Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Longford Town vs Shels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Longford Town vs Shels

Hoping it stays dry for the game, looking very cloudy round here.

I take it Digger will be back between the post with both Shay and Mick injured. Barry is still out as is paiso

Predictions?

an optimistic 1-1
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Probably 0-0 ,hopefully we'll push on to win.A repeat of last season would be nice(we live in hope).Need to start winning games,we are level on point with drogs with a game in hand and exactly level with bohs.We need to be there if 4th becomes a setanta spot
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any score yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    2-0 to Shels. Still 40mins to go.
    City Til I Die

Champions 2005

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    2-0 result.
    Absolute **** is all i can say.I havnt seen a worse first half performance from us in a while.Shels looked like a different class.The players didnt seem to have the confidence to play the ball at their feet.What is the point in playing a high ball to dessie on the left wing against heary?Even if he does happen to get a touch on it,it'll go out for a throw or back to the defence.Twice prunty hoofed the ball for myler on his own against 4 shels players.Myler is a finisher,he is not the kind of player who is going to run with the ball or win it in the air,he needs good ball played into him and if hes not getting it then theres no point playing him.Even when the players did try and pass it,they passed it on the bounce which resulted in the ball going out or to a shels player.Twice martin had it on the right wing and instead of making space to cross it properly,he just crossed it by hitting it 60 feet in the air,while hawkins and rodgers patiently waited for it to come down so they could head it away.Nothing good came from the first half and to be honest i was soo frustrated i nearly left.
    If the 2nd half was the same as the first,there would have been uproar but now that we came out and played half decent in the second half(or did shels just drop back),it will all be forgoten about and brushed under the carpet.We did play alot better but the bottom line is we only created 2 chance and the definition of playing well is creating lots of chances,so we did not play well.Hancock seems to get more retarded as the years go by,first he had to check davy's studs 7 times and then when we are about to put cronin on he just decides to forget about the sub,go back to his dugout,put the board down and walk back.Matthews was furious with him and spoke his mind very strongely,hancock didnt know what to say.
    3 things ive taken from that game
    1)Mooney should start,hes the type of player who will create his own chances
    2)Baker was non existent upfront in the 1st half and then had a stormer on the right in the second
    3)Dan is a liability at centre back and the sooner,barry gets back the better.
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I can't disagree with much of what Bosco said.It really was a poor performance which lacked passion and a desire to win.There seemed to be no purpose or game plan other than to get it long.We didn't want to pass it.We had no width and players kept making very poor decisions when in posession and giving it away to easy.Hopefully they will cop themselves on and give 100% for the rest of the season.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    not only had we had to tolerant the **** performance from our team but also we had to tolerate the awful chants from certain muppets of their shels support!

did anyone else hear these chants?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    we were an absolute disgrace on the pitch! in training Shels did their warm up and played a short match! all we did was play a short match and no warmup! wots the point in that?

myler and baker dont work together upfront! defensively we were crap for both goals! we couldnt pass the ball at all! tbh cant see us winnin a match over the next few games if we continue to play crap like that!

keego was a big loss up front.

goin on what i have seen I think it is time to start afresh and start with a new panel. The only decent siging we made over the season is Mooney everybody else is absolute crap! everybody else havent a friggin notion. Wouldnt be suprised we will ave a new defense next season . I am afraid to say that the bad times are going to come back! i havent being the same since the **** in carmarthen
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    And how many games in that unbeaten run did we actually win,sweet fcuk all!The team have absolutely no heart and are playing embarrassingly bad,there is no reason for any town fan to be in anyway happy with it.When we were knocked out of the cup,we were still doing well in the league with a chance of getting 3rd and at the least 4th comfortably,since then we have won one game out of six.Its unacceptable

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Bosco, we beat Glentoran, UCD, Rovers, cARMARTHEN, Finn Harps, Bohs, Pats, Waterford. We drew with Cork, Drogs, Derry, UCD, Bray. I don't think we played any other home games between both Shels games at home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie
    Bosco, we beat Glentoran, UCD, Rovers, cARMARTHEN, Finn Harps, Bohs, Pats, Waterford. We drew with Cork, Drogs, Derry, UCD, Bray. I don't think we played any other home games between both Shels games at home.
    You forgot Linfield.Our form has dipped and hopefully we can turn it around by beating Harps this weekend.End of story now will everyone please get over it and move on.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I agree. 5 games to go, fourth is still on.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads what's the story with the ground now? Is the bar up and running? Is it true that shels fans were allowed to change ends?

Normal non abusive answers please.

Thanks

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop
    Lads what's the story with the ground now? Is the bar up and running? Is it true that shels fans were allowed to change ends?

Thanks

KOH
    Bar is open just has no alcohol yet. Serves tea, coffee, soup etc. I think they're still waiting on the licence, The taps are in, just waiting for the alcohol
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    Bar is open just has no alcohol yet.
    Yeah, had to drink our own cans there the last time we played you!
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop

Thanks

KOH
    As Maz said the bar is open just no beer license yet
    The Shels fans were allowed change ends which dosen't make a whole lot of sence really.It should be one rule for all and thats it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fair play.

Thanks for the answers

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    tbh it should be a dedicated away section for every team that visit. Then there can be no problems when one team is refused to change ends while others do freely.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB
    tbh it should be a dedicated away section for every team that visit. Then there can be no problems when one team is refused to change ends while others do freely.
    I knew there was sensible Longford fans

100% agree but tell your club. Also visiting fans should be encouraged to go to your bar AFTER games............

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Yeah but as the bar hasnt got its license yet it would be pointless to have away fans in for tea and biscuits,theres usually feck all in the bar after games anyway