Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Cork blow it all?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Will Cork blow it all?

Results over the weekend have put Derry in the driving seat

2 tough away matches this week - Rover fighting for their lives (cork should win though but expect it to take alot out of them) and then shels away on friday (who i think will beat cork).

Derry to beat Pats on saturday.

If the above happens all derry have to do is get a draw down there on the last day of the season.

I know its in drogs interests for cork to win the league, but I can honestly see Rico blow it AGAIN !!!

They'll be on some downer of they do on cup final day, missing at least 3 first timers too.

Cork could end up trophyless this season (despite the great season they've had!!).

I just wonder if they have the bottle
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo
    I just wonder if they have the bottle
    It's a valid question to be fair, but I think we do.
    The real question is do we have the goalscorer.

I think we'll beat rovers tonight, I know that they're fighting for their lives, but we should have enough to get past them. If someone offered me a 1-0 now, I'd snap their hand off. We have to step up tonight though.

Shels have been playing well, but their last defeat was against derry, the defeat before was against us. They've been brushing sides aside all season, but the fact remains that they've consistently failed to deliver against the top two.

I expect it to be a very tough game, but having seen them recently, they need an awful lot of chances to score the goals they're getting, I can't see us allowing them the same opportunities that Bray e.g. did. It'll be tight, but I'd imagine we'd still be favourites to win.

I expect it to go to the last day anyway, but don't be so confident that Derry will have it easy against Pat's next Friday.
    Last edited by tiktok; 07/11/2005 at 10:34 AM. Reason: they're not their
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Hopefully they do blow it ! I'd be only to happy to see Derry (or even Shels ) beat them to the title.

The game in hand means nothing, Derry have the points on the board which is the most important thing at this stage of the season. Cork are defo stuttering at present and with 2 tough away matches coming up and then the big one Vs Derry i can't see them winning it.

Cork will probably beat Rovers but they need the points themself so it will be a very hard fought match, Shels will beat Cork but yet again it will be a very tough match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    ONCE AGAIN, Shels cannot win the title

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sfc red
    ONCE AGAIN, Shels cannot win the title
    I'd still prefer them to win it over Cork thou

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69
    I'd still prefer them to win it over Cork thou
    Thanks, good to see the bitterness of petty little Devlin and his sheep in Bray shining through as usual!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    Thanks, good to see the bitterness of petty little Devlin and his sheep in Bray shining through as usual!
    Bitter ? Not at all, i just don't like Cork, just the same way you probably don't like Shels or Waterford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't think Cork will bottle it but it ain't gonna be easy.Rovers are so unpredictable nothing is certain in that match.Shels would love to get one over on Cork but i don't think they will so Cork to win the league.
    On a side note it's good to Patsh at his old best again,anything he dosen't agree with gives him to right to insult you.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy
    I don't think Cork will bottle it but it ain't gonna be easy.Rovers are so unpredictable nothing is certain in that match.Shels would love to get one over on Cork but i don't think they will so Cork to win the league.
    On a side note it's good to Patsh at his old best again,anything he dosen't agree with gives him to right to insult you.
    Ahh, the little Longforder can't handle someone elses opinion of an opposing manager and his acolytes...anything the little Longforder doesn't agree with, he has his little dig, but thats not surprising coming for the mid-table medicrity club.

City might end up with nothing this season, but at least I don't have to wake up every morning and realise I am a Longford/Bray fan....

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69
    Bitter ? Not at all, i just don't like Cork, just the same way you probably don't like Shels or Waterford
    I actually quite like $hels, just don't really like their secratary or some of his sidekicks.
    I also have nothing against Waterford, except for their sh*tehole of a ground.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well, Shels need Derry to win the League and Cork to win the Cup to get a UEFA Spot, so that's an extra incentive, if one were needed.
    Our problem all season has been our results against the top two, which has been abysmal.
    Yes, we're needing a lot of chances to score our goals at the moment, but the number of chances we're creating is phenomenal. And don't forget we're top scorers too.
    Still very much up in the air.
    No Elvis, Beatles or the Rolling Stones
    In 1977

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sheliban
    Yes, we're needing a lot of chances to score our goals at the moment, but the number of chances we're creating is phenomenal.
    Which is where you've fallen down against us anyway, even with recent lapses, we still have the meanest defence in the league, i can't see you creating much chances against us, you'll need to take the few you get to beat us.

Honestly though, it has draw written all over it
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sheliban
    Well, Shels need Derry to win the League and Cork to win the Cup to get a UEFA Spot, so that's an extra incentive, if one were needed.
    Our problem all season has been our results against the top two, which has been abysmal.
    Yes, we're needing a lot of chances to score our goals at the moment, but the number of chances we're creating is phenomenal. And don't forget we're top scorers too.
    Still very much up in the air.
    A sensible contribution.
    $hels need to beat us, Rovers need to win.
    SPA are safe and have nothing to play for, so Derry have one really tough game left to win the league.
    Fenlon, through accident or otherwise, seems to have found his best side, who are playing outstandingly at the moment.
    So City have a much tougher run-in than Derry, and we don't have a striker.
    It's not a question of City blowing it, its down to the excellent form of Derry and the fact that both sides have been very evenly matched in a very tight league race, where it will probably come down to the last match of the season in a winner take all scenario.
    It is just as fair to ask will Derry blow it, but in truth, nobody is blowing the league, one side will just be edged out by the better team.
    Whoever that turns out to be.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hopfully Cork City will beat Shamrock Rovers tonight .(They will) .We can aford a slip up against Shels ...............Hopfully Pats will beat Derry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The way I look at it is that it's ours to throw away now, the same as it has been most of the season.
    A win tonight and we're back in the driving seat. We've been the best team all season, we deserve to win it so it will be a devestating blow to us all if we don't win it now.

btw, it's nice to see the small club's jealousy shining through again. Devlin, Matthews et al have the bitter small mindedness well drilled into ye.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    Ahh, the little Longforder can't handle someone elses opinion of an opposing manager and his acolytes...anything the little Longforder doesn't agree with, he has his little dig, but thats not surprising coming for the mid-table medicrity club.

City might end up with nothing this season, but at least I don't have to wake up every morning and realise I am a Longford/Bray fan....
    I'm 6,2" and 17st. so i'm no little Longforder but that's like some previous staements you have made on this forum, uniformed and with no basis.
    I couldn't give a toss what you call anyone but it seems to be a common reaction you have once someone says anything about cork.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy
    I'm 6,2" and 17st. so i'm no little Longforder.

Somehow I don't think he was commenting on your physical size more your clubs stature and attitude!
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Cork Loosing at Home to St. Pats and having to come from behind twice and not being able to take advantage of a 10 man Waterford has nothing to do with Derry's superb run of form.

But seriously, just because i want another team to win the title than Cork, im small minded ? how does that work ? Ya see thats the reason why i don't like Cork, there fcuking fans ! they always have to be right, everyone always has to agree with them. Get a grip lads will ya ! i would prefer Derry to win the title because they play a very nice brand of football, there players do not think they are above everyone, ya dont see them mouthing off in interviews or papers like a certian Mr. O'Callaghan, and for the main reason is that there fans are 2nd to none.

Oh Yeah and i fcuking HATE Stephen Kenny !
    Last edited by Roo69; 07/11/2005 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    At least we're in a position to blow it.
    How many other clubs can say that!
    Last season we were hoping that Shels blew it so we've definitely made progress this year.

Tonights result will tell a lot.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hope City don't bottle it but I've a feeling in me water that they will

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast