Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finn Harps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Finn Harps

Can't see too many people travelling to this game, although the stillery have a bus going for an overnight stay afaik. Going to the game myself by car, and we would seriously be looking for 3 points but our inconsistancy lately makes it hard to call.
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    i for one will be on the supporters club bus. Not confident at the mo would like to see what a Andy Myler Dave mooney combination can it work for us.

Is keego back? Would do well to escape from Ballybofey with a draw!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

They were a disgrace to the jersey and the club last night. Played good football for about 5 mins from the start and then it started 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 half time. Sloppy goals, stupid mistakes, no heart, no passion (remember carmarthen anyone?).
    The only ones imo that tried was John Martin and Dean (who was replaced by Gough ffs).
    Changes were made at half time Baker and Barrett replaced by Keego and Kirby. Keego tried at least, Kirby did 360's around the pitch for his duration on the field.
    Ah still to angry to even talk about it. Laughable thing was they will still have their hands out for wages after it.

Forfeit your wages boys, you know you dont deserve them.
    Major changes are gonna be made, they have to be made

I hope Harps, can do the job and stay up now!
    Last edited by Maz; 23/10/2005 at 2:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Finn Harps grabbed their biggest win of the season and it couldn't have come at a better time, reviving their fortunes at the bottom of the table. Tonight Harps scored a 5-0 victory over Longford Town at Finn Park. The result leaves Harps three points behind Waterford but their goal-difference has improved hugely.
    Harps scored four of their goals in the first half as Longford's collapse was reminiscent of their UEFA Cup failure in Wales.
    Kevin McHugh sent Harps on their way as he volleyed home on 17 minutes after a strong run from Michael Funston and a good cross from Chris Breen.
    Longford came close to levelling but Harps went 2-0 up on 32 minutes after more good work from Breen with Conor Gethins firing home.
    It fell apart for Longford on 39 minutes when goalkeeper Stephen O'Brien lost the ball and Breen nipped in to score.
    Sean Dillon and his keeper got involved in a mix up just two minutes later and McHugh notched home his 13th goal of the season.
    Longford came close to grabbing at least a consolation in the second half but Harps grabbed a fifth before the end thanks to Breen's second of the night.
    Having looked as though they would be cut adrift at the bottom, Harps are very definitely back in the battle. Also profiting tonight are Bohemians who climb ahead of Longford after the midlanders' goal-difference dis-improved so badly.

Taken from Here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cop on
    A dark, dark day indeed. Once is excuseable, twice ..........
    But we have to look at the positives. Up until last weekend we were unbeaten in the league at home since April . Still in with a shout for fourth. (This time last year we were going for the two-in-a-row. We're still a bloody great team. You don't become a bad team overnight!)

footnote: Interesting to see the cup has now assumed a level of huge importance. When we were winning it, 'twas only a 'mickey mouse' competition according to some genuises on this forum. Now all of a sudden, its a huge 'draw'.
    Okay you're just stirring there anyways.

You cannot take any positives from last nights game, I would like to know what part you saw in that game last night, that was anyways positive.

We will not finish 4th this season. This time last year is gone, we are not a bad team over night, we are a team with too many players who dont give a damn once the wad of money is handed over at the end of the week, No heart no passion no pride!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    But we have to look at the positives. Up until last weekend we were unbeaten in the league at home since April . Still in with a shout for fourth. (This time last year we were going for the two-in-a-row. We're still a bloody great team. You don't become a bad team overnight!)

footnote: Interesting to see the cup has now assumed a level of huge importance. When we were winning it, 'twas only a 'mickey mouse' competition according to some genuises on this forum. Now all of a sudden, its a huge 'draw'.
    That's laughable. You lose 5-0 to the worst team in the league and then you have a go at other "genuises on the forum".
    I have to say your capacity to deflect attention from your own team's inadequacies is astonishing.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Dire !

