Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Programme Query

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

Programme Query

Does any one know why there is no league table or fixtures and results section in the match day programme these days?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo
    Does any one know why there is no league table or fixtures and results section in the match day programme these days?
    probably becuase of the time to compile it maybe. could be the fact that games are so spread over the week that it would be difficult to print up to date stats on the print deadline (since games after this deadline). so i wouldnt think much point in putting in stuff that was out of date come saturday night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    fair enough but it was always handy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    slightly off topic - in the kildare programme last night they had rivere williams, robbie hedderman, darren jack & other names from the past in our squad. it was like a trip down memory lane!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It might be a good idea if the Trust took over the running of the programme maybe with the lads who are running now coming on board as well.When Rovers go up, the standard of the programme will have to get better.Maybe somebody from the Trust might let us know if they were interested.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligo1
    It might be a good idea if the Trust took over the running of the programme maybe with the lads who are running now coming on board as well.When Rovers go up, the standard of the programme will have to get better.Maybe somebody from the Trust might let us know if they were interested.
    I think the people doing the programme are doing a fine job so fair play to them. In fairness they have taken over the programme in the middle of a season, so i believe their hands would be tied in terms of layout until next season. So plans they have for improvement cant be put into action until next season. It's alot of work to take on and they've taken it on with no fuss and are doing a superb job.

In terms of the trust running the programme, this was suggested when the previous editor stood down. The trust were willing to take it on board but it was decided against. We dont know what the long term plan is for the programme, however the trust are always willing to help and should it come back around then the trust are more than willing to sit down and discuss the best way forward for the programme should the trust be required.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Gary, I wasn't giving out about the lads who are doing the programme but it does need to be put together better.In a lot of other clubs,the programme is a major source of revenue and I think Sligo Rovers should treat it as so.I'm just wondering did anybody from Kildare contact Rovers in relation to their panel or about putting any article in?I think it could be run a lot better.Who decided that the trust shouldn't get involved in the programme?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ??? i didnt think you were giving out. i'm just answering the question. It seems Kildare just used the panel they had and didnt bother to get an updated one.

When the last editor stepped down, it was suggested the trust take over the programme and we heard nothing back from the club so that was that really.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi Gary, did you ask them why they didn't take up your offer?It would be one less thing they would have to worry about.Do you know how other clubs do their programmes - do they do it themselves or do they get supporters clubs or trusts to do it for them?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligo1
    Hi Gary, did you ask them why they didn't take up your offer?It would be one less thing they would have to worry about.Do you know how other clubs do their programmes - do they do it themselves or do they get supporters clubs or trusts to do it for them?
    In fairness its the clubs perogative as it's a club programme. The offer was made and not taken up. Dont know why to be honest. The point was we were willing to take it on. Maybe in time the trust could get involved if needed. Hopefully the trust will be bigger in terms of membership by then so we'd have more scope to do a good job on it if we were ever needed. We would need people to come on board if it ever happened to do justice to the programme. I can't speak for other clubs but as far as I know Cork and Galway would be examples where supporters are responsible for their respective programmes. Maybe supporters of Eircom league clubs could post as to whether supporters run their programme or not.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks Gary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Galway's Supporters' Club or Trust or whatever it is do theirs anyway.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Is it good?