Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season Ticket Holders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Don't know where you got that figure. City would have minimum 500 season ticket holders. I'd expect numbers to increase a lot for next season.

If upper half of the stand holders 800 & about at very minimum half that is reserved seating i.e. season ticket holders. This does not include ground season ticket holders for people in the sehd etc...
    Think it was Lennox or Feeney said (almost certain) 100 in the last programme.
    Said they were making a big push to increase it.

Pete, its definately less than half of the upper part of the stand. You've got the family enclosure and the same length again and that on the other side aswell.
    So upper stand minus 4xFamily enclosure is just the space in and around the media rooms and the tunnel and thats mainly media, directors, opposing directors and players i'd imagine.
    Having said that i'd imagine a lot o the regulars who are season-ticket holders wouldn't go near Donie Forde.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Don't know where you got that figure. City would have minimum 500 season ticket holders. I'd expect numbers to increase a lot for next season.

If upper half of the stand holders 800 & about at very minimum half that is reserved seating i.e. season ticket holders. This does not include ground season ticket holders for people in the shed etc...
    Ya, dunno where you got 100 from there would be way more than that, have you ever seen the top half of the main stand? And they are the more expencive tickets!

As City are prob the cheapest club to pay in at the gate, there isnt as much pressure to get a season ticket, its main advantage is that you dont have to queue up before games to buy your ticket. At €190 for unreserved seating, thats a bargain though for what you get out of it and especially if you compare how much it would cost to go to England to see a Premiership game
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Will check the Derry programme there when i get home to see what it said.

It'd be funny to post a full retraction.
    Ha.
    The truth will out.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Last years Platinum season ticket for City was a very good deal. Cost €310, and if I'm correct in my calculations it would have cost €399 at the gate (I could be wrong with that figure but it's around that mark). Then again last year was possibly an exception with four cup games, two league cup games, three UEFA games and the Hibs friendly. Next year there's an extra Setanta game but could obviously only end up with one European game, no league cup games and FAI cup games now gone.
    They say what about the meek?
    I say they’ve got a bloody cheek

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Family section in the cross is only 1 section of the stand. I know there are VIp tickets 'n stuff but at very minimum there are 2 full sections of seated season ticket holders.

Layout for stand

I know not all those reserved seats will be taken but I still can't see how Lennox would say only 100 people.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    *cough * cough,
    limbering up.
    From time to time, despite my best endeavours, my research is not always at the high standards . . . . . . . . .
    Anyone have a programme at hand to check?
    I think it might have been Noelle said it.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Rogue Trader- Galway have a large amount of season ticket holders because they have a very attractive scheme where loads of vouchers for local businesses are given away with the very cheap season tickets. It makes sense for people to buy them even if they just go to the odd game. It's a very impressive set-up that other clubs should take a serious look at.

As for Cork, I think one of the main reasons that there aren't as many season ticket holders as there might be is that such an incredible proportion of the crowd pay in as U16's. I was on the gate for the cup match earlier this year and was astonished, not so much that so many people did this, but Cork turn a blind eye to it. seriously, there was a lot of people closer to 30 than 16! Therefore a season ticket wouldn't make any sense at all when you're saving €7 a game as it is.

Harps terrace ticket is €150 a season. Not much of a saving but it's great not having to queue up. Not sure how many people have them, maybe 150, but that's a total guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krstic
    All I asked for was the opportunity to at least compete with other season tickets holders for "A" ticket.
    Season ticket holders were not given that opportunity.
    No tickets,from Derry's allocation, went on general sale.
    Fair enough, I totally agree that season ticket holders should have first refusal if there are tickets available. Where did all Derry's tickets end up so?
    Foot.ie's entire existence is predicated on the average idiot's inability to ignore other idiots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac
    Fair enough, I totally agree that season ticket holders should have first refusal if there are tickets available. Where did all Derry's tickets end up so?
    Players,sponsors,officials and volunteers.
    I think some also went to affiliated supporters clubs.

Very disappointed ,it's the first major Derry City game I've missed in 20 years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
    Terry in all fairness mate you boys only have an average crowd of 500 odd or so and you are saying you have a season ticket holders which amount to 500 adults alone ! If that was the case you would have nobody basically paying in and not all the serason ticket holders going to matches ! I think you need to recheck your figure !

My figures are correct. Not all season ticket holders attend all matches. Im a season ticket holder and I only made it to half of the home games this season! In galway the supporters dont buy the tickets so they get a discount, they buy the tickets to give money up front to the club. If I thought I wouldn't make a single game next season I would still buy my ticket and support the club I love.

