final campaign we came last in our group and got stuffed by the Danes 1-4 at home in front of 14,000, many of whom booed the team at the end. Some close shots prior to that under Eoin but he should lose the chip on the shoulder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klein4
    was called whos that standing next to Larry(?) Murphy..
    It's called "Who’s That Standing Beside John Murphy?."
    Made by Tyrone Productions, I think it was part of the True Lives series on RTÉ.
    jbyrne on here gave me a lend of it on video about 4 years ago.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    I uploaded the 'Charlton Years' documentary people were talking about earlier in this thread to YouTube over the past day or two. Just thought I'd share it here as well as the "Ireland on YouTube" thread for anyone interested. It's just over an hour and a half long and is split into eight videos. It features a decent bit of footage from qualifiers as well as finals, along with interviews with Charlton himself, a few players and inputs from Giles and Dunphy here and there.

Part 1:

The links to the follow-up videos 2-8 can be accessed in the video description section, or this playlist will just play all eight videos through automatically: http://www.youtube.com/user/CuChoile...9944BD0EB5FF4D

I've also segmented some of the games from the documentary footage into separate videos dedicated to each match and uploaded them here for easier access to highlights from the documentary of a specific game: http://www.youtube.com/user/CuChoile...ature=mhee#g/u

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I'll just have to rely on the video collection I have of all of Ireland's World Cup finals games (except Egypt) from when they were originally played.
    You wouldn't have the RTÉ coverage (including build-up) of the Italy match at the 1994 World Cup, by any chance, or have some way of uploading it if you do?

7. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    You wouldn't have the RTÉ coverage (including build-up) of the Italy match at the 1994 World Cup, by any chance, or have some way of uploading it if you do?
    All I have is the recording off "World Cup Gold" on TG4. I'll check, but I think it more or less starts with a 30-second intro from Packie Bonner followed by straight into kick-off.

(Actually, I don't know why I said I had the games from when they were actually played. All I have is Mexico, Norway and Holland from '94 from when they were actually played cos I was on holidays at the time and the neighbour recorded them. Italia 90 and the Italy game are all from World Cup Gold)

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    I uploaded the 'Charlton Years' documentary people were talking about earlier in this thread to YouTube over the past day or two. Just thought I'd share it here as well as the "Ireland on YouTube" thread for anyone interested. It's just over an hour and a half long and is split into eight videos. It features a decent bit of footage from qualifiers as well as finals, along with interviews with Charlton himself, a few players and inputs from Giles and Dunphy here and there.

Part 1:

The links to the follow-up videos 2-8 can be accessed in the video description section, or this playlist will just play all eight videos through automatically: http://www.youtube.com/user/CuChoile...9944BD0EB5FF4D

I've also segmented some of the games from the documentary footage into separate videos dedicated to each match and uploaded them here for easier access to highlights from the documentary of a specific game: http://www.youtube.com/user/CuChoile...ature=mhee#g/u

I know they need to try and make advertising money per clip but its a pity a rival woudln't come like google videos and allow you upload in parts and then reattach together....
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Google owns Youtube Paul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    All I have is the recording off "World Cup Gold" on TG4. I'll check, but I think it more or less starts with a 30-second intro from Packie Bonner followed by straight into kick-off.

(Actually, I don't know why I said I had the games from when they were actually played. All I have is Mexico, Norway and Holland from '94 from when they were actually played cos I was on holidays at the time and the neighbour recorded them. Italia 90 and the Italy game are all from World Cup Gold)
    I see. Not to worry. Cheers anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    have to be honest after seeing the thread so high up I expected the worst.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    have to be honest after seeing the thread so high up I expected the worst.
    That did actually concern me once I realised the possibility of people jumping to such a conclusion upon seeing it after posting. I should apologise for any shock or anxiety caused.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Did the same earlier. Feck ya Danny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    No worries Danny, didn't mean to put you under any pressure.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

16. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12