Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partizan
    The bitching, moaning, whining and egotistical nature of your average
    C/\wkie is a joy to behold.

Now come on Derry
    Wibble Wibble !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fair play to Rovers fans last night .It felt weirde leaving the ground with so many Rovers supporters wishing us well in the League .No trouble between both sets of fans and good banter was had .(Even the langer chants when i was heading to the chipper van was sung in good faith )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peader
    Last Monday Derry had no more than 30 in Belfield.
    Last night we had about 300 in Dalymount
    Conor and everyone else ignore this bull. Last monday was Halloween night without doubt the biggest night of the year in Derry and one of the biggest celebrations in Europe for the date. It also wasn't a bank holiday.

The truth is that if Cork where in the situation we were in a few years ago or Rovers at the minute then they would have very little support.

Blaming the increase in attendance on a switch of nights is foolishness typical of some poster on here. We have switched nights before and its been to blame for a max fluctuation of 200-300 supporters.
    "The Derry fans were fantastic in both matches. They sang their hearts out all the time and created an even better atmosphere than the Cup Final. They were brilliant. - David Graham, Gretna striker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Agree with ya 100% Speranza.I'm not going to bother replying to the post by the shams fan who just summed up all that i was going on about.
    Come on Derry win the league!
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its bloody disgusting to see the egotistical nature of certain supporters on this message board knocking supporters of other clubs for expressing a view in which they are entitled to do just because in their eyes they belong as they see it to a "small club" and dont theoretically exist.
    Some clubs this year have been to hell and back mine more so in trying to keep things going and it was down to supporters of these so called small clubs who do trojan work in keeping the club they love afloat.
    It got so bad down in waterford 1 night that we got together and went out to a few housing estates trying to sell lotto tickets in order to pay wages that week and i am even up to now paying to go to see my team play at every game even though i am a season ticket holder.
    Shame on those ignorant muppets who knock supporters of other clubs just beacuse they are not " a big club " , call yerselves League of Ireland supporters, Ye make me want ta spew.
    Arguments like this only gives Barstoolers and other enemies of the EL ammunition to fire at it when we are trying to some to protect a league that is under so much threat these days.
    Cop yourselves on and grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Mental, no-one is denying that, but what the hell relevance is that to a thread about last night?
    Seriously?
    Cork say rovers fans were to be commended and 5 pages later you are busting a blood vessel because a cork fan didnt say galway fans are best.
    what a phenomenal waste of time and energy.
    this thread was about rovers and cork, now its about chips on certain fans shoulders that no-one ever complements them.
    some of the nonsense on this thread sums up why this site is losing visitors and relevance.
    Last edited by Roverstillidie; 08/11/2005 at 6:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I remember not so long ago when Cork only got 900 "proper fans" at a home league game .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I understand perfectly what you are saying lad, but to see some of the comments on here about supporters of other clubs not being in the same class as certain supporters from big clubs makes me boil.
    I dont want to go on any further or else i will be on valium.
    If you want to know who in my years of going to games up and down the country who i personally found to be the nicest bunch of supporters in the land i will say honestly iy has to be Derry fans.
    What a great bunch of supporters and i hope ye win the league because ye deserve it and dont go on harpin about how great a club ye are,they just go about their business and play great football.
    They are a credit to the league and fair play to them.
    I saw them applauding the blues of the pitch up in derry 2 weeks ago and gave Pat dolan a standing ovation, i was gob smacked and had a lump in my throat and i will be shouting for them at the final game against cork.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    you are 1 of the good guys MM, and you are to be respected for what you have done for your club.
    but half these posters are kids on a wind up, and are being a pain in the arse for the sake of it.
    its not unreasonable to say certain clubs have a different type of support

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    FYI RoverstilIDie- I follow Finn Harps, not Galway.

Noone is looking for anyone to say they're great too, a lot of people are sick of being dismissed as second class eircom league fans by certain people. It was Colm who did this in this thread and people had every right to react to it. If ye wanted to have a nice wee love-in the thread should not have contained such references or else should not have been in the general eL section but in either the Cork or Rovers forum.

