Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rovers Fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speranza
    Singing til you are hoarse does not make you a "proper fan". I sing every match I attend but it doesn't make me btter than any other fan who forsake the Premier****e nonsense that pollutes this country for their local side.
    Good point Speranza, my father's been going to Waterford games since he was snuck in under the turnstiles in Kilcohan as a kid. He never stands up, ("i paid for a seat, why would i stand up?") rarely sings, but anyone who thinks he's not a proper fan needs his head examined. Proper fans turn up for leagu cup games against Rockmount Celtic, and go to games no matter what division or league position the club is in. If you want to know how many real fans your club has, then you can only base it on the lowest attendance figure of the season.
    Foot.ie's entire existence is predicated on the average idiot's inability to ignore other idiots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    peader, colm, thanks for the kind words, always appreciated. ignore the bitterness from the rest who are unhappy with not being mentioned in relation to a rovers cork game
    sizeable crowd for a monday in that weather. just a pity whorisky decided to be a silly ****

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac
    If you want to know how many real fans your club has, then you can only base it on the lowest attendance figure of the season.
    spot on bigmac.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Galway Harps
    The thread may have been started to congratulate Rovers fans but a Cork fan chose to insult the fans of most of the league's clubs. The rest of us probably shouldn't have bothered reacting, but it's a public forum and we've every right to do so if we feel like it.
    And much like yourself ... Cork fans would have a right to express their thoughts, it works both way .... City fans are tired of people giving out when they are losing a debate/argument someone will jump it and blame Cork fans, sometimes in threads where a Cork fan hasn't even posted, Cork fans are probably tired about he comments like "and there was 30,000 at the cross"
    Granted most Cork fans wear it fairly well .... but just the fact that you are getting shirty over someone suggesting your club doesn't travel in big numbers then City fans have the right to get p!ssed off too or at should at least have the right to ACTUALLY be guilty of something before someone gets to blame them ..... anyway .... it is a total generalisation.

The fact is that many people from a lot of different clubs are sick of listening to some of the garbage that some Cork fans have been coming out with over the last few years. As has been pointed out before- ultimately we're all small clubs and crowds overall in the league are woeful.
    That is not Corks fault .... dont try and hinge that on Cork fans ... any fan in the league can make an observation ... so why not Cork fans ??

And just for the record ... i am not directing that at you Galway Harps ..... its really to all the fans who see fit to take things out on Cork fans the minute things aren't going their way.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost
    A Cork fan ran onto the pitch after they scored their second goal against Rovers, in full view of their own fans. What will happen to him?
    Well he got turfed out and met the constables for a cup of tea in fitzgibbon street afterwards.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    It was the 'proper fans' stuff that I was getting annoyed about, and in fairness it isn't just Cork fans who are guilty of it.

And I never said anyone couldn't make an observation!

As for redgav- has it ever occured to you that you may have a problem with women?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Galway Harps]It was the 'proper fans' stuff that I was getting annoyed about, and in fairness it isn't just Cork fans who are guilty of it.

[QUOTE]

no its not. a coule of cork fans, who have no particular love of rovers, were so impressed with us last night they came on here to compliment our fans who were defiant in the face of the abyss last night and a predicitible whine eminates from the smaller clubs. 'were great too, notice us'
    this has been discussed elsewhere recently. the site is dying on its arse because keyboard warriors with nothing to say hijack interesting threads with pure garbage. if you have nothing to contribute to a discussion about last nights events, download a song or something. just go away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry What a load of Rubbish!!!!!!

This thread is very similar to another one recently...Cork fans syaing how great they are and how most other clubs don't have "proper" fans. .I remember when we used to play Cork in the premier and yee used to have 10-20 fans...where was the great rebal army then? .I wonder would yee bring 250 fans to Monaghan in a first divison match...doubt it!.I read the 4 pages and 3 Cork fans thought they were high enough to have a dig at Galway...whatever we bring an away support of 30-50 to alot if not most away games and we would have a massive support if we were in Europe and top of the league.So stop talking as if yee have been around for years....yere support has only got big in the last 3 years,maybe 5.
    Derry are the best fans in Ireland...always have brought a large away support even when they were ****e...not a bunch of bandwagon supporters like Cork...shams always bring a big support to.
    DERRY FOR THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Conor H; 08/11/2005 at 4:13 PM.
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    So now you're telling me what I was annoyed about- that's a neat trick!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor H
    yere support has only got big in the last 3 years,maybe 5.
    Our increase home attendances coincided with our switch from Sunday to Friday for home games. Sunday was difficult for a county with such a great GAA heritage.