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coislaoi
    That's laughable. You lose 5-0 to the worst team in the league and then you have a go at other "genuises on the forum".
    I have to say your capacity to deflect attention from your own team's inadequacies is astonishing.
    Sure get a sniff of a cup final and all you can do is come on an opposition teams forum to give out about something that has nothing to do with you. Just proves how small time Cork City really are.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Sure get a sniff of a cup final and all you can do is come on an opposition teams forum to give out about something that has nothing to do with you. Just proves how small time Cork City really are.
    Not getting at you, your team or your fans. It's just that Cop on is unable to make a constructive post without having a go at us. While some of our fans give him justification for doing so, the rest of us don't.

Anyway, I hope you finish the season in 4th. Given the money that the Drogs have spent, that would be an achievement. Also ye are only one of three teams to beat us this season (excluding Europe), so roll on next season and another visit (or two) to the Flansiro.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Wasn't there but the result beggars belief.
    Matthews threatining to get rid of the players whoose attitude w'ont change
    (in todays Sun).

Last few games have been a disaster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the 12 th man
    Wasn't there but the result beggars belief.
    Matthews threatining to get rid of the players whoose attitude w'ont change
    (in todays Sun).

Last few games have been a disaster
    Agree, there has to be a major clear out and changes! You were extremely lucky not to be there

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    there has to be a major clear out and changes!

I thought that (On paper) we had a brilliant squad at the start of the season.
    Things have gone down hill badly since our cup exits.A collective kick-up-the-arse is called for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I thought that (On paper) we had a brilliant squad at the start of the season.
    Things have gone down hill badly since our cup exits.A collective kick-up-the-arse is called for.
    They look good on paper of course, but when a team has no heart no passion and no pride in the club, they honestly looked like they did not give a toss on saturday night, It was that carmarthen feeling all over again

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    They look good on paper of course, but when a team has no heart no passion and no pride in the club, they honestly looked like they did not give a toss on saturday night, It was that carmarthen feeling all over again
    Some players have had no pride or passion all year. Several games we lost due to players simply not trying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    But we have to look at the positives. Up until last weekend we were unbeaten in the league at home since )

how many of those did we actually win cop on. Look maz only one change needs to be made and i dont think you need me to elaborate

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    how many of those did we actually win cop on. Look maz only one change needs to be made and i dont think you need me to elaborate
    And the replacement?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Think this should be handled very carefully.Very easy to throw the proverbial baby out with the bathwater.

Whatever is decided ,(my gut feeling is a player clearout on a big scale) we need a breath of fresh air at Flancare.
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 25/10/2005 at 8:46 AM.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Think this should be handled very carefully.Very east to throw the proverbial baby out with the bathwater.

Whatever is decided ,(my gut feeling is a player clearout on a big scale) we need a breath of fresh air at Flancare.
    I still think the debate should wait until the end of the season. We're well and truely safe so no panic imo. However, if people are going to want Matthews out they could at least provide us with who they consider a viable alternative. "Anyone but" not a valid answer imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Well maybe so but a clearout of players also, we are throwing away money on players who are not worth it and some who havent played games all season.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    i was very unfortunate to be at the game sat nite and the last time we did carap in the first half was in the first half against shels in tolka when we had 3 players sent off in 2002.

I think that Matthews tactic in order to go public on the issue will backfire on him badly. How can the players be motivated to play again after the comments he came out? Mr Scully was not too impressed on Eircom Weekly.

From watchin it again on ericom weekly our marking was diabolical, harps first goal was good, but barry was destoryed for the second goal, digger was at fault imo for the third and the fourth. Barry made a poor clearance for the fourth and the fifth is laughable. Prunts totally miskicks outside harps box nd harps score on the break!

result DIABOLICAL team DIABOLICAL Mathews DIABOLICAL

Matthews imo after makin these comments is a man under severe pressure!

i believe that our budget is goin to be reduced dramatially next season cos of the johhnny cum latelys that appear out of nowhere at the cup final not bothering their arses to cum out.

Who will want to cum to us after the way we are finishing our season?

thank god i am going to london next weekend cos it is breakin my heart watchin that crap! I should be back for the UCD game and Pats game. Wont bother goin to bohs cos ill be broke from my london excursion!

Time to prove yourself in times of crisis MATTHEWS!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast