Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: True legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

True legends

In the Carlisle the other night i witnessed one of the best supporters groups in the world. I've said this before, but Derry City have truly the best supporters this league has ever seen. We gave up singing after a half hour because we couldn't be heard, plus the fact we were losing by 3-0! I really and truly hope Derry win the title for those Magnificant set of supporters. Plus i have ya's at 8/1 HA HA! But honestly, 90mins non stop! I thought we were good going 35mins non stop in Drogheda! At one point me and the rest of the lads, about 20 of us wanted to go up and sing with you guys! I cant compliment you guys enough! Derry fans are out and out true legends....
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Every time we play Derry I find myself on here complementing the club and/or its supporters in some way. The best supporters on this island, and hopefully ye get a long run in Europe next year to do your clubs name and the league proud with your magnificent support. Absolutely amazing support, easily the best to visit the Carlisle this year on both occasions. Even if there was no match on I would have paid money in to be there, its better than a f***in concert! Fair play

(PS T1: We were losin 3-0 in Drogheda tho so that was pretty good, but your right there seems to be no competing with the Derry fans)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ya Derry fans do have to be complimented at every chance. it would be one of the main reasons for getting out of the first division, to have fans such as derry coming to terryland and creating a massive atmosphere, cause we would definitly try and give as good as we get. We create the best atmosphere in the First Division so hopefully we can prove ourselves in the premier soon. Fair play Derry.

Derry for the premier 05'
    if you keep your head while all around you have lost theirs, then you obviously don't understand the seriousness of the situation!!

Utd Tilll I Die

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    North west double this year lads....also best support for our respective teams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ya derry and galway fans have always got on well and i'm hoping they can go on and win the league.
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    thanks for the compliments lads....

No doubt cork fans will have sumthing to say bout it tho.

Really enjoyed the trip to bray this week. has to be the best away trip this season that ive been on especially when news of waterford holding cork. Never danced about as much in my life.

Would love to see galway and sligo up in the premier. sligo for the derbys and galway because the trip there is always great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Don't know what attendance figures are like and City always have a vocal away contingent but to avoid an argument there's NO doubting who the best two sets of support are in this league.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Risteard
    Don't know what attendance figures are like and City always have a vocal away contingent but to avoid an argument there's NO doubting who the best two sets of support are in this league.
    Fair play good too see a Cork fan admiting there second best.
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Would just have to say thanks for the kind words and after the game, they were all wishing us well, except for the kids down there outside the ground! Will be looking forward to our 1 trip down there next season hope its a little warmer but

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor H
    Fair play good too see a Cork fan admiting there second best.
    Ho Ho Ho.
    Being 100% honest, i think we've been putting on the best show at home anyway definately.
    The last four months have been unrivalled atmosphere at the Cross and i doubt the Brandywell has that buzz.
    With the crowd cover(look at us, we've got a crowd cover, but it is impressive if any of ye have seen it) and the noise from all round the ground, we definately do boast the best place to come watch a match.
    We also prob bring bigger crowds to Dublin than away fans at the Dublin derbies, and they're vocal aswell.
    But its easy enough to be a Cork City fan.
    Derry fans trekking 600 miles for the cup semi was very impressive and they were the only fans this year to create any bit of a display themselves in the cross.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This is the first year that the entire crowd at the Brandy got involved for at least some part of the match. We struggled when taken away from the home of the vocal section - the jungle but this year has been superb. The main difference with us is that singing goes on NON-STOP for 90 minutes.

Anyone who plans to tune into us playing Pats listen and watch out for "stand up for the candystripes" the entire ground standing and involved is a sight to behold.
    "The Derry fans were fantastic in both matches. They sang their hearts out all the time and created an even better atmosphere than the Cup Final. They were brilliant. - David Graham, Gretna striker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfc_legend9
    No doubt cork fans will have sumthing to say bout it tho.
    Only to agree with the Bray fans, you are consistently the best away fans to come to the cross and this season in the Brandwell (entire ground on it's feet) was the best I've experienced as an away fan.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy
    Would just have to say thanks for the kind words and after the game, they were all wishing us well, except for the kids down there outside the ground! Will be looking forward to our 1 trip down there next season hope its a little warmer but
    Ye i was talking to a few of ya's... The guys with the wigs were class! F-uckin kids, i hate when they mess up. Anytime i see them annoying or aggrevating away fans i try and do something!!! They shouldn't be allowed in without an adult. I hope you guys enjoyed the trip. I met the girlfriend outside 5 mins bfore the end( first time i've ever left a Bray game before the end) and i could hear you guys at the other end of the beach! Quality. F-uckin top class quality.
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    I could'nt agree more, the most friendly and vocal bunch of supporters at the Carlisle this year by a county mile. Loved the PMC wigs We said the same, would have loved to join in with the Derry fans singing etc....

This even extends to the players, one of my (female) friends who was out walking her dog on Friday morning along Bray beach said she meet a bunch of footballers from Derry and they stopped to talk to her about her dog, said they were so so friendly and she would'nt have a clue about football.

Fair play and can't wait to have ya back in The Carlisle next season, always the 1st match i look out for, hopefully you can go on and win the title now...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks lad's, without gloating its great to see EL clubs fans applauding our fans for the support that we bring to away games never mind home games....glad to see you guys stayed up....

Bring on the Cork!!