Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelly linked with Celtic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kelly linked with Celtic

Young Stephen Kelly is being linked with a £600,000 move to Celtic according to one of the tabloids over here (think it was the Scum). Apparently the top scout, Ray Clarke was at WHL on Monday night for a reserve game to see him in action.

Could be just idle speculation but any move would be good for him at this stage of his career as Stalteri has the right full position nailed and the same with Korean boy on the opposite flank.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    600k is a snip if you ask me

he was one of spurs best players in the run in last season and then jol dropped him for the new signing as soon as he got the chance. i thought it was very unfair on him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    jol is a nob. that is all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Heard West Ham and Crystal Palace were interested in signing him.
    Always look on the bright side of life

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    he should stay where he is, he's a great young player, he'll get his chance. cant understand that everytime an irish player aint getting his game, ye say he should move on, same with robbie and ried at tottenham if they're good enough, well prove it. on the robbie topic,robbie just aint as good as defoe, if he moves it will be to a lower club which is a shame because it looks like he aint good enough for a top 4 club.
    kelly is on the bench because of a proven international, who's been playing at the better end of the bundesliga and the champions league. what spurs needed was some experiance hence he's demoted to the bench.
    "jol is a nob" yeah good one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blaa61
    on the robbie topic,robbie just aint as good as defoe
    Maybe I'm biased but I don't believe that. Keane may be frustrating but he scores just as much as Defoe and Defoe is an out and out goalscorer. If Keane played as much as Defoe this season he'd have easily scored more than Defoe has. Keane may miss sitters but he'll always have a better shots/goal ratio than Defoe. He just doesn't shoot half as much as he spents so much time away from the box.

On Reid, Jol may want his wingers beating their men but I'm sure Mourinho would prefer a Reid type player. He was very effective defensively for Spurs when he played this season and I'm sure saved them conceding a few goals, just as good as Duff in that department. I still don't think Reid's a winger though.
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 17/11/2005 at 7:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blaa61
    "jol is a nob" yeah good one
    wasnt it though
    I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    first team football is far better than any wage to sit on the bench for spurs. Jol mustnt like the irish over there.

Robbie isnt as good as Defoe FACT. Reid is overweight and should look for another club FACT. And young kelly would do well to get a regular first team football at the Celtic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lads the job of Martin Jol is to get Spurs to be doing as well as they can. It is not to develop Irish players or look out for Irish interests. It is frustrating for the players that they are out of the team, however Reid is missing out to Davids . Davids has been top class this season. Stephen Reid is missing out to Stalteiri an experience right back who has Champions League experience. The only dodgy call is Defoe for Keane and that is one that can go either way. I do think that Keane deserves his chance now though as Defoe has not been scoring the goals.
    Last edited by NeilMcD; 17/11/2005 at 9:25 AM.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    reid seems to have the same blubber related problems as richie dunne but then he is a winger so its more of a problem for him-who has his place anyway for spurs-that guy lennon plays on the right.
    feel sorry for robbie but he hasnt nailed down a first team place since coventry and that says a lot about his standard i guess.
    I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its a pity that 3 of our better players find themselves out of favour at Spurs at a time when they seem to be finally moving in right direction as a club.
    would like to see them stay and fight for their places as spurs seems to be a good club to be at at the mo. Jol seems to be a good manager who obviously holds a lot of clout in holland if he can get davids and if there is any truth in the robben link. the only club I would like to see keane go to is celtic. think if he got a run of games and a run of goals behind him he would be a big success up there...altho that would be the case anywhere... but he is more likely to get goals in scotland...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klein4
    its a pity that 3 of our better players find themselves out of favour at Spurs at a time when they seem to be finally moving in right direction as a club.
    would like to see them stay and fight for their places as spurs seems to be a good club to be at at the mo. Jol seems to be a good manager who obviously holds a lot of clout in holland if he can get davids and if there is any truth in the robben link. the only club I would like to see keane go to is celtic. think if he got a run of games and a run of goals behind him he would be a big success up there...altho that would be the case anywhere... but he is more likely to get goals in scotland...
    Robbie Keane is a confidence player, he craves adulation. I think he would regain his confidence at Celtic, and would definitely be the darling of the crowd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I really have a soft spot for Spurs and also I think Robbie is great and has been my hero over the last 7 years. But I do agree that a move to Celtic could be a good move for him. Look at Larsson he did not hinder him at international level so I dont see any reason it woud hinder Robbie. He would be playing with a manager he likes and who likes him and the crowd would love him. He would get lots of first team football and loads of opportunities to score. All in all as an Irish fan and Robbie fan I think its a move that could be good for him. I would rather that than a move to Everton or Villa.
    In Trap we trust

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Is Keane on the last year of his contract with Spurs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Spurs have first option on retaining him for another 2 years when his contract expires in June but I think, if they can sign a replacement, they will let him go in January

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Robbie will be gone by Christmas IMHO. So too will a sh1te load of midfielders at Spurs cos they have the biggest squad in Ingerland

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Robbie will most likely be gone in the January sales. I think Celtic would be a good move for him. Larrson wasn't hurt by playing at Celtic and I think it would do wonders for Robbie.

Reid just may not be as good as we all think he is which is shame. Jol wants to win matches. He'll pick the best players who can win matches for him.

I don't rate Mido at all but Dafoe is class.
    There is no such thing as a miracle cure, a free lunch or a humble opinion.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    If Robbie is on a basic salary of say £2m pa, do you think Celtic would be willing to pay that plus a transfer fee? I'd say that other middling EPL clubs could afford it but atm Celtic probably have enough of a squad to win the SPL title. Why would they need to splash out cash in January for a position they have reasonable cover for and pay Robbie's wages until the next season. Its wishful thinking to see Robbie moving to Celtic. Whereas Kelly would be a shoe in, imo Celtic badly need an attacking RB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie's Son
    Reid just may not be as good as we all think he is which is shame.
    I personally think he is, as a central midfielder. He has a top class range of passing, not afraid of a tackle, always willing to work. Emre is the perfect comparison. They're around the same height and Emre is a left footer who used to play on the wing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    hope he doesnt go to celtic... whats the point of playing in that league week in week out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast