Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: I will not manage after United - Fergie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

I will not manage after United - Fergie

Alex Ferguson has again insisted he will quit management for good when he leaves Manchester United.

The long-serving Old Trafford chief is under intense pressure following Tuesday’s Champions League draw with Villarreal, which leaves the Red Devils needing to win their final match against Benfica to guarantee a place in the knock-out stage.

With United also 10 points adrift of Premiership leaders Chelsea and under financial strain following Vodafone’s decision to end their £9million-a-year shirt sponsorship deal two years early, there have been suggestions Ferguson could leave the club he first joined in 1986.

Speculation has now surfaced that Glasgow Rangers – Ferguson’s first love and the club where he spent three years as a player in the late 1960s – could approach the 63-year-old as a replacement for current boss Alex McLeish.

However, Ferguson has dismissed such talk out of hand and re-stated his desire for his current job to be his last.

“I have said it many times, when I leave Manchester United that is it,” Ferguson told BBC News 24.

“I do not need to comment on the Rangers story – I am not interested in the job one bit.”

Ferguson moved onto a one-year rolling contract last summer after turning his back on well-publicised retirement plans in 2002.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/11/24/story231879.html
    -----------------------------------------
    That's because yer not good enough to manage anyone and nobody would want you anyway, you complete waste of space!!
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Ehmm Sligoman i think its flagrantly obvious to anyone with half a brain that the man can manage and quite a few teams would want him to manage their team!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo
    Ehmm Sligoman i think its flagrantly obvious to anyone with half a brain that the man can manage and quite a few teams would want him to manage their team!
    Ok, I was probably over critical there but the man has lost the plot this season. He should have retired a few seasons ago while he was still regarded as a "legend"
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Fair enough . but i suppose football managment is addictive and you always think you have one more glory day left.