Incidentally, fair play to them, but Rovers aren't the only club that have ever stuck with their team through tough times- Galway's support the year they got relegated was superb and I remember Bohs fans being brilliant before during and after losing a cup final to Shels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Galway Harps
    FYI RoverstilIDie- I follow Finn Harps, not Galway.

Noone is looking for anyone to say they're great too, a lot of people are sick of being dismissed as second class eircom league fans by certain people. It was Colm who did this in this thread and people had every right to react to it. If ye wanted to have a nice wee love-in the thread should not have contained such references or else should not have been in the general eL section but in either the Cork or Rovers forum.

Incidentally, fair play to them, but Rovers aren't the only club that have ever stuck with their team through tough times- Galway's support the year they got relegated was superb and I remember Bohs fans being brilliant before during and after losing a cup final to Shels.
    If it was Colm who started it in your opinion ... why didn't you say Colm, instead of labeling every Cork fan, i haven't read so i could be wrong but didn't Colm say he didn't mean anything by it ??

Lads ... maybe people are over reacting a small bit, but equally people should try and stop making certain comments and avoid such flare ups ..... but it think it is mad to say there cant be a discussion of what went on after a game without everyone wanting it moved off to another forum. It was the only game on last night too !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverstillidie
    its not unreasonable to say certain clubs have a different type of support
    That is getting closer to the point of the thread...I wonder how many games regular Cork fans have been at this season where they have won that comfortably in the end and the opposition fans have stayed and didn't leave for 10 minutes afterwards........?

As to a point made earlier, Derry fans do not have a big support when they're badly...when they came to Richmond and we beat them 5-1, there were very few to my recollection - 4 or 5 and their drum - the season they were in the play off. This is the point of the thread....but again only people who were there will realise it.
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's a pity that we don't have the archive of posts as during the last two seasons when we were **** we were voted best fans in the league by posters on this site. I don't want to flaunt about our fans but DFX you are talking rubbish.
    "The Derry fans were fantastic in both matches. They sang their hearts out all the time and created an even better atmosphere than the Cup Final. They were brilliant. - David Graham, Gretna striker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    I am not doubting that you are great fans, however getting voted here does not prove your theory, speranza. I have nothing against Derry and personally I hope they win the league solely based on thinking they are better team overall, imo...

I also remember last season at Richmond on the night of our protest not seeeing very many, more than the time above, but not hoardes as one person would have you believe earlier in the thread...nothing wrong with the amount you brought, just wasn't as big as some obviously think here..
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
    When we beat you 4-1 you had only about ten you had about 50 for the second game , but still not near as big as what we brought to ye !
    this has all been discussed before and it's just like you to bring it up to get a reaction.Where was yere away support in Terryland last year ......just leave it Rogue Trader will ya!
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor H
    this has all been discussed before and it's just like you to bring it up to get a reaction.Where was yere away support in Terryland last year ......just leave it Rogue Trader will ya!
    pain in the hole when people come on here and talk absoulte horsesh.it, isnt it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverstillidie
    pain in the hole when people come on here and talk absoulte horsesh.it, isnt it
    I agree that it shouldn't be brought back up again but who are you to say that all that is "horsesh.it"? Were you at either of our matches in the Showgrounds of Terryland?, if not then you cant really comment
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    Yeah fair play to Rovers fans last night, they were excellent.... I maintain that only them, us and maybe Derry have the only sets of proper fans in this league.

Contrast them with Bohs last week or Waterford the other night who were pathetic.

Chatting about it in Doyles after the game and we were all commenting on what a weird fcuked up turn of events had taken place.... one week City fans are battering Bohs "fans", the following week City fans are applauding Rovers fans out of the ground!!

Anyway, I'll say it again fair play Rovers. I hope ye stay up and Waterford go down.
    That's funny because I heard what happened you last week Colm!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac
    Check my posts over the last year or so and you'll see that I'm a big fan of what the 400 club are doing
    but there aint even 400 in the 400 club!!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast