Celtic captain Neil Lennon has bought shares in the club to help fund a new training academy.
"Celtic have been very good to me the past five years and, as a supporter, long after I've left, at least I'll have put a bit back in," said Lennon.

"This is an opportunity I never had before. It's just a small investment but I think it is really worthwhile.

"When it's finished (the academy) it will be something to be proud of and it will match anything in Britain."

Majority shareholder Dermot Desmond offered to underwrite a £15m share issue up to £10m to aid the building of the centre in Lennoxtown.

But following Wednesday's extraordinary general meeting, shareholders in the club approved the issuing of 50 million new ordinary shares.

"We're already seeing the benefits from the current crop of young players, who are coming through," added Lennon.

"And it will be great to see in the future, maybe, five or six homegrown players working their way through the ranks and into the first-team squad and, hopefully, playing on a regular basis.

"It will open the doors for not only more Scottish kids but more Irish kids as well.

"For example, Shaun Maloney has been part of the squad for about four years now and you're looking at the likes of Stephen McManus who has come in this season and is a regular now.

"Ross Wallace is knocking on the door as well and Craig Beattie, before he got injured, was an integral part of the squad.

"It keeps us young - the older boys - and keeps us on our toes."