Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trimming the squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by max power
    keego will prob leave at the end of the season, his father in law died in recent weeks and he will be moving over with his wife to be ( or so i've been told )

now, i'm prob in the minority here.....but whats the difference between garto and baz leaving ??? both to other clubs and lets face it, both for money ????

all the abuse garto took, does baz deserve the same.....for leaving.
    Some how I dont think Barry will regret leaving us, the way Garto does. Alot of ill feeling towards Barry and I for one thought Garto was a favourite at the club, didnt know he was being abused.
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by missfootie
    I phrased the question in that was cos had the feelin Wiseguy didnt know he was wrong and wanted to give him the chance to see did he really know what he was talking about.... I did no Stephen was his name, hence the reason I only asked one question.... Some plp on this site like to think they know a lot more than they actually do... !
    I felt I should let Wiseguy and Cop on know the error of their ways

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    now, i'm prob in the minority here.....but whats the difference between garto and baz leaving ??? both to other clubs and lets face it, both for money ????

all the abuse garto took, does baz deserve the same.....for leaving.
    I think the abuse barry has gotten over the season may have been a factor,i dont see why any player should have to put up with that.However bohs fans aren't too unfamiliar with abusing barry either
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    thank you, i was waiting for someone to make that point.....bohs fans are among the worst at turning on their own players and managers (kenny for example )

so i think that proves that barry isn't moving because of the abuse........€€€€€ signs me thinks........
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    thank you, i was waiting for someone to make that point.....bohs fans are among the worst at turning on their own players and managers (kenny for example )

so i think that proves that barry isn't moving because of the abuse........€€€€€ signs me thinks........
    Is it confirmed that he is definately going to bohs?

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts

Barry has been hounded and (often wrongly) blamed for years by elements of the Town support. Everything from our style of football to the length of the grass seems to have been blamed on Barry. I wouldn't have blamed Barry if he'd left years ago, as he's been a hate figure for some of our support.

It's disingenuous to suggest the situations are the same, Garto was well liked at the club

Of course money comes into it - he's an eL footballer ffs money is the overriding factor for the majority - but I've no idea how the deals compare but even if we matched the bohs deal I wouldn't blame Barry for leaving.

btw Garto was rumoured to have left for €50 a week more - that's why he got the abuse at the time. Whether that was a spin put out by the club I don't know, but it wasn't the fact it was more money but because of the perception it was fook all extra money.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If Barry leaves so what.You certainly can't blame him.He's been with us for a while now and has been a good servant.Maybe he sees his future else where and if he can get a few extra bob along the way good for him.I'm sure his family life suffers because he has to come down to Longford every couple of weeks and he has probably arrived at a decision that he's better off playing in Dublin.I for one wish him all the best and hopefully whenever he returns to Longford he will greeted with the respect he deserves.As for the Graham Gartland thing,from what i could see he has always been welcomed with open arms.A lot of stories done the rounds about why he left and if the one i heard was true then i can't blame him for leaving.People leave jobs every day for more money and it's no big deal so why make a big deal about this.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Barry has been hounded and (often wrongly) blamed for years by elements of the Town support. Everything from our style of football to the length of the grass seems to have been blamed on Barry. I wouldn't have blamed Barry if he'd left years ago, as he's been a hate figure for some of our support.

It's disingenuous to suggest the situations are the same, Garto was well liked at the club

Of course money comes into it - he's an eL footballer ffs money is the overriding factor for the majority - but I've no idea how the deals compare but even if we matched the bohs deal I wouldn't blame Barry for leaving.

btw Garto was rumoured to have left for €50 a week more - that's why he got the abuse at the time. Whether that was a spin put out by the club I don't know, but it wasn't the fact it was more money but because of the perception it was fook all extra money.
    macy, i agree with all you say, but people have to realise barry is leaving because its a job and you go where you get paid better, i dont feel the abuse have any thing to do with it.....

and garto got a full 52 week contract at drogheda and not a part time one that we were offering (30 weeks or something like that ). he told me that himself and i respect its a job and you must go where the money is to be made, its a short career afterall.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    and garto got a full 52 week contract at drogheda and not a part time one that we were offering (30 weeks or something like that ). he told me that himself and i respect its a job and you must go where the money is to be made, its a short career afterall.
    I agree, and although there was a lot of shít on here in the days after he left by some posters (including me) who fell for the line that was being put out by somebody, I don't think he has got much abuse. Maybe a few judas calls, but then I aint going to criticise that as I do that to all ex-players, usually tongue firmly in cheek (howareya Stuey ).
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cop on
    Right full that has replaced Murph.

He was completely at fault for the UCD goal that put us out of the cup - let his man wander about three/four yards . Bang. Goal. matthews out !"
    will u stop castigating the man for all eternity it was one goal get over it. Sir alan murphy has made lots of them in his time.
    Last edited by Sonic; 09/11/2005 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco
    Wheres Kirby going????????
    Kirby was the only Player who REALLY stood out for Longford in the matches between Bray and Longford this season, remember the 1st match he FCUKING tormented our defence all night, one of the best indivudial displays ive seen all season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wouldn't think Kirby's going anywhere because a) did he not sign a new 2 year contract last year & b) He's very settled in his job here in Longford.
    I stand to be corrected.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts
    Correct on point a) definitely and point b) I'd imagine also. He's not going anywhere this season
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    With the Flancare development only taking off in Longford i'd imagine he'd be up to his neck in work and by all appearances he has a bright future with Flancare.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12