GUFC til I die.
    Last edited by Terry; 25/11/2005 at 2:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Players,sponsors,officials and volunteers.
    I think some also went to affiliated supporters clubs.
    Well i can tell you this.
    They did ye proud.

My sympathies nonetheless.
    To not miss a game in twenty years,you'd think enough people would know to look after ya.
    Did ya come down anyway?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Risteard
    Well i can tell you this.
    They did ye proud.

My sympathies nonetheless.
    To not miss a game in twenty years,you'd think enough people would know to look after ya.
    Did ya come down anyway?
    No, I had a bit of a house party instead, which turned into a wake after you lot beat us.

I thought I had 2 tickets a few days before, but even at that i had promised them to my Da and Uncle(they'd booked a long weekend in Cork months previous with wives so they were going even if it wasn't a decider)
    but those tickets didn't appear.

Eventually to Derry City's credit my Da got sorted (he had to drive to the team hotel on the Friday afternoon) but the whole thing has left a nasty taste.

Won't stop me supporting the team, and in all honesty the guys running the club are doing an amazing job.

So I'm going to stop whinging about it.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    I think UCD have 100-200 or so.

But it's a fairly meaningless comparison. My office has a Bray Wanderers season ticket because we're a corporate supporter (and of course I forgot to bring it for both of our games...). I'd say a lot of corporate season tickets are given out and would be included in a club's figure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    No, I had a bit of a house party instead, which turned into a wake after you lot beat us.

I thought I had 2 tickets a few days before, but even at that i had promised them to my Da and Uncle(they'd booked a long weekend in Cork months previous with wives so they were going even if it wasn't a decider)
    but those tickets didn't appear.

Eventually to Derry City's credit my Da got sorted (he had to drive to the team hotel on the Friday afternoon) but the whole thing has left a nasty taste.

Won't stop me supporting the team, and in all honesty the guys running the club are doing an amazing job.

So I'm going to stop whinging about it.
    You'd have gotten in alright but tis spilt milk.
    Roddy and yer board do seem like they're doing a decent job.
    Just like Lennox.
    Tell Roddy i'm sorry for dancing in front of him but he deserved it for his abuse of Georgie.
    Its Cork City who screwed ye over so like i said sympathies but i'd have done the same thing myself if i was lennox. He had to look after number 1 for the day thats in it. I pray for another title decider in the Brandywell next november.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Well Steve, call me stupid if you like but I cannot see why a season ticket holder would have an automatic right to "hard-to-get" home tickets, yet no rights at all to "hard-to-get" away tickets.

I'm still confused
    Clubs have total control over tickets for home games, and therefore set whatever ticketing policies they want. Most would give priority to season ticket holders.

For away games, clubs have NO such control. Therfore - if they find themselves in receipt of less away tickets than the number of season ticket-holders they have, then season ticket holders will obviously miss out.

I assume by your reference to 'no rights to away tickets' that you're talking about the recent Cork v City game ? Well some season ticket-holders did get tickets - purely or primarily by virtue of the fact that they were (I didn't get one through that route, by the way)

The club were in an impossible situation regarding tickets for that game, and whilst it could've been handled better it's ground that has been gone over plenty of times already. I'd suggest stuff like this would be more appropriate for the DCFC forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Any chance of this thread going back on topic?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So it is companies mainly buying tickets through your promotion scheme ? I mean no offence but surely there is not 500 nutters like yourself Terry Who buy season tickets and dont go to matches i can understand Companies alright !
    No Rogue Trader there is.The 2006launch is on Tuesday in the radisson.It's a massive thing and loads do buy the tickets as there marketed really well.Alot head to the 1st game of the season and then decide that's their pilgrimage to Terryland for the year!
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So it is companies mainly buying tickets through your promotion scheme ? I mean no offence but surely there is not 500 nutters like yourself Terry Who buy season tickets and dont go to matches i can understand Companies alright !
    No Rogue Trader there is.The 20006launch is on Tuesday in the radisson.It's a massive thing and loads do buy the tickets as there marketed really well.Alot head to the 1st game of the season and then decide that's their pilgrimage to Terryland for the year!
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Offical season ticket holder total is

468 (for breakdown see Galway forum).

This is a decrease on the 2004 figure, but with an earlier launch (next week) we hope to get it over the 500 figure for 2006.

PD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12