Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Close season transfers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    You and what money?!
    AFAIK, Prenderville this season was only getting a bit less than what Ndo was getting from us up until the move to Shels. I'd say it's one out, one in, money-wise. And between them, the wages of the rest that are being released would probably cover Reynolds.

Landing Crowe would be a biggie but we've been hearing for ages that Johnny Mc is keen to find a way of financing it. Mileson hasn't gone away even though Roddy's out of the frame so you never know. I'm still edgy about that one, but the numbers being bandied about are certainly worth looking at. I've a lot of confidence in Andy O'C as it is, but the more I hear about this whole thing, the more I think he's playing a blinder.
    Revenge for 2002

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Apparently one of your officials was reckoning last night that there'd be three "build a team around" signings, defender, midfielder and striker and the rest would be "value" signings. Must say by the way that I'd love to see Pats back at the "business end"!
    Last edited by Longfordian; 20/11/2005 at 2:23 AM.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why has Prenderville been released?
    "The Derry fans were fantastic in both matches. They sang their hearts out all the time and created an even better atmosphere than the Cup Final. They were brilliant. - David Graham, Gretna striker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    With Shels releasing Glen Fitz, I can't see Crowe going anywhere. Otherwise we'd only have 2 strikers on the books, as Ger Rowe was also released.

Ndo, well, all I can do is laugh at notions of him going back to Inchicore. I laughed at the first post or two mentioning it, but now it just has me confused and somewhat bewildered! But I still laugh!
    God

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There's no way we'd sell Ndo unless a bount of mental illness sweeps Tolka Park, and more to the point, if Ndo left he'd have literally his pick of every club in this country and probably some abroad too. There's no way he'd go back to Pats. Also don't see why we'd get rid of Crowe, Pats couldn't afford the transfer fees nevermind the wages surely. Neither are out of contract.

Could be truth in the Reynolds one, but I hope not. He was actually very impressive when he played for us, and I'd rather keep him than Crawford for that position.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why has Prenderville been released?

his preformances were mediocre for the big money he was on wont be missed but you could say that about most of our squad the moment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speranza
    He works for PriceWaterhouseCooper in Dublin. Hate slating our players but he isn't as good as the hype suggests. Lurch like in stature but can't jump and you'll **** yourself every time he has the ball with a forward running toward him.

Norn Iron U-21 internation Mark McChyrstal is IMO a far better defender.

Forgot to add the usual Darren Kelly back to us rumour which I heard over the weekend in Cork. Superb defender and with him and IMO player of the year Pizza in defence we would be watertight.
    Big Clive has been superb all season.Granted he has made some blunders but so has Pizza,Fordie to name a few.I have no doubt that he will be with us next season.As for Darren Kelly he's on big money at Portadown and would need to take a big drop in wages to come back to us.He is also under contract till next June,so a move for him is out of the question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    when mileson was sniffing around the hoops glen crowe was the first name he mentioned signing.
    interesting that pats fans are now admitting he is on the scene despte giving us dogs for telling them this 3 months ago!!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy.McClure
    Who is McNally? What position is he?
    Centre half. Usually wears number 5, but has been out injured since the FAI Cup third round in Longford.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverstillidie
    interesting that pats fans are now admitting he is on the scene despte giving us dogs for telling them this 3 months ago!!
    The big differences are that youse were looking at it mainly in terms of Roddy being inflicted on us as part of a Mileson buy-out, and that youse were taking speculation and turning it into a done deal. The reality is different. The Roddy part won't happen now that Johnny Mc's contract has been extended. The Mileson part might happen yet but it depends on whether his offer is serious and what Andy O'Callaghan's prepared to give him in return
    Revenge for 2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kickR
    he has recently just got married with Alan Gough
    Aww that's nice. Good luck to the lovely couple .
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great to see Rennie going to pats,he will be linking up with his drinking buddy (frosty) now, Johnny mac better keep an eye on him .
    The 2 of them used to be polluted when they were here in waterford,why do ya think he got the boot from here,no training and seen in every night club in town on most nights of the week.
    Ye are welcome to them lads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    There's no way we'd sell Ndo unless a bount of mental illness sweeps Tolka Park, and more to the point, if Ndo left he'd have literally his pick of every club in this country and probably some abroad too. There's no way he'd go back to Pats. Also don't see why we'd get rid of Crowe, Pats couldn't afford the transfer fees nevermind the wages surely. Neither are out of contract.

Could be truth in the Reynolds one, but I hope not. He was actually very impressive when he played for us, and I'd rather keep him than Crawford for that position.
    If Shels are looking to cut wages, they'd be open to offers. Rumour I heard was that shels were lining up a mega signing and needed to lose about €3,000 off the wage bill. Ndo is on (at least officially) €950 plus €150 in expenses, so its not ridiculous money. He might pick Pats as he'll know what he's dealing with. It might be the safer option for him. Oh and BTW I can't see any of these signing happpening. Don't think there's a chance in hell of the Crowe one, but newstalk last night said Fitzpatrick was on his way to Pats. Most I know thought he was on the way to Drogs...

Quote Originally Posted by Mental Man
    Great to see Rennie going to pats,he will be linking up with his drinking buddy (frosty) now...
    Ye are welcome to them lads.
    Thanks. best left full in the country and the best c.unto midielder.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    If Shels are looking to cut wages, they'd be open to offers. Rumour I heard was that shels were lining up a mega signing and needed to lose about €3,000 off the wage bill. Ndo is on (at least officially) €950 plus €150 in expenses, so its not ridiculous money. He might pick Pats as he'll know what he's dealing with. It might be the safer option for him. Oh and BTW I can't see any of these signing happpening. Don't think there's a chance in hell of the Crowe one, but newstalk last night said Fitzpatrick was on his way to Pats. Most I know thought he was on the way to Drogs...

Thanks. best left full in the country and the best c.unto midielder.
    Ndo was being offered around earlier in the season by Shels along with Cawley and a few more. Don't know if they've had a change of heart since though.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    AFAIK Delaney will definitely be gone from Derry, he hasnt found a job here and if ye let one have a job elsewere and not live in Derry then bang all the hard work is out the window...and i've heard over the weekend that its 99.9% Kelly is on his way back.

And lets wait and see what happens with Paddy....something tells me that he will be with Derry next season, and that it will bring the best out of him!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian
    Ndo was being offered around earlier in the season by Shels along with Cawley and a few more. Don't know if they've had a change of heart since though.
    Ifs official, nutsy must be mad!! Ndo has been our best player this season, and I'd put money on him to be the outright best in the league next year if he is allowed to keep his (well deserved!) place in the team. Fantastic vision, some of the passes and runs he picks out are just unbelievable. We'd be stupid to let him go, unless we're bringing in Ronaldinho.
    God

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by chippie0001
    Then 2 other as yet un named players.
    Any truth in the Ronaldinho, Raul Rumours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian
    That makes some sense as he was at the time out of the team for reasons unknown.

As for a mega signing to replace Ndo, it'd have to be someone from abroad. I genuinley can't think of another league player I'd rather have than him, and that's even with a pick of everyone, obviously there's some we could simply never land anyway like O'Callaghan who would be an obvious replacement.

Fitzpatrick isn't Drogs bound I'm told, but is going to another EL club, so Pats is as likely as any. He's a good player and all, but he's not the striker Pats need atm imo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12