Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McNally gets six years

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Nally got off way too lightly. He was within his rights to defend himself so i think when intruder was incapacitated & Nally was standing over him with a shotgun he was done with the defending.

Going back to his house to reload the gun & execute the guy on the ground was just a "little" over the top.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Mr McDowell has a lot to answer for. Last week, two 'Daddy's little boys' were sentenced to three months for kicking a defenceless man to near death simply because they 'weren't known to the law, unlikely to re-offend, and paid a vast sum of compensation'.

Padraig Nally was attacked by these travelling scumbags before, and was merely defending himself and his property against the same scumbag, and ends up locked up for 6 years. I personally don't care if he did go OTT a little in dishing it out, adrenalin and fear can make a man do this when attacked. This traveller was pure evil scum. Filth. Of no use to society, and unfortunately it looks like his spawn are making an innocemt martyr of him. The poor fella. If anything Nally was too lenient on this piece of sh1t, and should be presented with a bravery medal and an offer from the government to clean up all such situations should no, when they arise again.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    This traveller was pure evil scum. Filth. Of no use to society,
    Then fact you identified him as a traveller first & not say intruder or thief discounts the rest of your post as comes across racist. What difference does it make that he was a traveller?

Bring back Rocketman!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What about his son on primetime last night, with his, I am having mental problems since and I'm taking medication and so on. All I heard was compo, compo, compo!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    I've merged these posts from here into a seperate thread as I think their could be a big discussion on this.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Give it time

Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As someone who has had my house broke into, I totally support Mr Nally in his action, its a shame he didn't do the same to the son. My uncle had a massive amount of damage done to his sheds the other week, after some b@stards tried to smash their way in.

These b@stards have no respect for anyone and if they are confronted are only to happy as has happened with the poor man in Waterford too take life themselves so why should people be worried about someone like this scumbag Mr Nally killed.

I would give Mr Nally a medal, this scum would think again if they thought that someone like Mr Nally may well waiting for them with a shotgun when they broke in. That is the only answer and justice that they deserve.

Six years in jail, what a disgrace, the man deserves a people of the year award.
    Last edited by sylvo; 16/11/2005 at 11:18 PM.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvo
    I would give Mr Nally a medal, this scum would think again if they thought that someone like Mr Nally may well waiting for them with a shotgun when they broke in.
    Yeah, they'd make sure they had a gun too.

Don't have much sympathy for the scumbag shot*. However, Nally had stopped him when he shot him the first time and beat him, no need to shoot him in the back.

*the fact he's a traveller is irrelevant imo - both sides making too much of that, including the traveller support groups who are as guilty of stirring it up as the other side.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Yeah, they'd make sure they had a gun too.

Don't have much sympathy for the scumbag shot*. However, Nally had stopped him when he shot him the first time and beat him, no need to shoot him in the back.

*the fact he's a traveller is irrelevant imo - both sides making too much of that, including the traveller support groups who are as guilty of stirring it up as the other side.

Well they have all sorts of weapons with them when they break into a house anyway, so it would not surprise me if they had guns with them now.

I didn't say anything about travellers, the b@stards who killed that man down in Waterford when he found them breaking into his house were not travellers but local thugs from the same district.

As for he should only have fired the once at the ****, f**k that, that **** would have been back with a posse when his injurys were healed and done the same to mr Nally, he was right to finish him, shame the son got away.

If I had a gun and been lucky to catch the b@stards that broke into my house, I would have fired a few shots and not have worried about their civil rights.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Only the first sentence was a direct response to you Sylvo - must start doing 2 posts as it's the second time this week I've been taken up wrong.

I don't see how you can argue that Nally is safe now - I'd say the chances of no revenge being taken are slim to nil now. Little difference if he hadn't killed him - except he'd probably still be at home.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think the sentance was fair enough. He shot the man, beat the living hell out of him with a stick, reloaded and shot him in the back when he was trying to get away.
    Ward is scum of the earth but I don't think what he did deserved death.

The GAA were shown up for the bigots they are by marching in support of Nally. We have a legal system in this country for a reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Then fact you identified him as a traveller first & not say intruder or thief discounts the rest of your post as comes across racist. What difference does it make that he was a traveller?

Try living near them sometimes

I realise there good and bad in all people but the poor old itinerants seem to have gotten more than their fair share. Mr. Nally, although undoubtedly slightly insane, was driven to do what he did and I honestly think most people would have done the exact same.

As for people saying we have a legal system for a reason, shur if poor old Mr. Ward had turned up in court, as he was due to on the day, none of this would have ever happened

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    a scum bag got killed , thats great news he has a 30 year history of burglary imagine all the lives he has ruinned over those 30 years how many old people are living in fear of him returning , well not any more

but mr nally is better off inside he has even said it himself its the first time in years he feels safe , the travellers have put a bounty on his head , also expect a civil action from the ward family . it will show the system up when he will be forced to sell his farm and livelyhood to pay off these scum , that should never have been there in the first place .

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

think you ll find he said travelling scumbag which is a scumbag that travell's around ,nothing racist about that ... just before your get on your moral high horse wind up !

no right thinking person wishes that this guy was still alive and breaking into there house today , the world is a better place with out this burgular who was just starting to train up the first of his 11 kids in the fine art of robbing .
    it must be nice to pass on the family businness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Maybe I am racist in your eyes then, but I stand by what I said. I did not speak any mistruths; he was a traveller, he was a filthy evil scumbag, and he did get what was coming to him. If he was Black, Asian, Eastern European, Irish, English, or from Outer Mongolia I'd still have the same opinions of him. The fact that I called him a traveller(which is what he was) first makes me racist? You're a very rational thinker, aren't you?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    You're a very rational thinker, aren't you?

ooooo are you calling pete a thinker now aswell

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    The GAA were shown up for the bigots they are by marching in support of Nally. We have a legal system in this country for a reason.

they didnt march you ignoramous.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Prime Time was interesting the other night. Was pretty even in its report.
    No doubt Nally ain't the full shilling but I reckon years of people "calling" by uninvited have driven him that way. He used to sit for hours in his freezing Shed with his shotgun on the look out.
    Certainly went over the top in the way he killed Ward but whatever about Nally being mad, Ward was a total fruitcake and an evil one at that.
    He had been in and out of the madhouse for months before his death, there were 4 bench warrants out for his arrest, he had a criminal record as long as Clive Delaney and there were all sorts of chemical concoctions found in his blood stream at the time he was killed.
    It all boils down to the word of Nally who said he saw Ward coming out of his house even though there were no forensics to prove this. He then claims the gun went off accidentally and shot Ward in the thigh. Ward went for him but Nally then gave him a hell of a beating and as he was hobbling away down the road reloaded and shot him in the back.
    Nally reckoned that if he had let him live then he'd have been back to kill him.
    No winners here. Nallys life is finished now as well, very sad.
    Last edited by razor; 17/11/2005 at 11:01 AM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    you know nally must be fairly strong though, cos travellers are always hardy like, though i spose a shot in the thigh might prevent ye from fighting back.

wonder what the son did.

in my opinion nally was driven mad by that family.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast