Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: UEFA Cup Final

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

UEFA Cup Final

Anyone see the game last night? Quite the good game I have to say. First half was a bit dismal, but the second half was quite entertaining. Jan Koller's goal was absolute class, and Pierre van Plonker's free kick was quite tasty. Referee was shocking though. Dortmund palyed well in the second half, and at times it was hard to believe they were the team with 10 men. I thought they were going to clinch an equaliser.

Good game all in all
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah it was a good game I thought. Shame about the sending off though, it kind of devalued the whole game. Of course the referee had no option under the professional foul rule, but I think the rule itself is a bit harsh. The penalty is punishment enough because there's no excuse for not scoring a penalty when you can have your fist choice penalty taker take it. Dortmond were doubly punished for what was really just a bit of clumsiness on Kohlers part.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs up

I think the whole last man back rule should be changed. Red card if deliberately bring a player down & yellow if genuine attempt to get the ball.

Overall i think the ref did ok as was very hard game to ref with diving & scuffles all through the game.

Good entertaining game but home advantage i think was the deciding factor in the end.

Seen Dortmunds Rosicky before & he still looks like be world star in years to come. Koller must be a nightmare to mark too.
    Last edited by pete; 09/05/2002 at 1:26 PM.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    Seen Dortmunds Rosicky before & he still looks like be world star in years to come.
    Yeah he's gonna be quality.
    Last edited by pete; 09/05/2002 at 1:27 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I remember Houllier saying that he had saved Liverpool £7 million by promoting Danny Murphy to the first team instead of buying Rosicky. 2 weeks later, Dortmund rejected a £34 million bid from Inter Milan for Rosicky. Makes you think- what if Liverpool had had him last season? After all, he was instrumental in winning the title for Dortmund this season....