Derry are the best fans in Ireland...always have brought a large away support even when they were ****e
    Last Monday Derry had no more than 30 in Belfield.
    Last night we had about 300 in Dalymount.

I've been to loads of Derry games in the last few years where 30 was their average away support.

No team in Ireland travels as much as Cork City FC.
    Until Waterford got promoted, Longford was our local Derby.

You're a little club with tiny support. That's something you need to deal with, not me.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar
    You're a little club with tiny support. That's something you need to deal with, not me.
    Ya whatever.As i said before yere all a bunch of bandwagon supporters...yee had a **** support for years until yee got good.I guarantee Galway would a large support if we were in yere position but if yee want to think that yee were always massive...fair enough.
    BTW why did you feel the need to have a dig at GUFC i was just stating the obvious.It seems to be a common trait among "some" CCFC supporters to slate other clubs.Who are you to have a go at us?

Just to point out i have nothing against Cork or there fans but "some" posters are from Cork are posting an incredible amount of crap.
    Last edited by Conor H; 08/11/2005 at 4:25 PM.

Europe's Big Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    mods, the point has been made, lock the thread before it gets totally hijacked by the galway boys. unbelievably petty.

lads, thanks for the words of support, and thanks to billy and rico who came over to us to applaud us. we arent each others favourites, but last night puts some good will in there.
    i partially retract my 'i hate all corkies' statement of yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    BTW why did you feel the need to have a dig at GUFC i was just stating the obvious.
    I was just stating the obvious too Conor.

This thread was about Rovers fans last night. If you weren't at the game then you don't know what we're talking about so please go and get wound up elsewhere. You've nothing significant to contribute here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverstillidie
    mods, lock the thread before it gets totally hijacked by the galway boys. unbelievably petty.
    What once were not all praising yee the thread should be locked.It is obvious this went off topic before the "galway boys hijacked" the thread.

Europe's Big Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i partially retract my 'i hate all corkies' statement of yesterday.
    We know you love us, deep down somewhere.

Respect to Kenny for his sporting gesture after the game. He apologised to Colin and Rico and shook hands with the other City players. I think everyone knew there was no malice in his clash with Colin anyway but it was a big thing to come back out and make his peace in front of everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    It seems to be a common trait among "some" CCFC supporters to slate other clubs.Who are you to have a go at us?

Just to point out i have nothing against Cork or there fans but "some" posters are from Cork are posting an incredible amount of crap.
    Can you not just single out those posters .... instead of tarr all with one brush ?? I swear .... it would actually be easier and you're argument would hold up better aswell.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads,
    The thread went off topic in the fourth post.
    Yeah fair play to Rovers fans last night, they were excellent.... I maintain that only them, us and maybe Derry have the only sets of proper fans in this league.

Contrast them with Bohs last week or Waterford the other night who were pathetic.

Chatting about it in Doyles after the game and we were all commenting on what a weird fcuked up turn of events had taken place.... one week City fans are battering Bohs "fans", the following week City fans are applauding Rovers fans out of the ground!!

Anyway, I'll say it again fair play Rovers. I hope ye stay up and Waterford go down.
    Like someone said earlier, most teams have good supporters, some have more than others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar
    I was just stating the obvious too Conor.

This thread was about Rovers fans last night. If you weren't at the game then you don't know what we're talking about so please go and get wound up elsewhere. You've nothing significant to contribute here.
    Las time i checked free speech was allowed even to people who talk complete ****e like you.So if i have something to say,i'll say it.

Europe's Big Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    mods, the point has been made, lock the thread before it gets totally hijacked by the galway boys. unbelievably petty.
    I cant just lock it for that !!
    Its only until someone draws blood .... then we'll lock it !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What once were not all praising yee the thread should be locked.It is obvious this went off topic before the "galway boys hijacked" the thread.
    no, its not that you arent praising rovers fans, you arent even talking about them in the first place. you werent at the game, you saw none of what went on at the game, yet you are going on and on about some nonsense that is irrelevant. stick to the topic or **** off, no-one wants to hear snide comments about whether cork fans are bandwagon jumpers. start a thread on it if it matters that much to you.

you read like a 3 year old who has just been introduced to their new younger sibling. jumping up and down shouting 'mummy, look at me'. or in this case 'galway fans are great too'.

every second thread gets hijacked by some small club chip on shoulder type because they werent mentioned in the same breath as rovers and cork and i have a pain in my arse with it.

its my new mission, spam busting on foot.ie

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast