Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gut Feeling?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Whatever about us, France have not lost a competitive away match in 13 years so I can't see the Swiss breaking that record.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom
    I don't understand where any of this is coming from at all at all. All this talk of us not beating the Cypriots is all poppycock. Bare in mind that a lot of this worry has been roused by the fcuking wankres that we call Irish journalists. The same poxy cnuts that want Kerr out of a job.
    We have never had (much) trouble dispatching minnows, with admirable exceptions to Macedonia and more recently Albania away. Sure enough we've never banged 5 or 6 past any of these teams, but then again that has never been our way.
    I've no doubt that we'll win against Cyprus. We have a squad based primarily on the Premiership, and almost certainly we'll have an 11 made up of premiership players. These are not poor players but they do seem poxd with luck. Its about time it turned. The press are making a big deal of the suspensions and injuries but this will be a rallying point for those there now I feel. One man in particular stoked up will be Kav. He has to start. If he doesn't it will be a head scratcher.

I think we will win by two. We have too good a team not to win. Doyle or Elliot to start. As Kerr said last week, we have to go for it now. Who knows he might go with the three up front . Either way Ireland to win by two setting us up nicely for the Swiss. Fcuk all the negativity,

C'MON THE BOYS IN GREEN!!!!

Fcukin right on. Get fcukin stuck in there lads.
    C'MON YOU BOYS IN GREEN
    Never eat yellow snow!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Cyprus 1 Ireland 2
    Ireland 1 Swiss 1
    maybe next time ehh
    MOT

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    cmon on, cyprus are muck...we will beat them 2-0 maybe need a narte free kick like faroe but we will win.
    swiss, if they beat france which is possible we are in trouble , but if we go one nil up we will win and playoffs, we could bore a team and win 1-0 over two legs or away goal..c'mon we just might do it.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    1) Win v Cyprus
    2) Draw v Switzerland
    3) Sh*te Summer

In fact Im off to the bookies to stick a few bob on that. I never win at the bookies so maybe there is hope!
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrake
    cmon on, cyprus are muck...we will beat them 2-0 maybe need a narte free kick like faroe but we will win.
    swiss, if they beat france which is possible we are in trouble , but if we go one nil up we will win and playoffs, we could bore a team and win 1-0 over two legs or away goal..c'mon we just might do it.
    You have to be joking, against decent teams we always conceed goals!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Not as confident as I was to be honest. I was confident before the French game but after playing so well early on we let them sneak a goal. We've had the chance to beat Israel twice and the Swiss away from home but couldn't hold a lead...........I'm starting to think it's not gonna happen in Germany.

Cyprus = 1-0 or 2-0

but after outplaying the Swiss for 90 minutes we can't get the win we need. 0-0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    2-0 win in Cyprus,unfortunately followed by a dour 0-0 at home in the last against the Swiss...thats my gut feeling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm going for 2 single goal nervous wins for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    I wouldn't mind seeing Kerr going for broke in the last game, Elliott, Morrisson and Keane all starting upfront. We need goals and do need to go for it but 1st hurdle is cyprus who cannot be underestimated.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    assuming we win in cyprus - we should play normal 4-4-2 for first half against the swiss then perhaps - play with 3 upfront

we can't go in with all guns blazing against the swiss - be controlled and ensure our defence is solid - we need to be patient

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by concanta
    assuming we win in cyprus - we should play normal 4-4-2 for first half against the swiss then perhaps - play with 3 upfront

we can't go in with all guns blazing against the swiss - be controlled and ensure our defence is solid - we need to be patient
    spot on. fcuk all point going for goals when you've conceded 2 in the first 10 minutes because of a lack of shape & concentration at the back.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    we've tried to be patient and solid at the back for the whole campaign and it's left us hanging on by a thread. I'd say go for 4-3-3 or a very up tempo 4-4-2.

Let's hope Duff doesn't have 2 men on him like the French game, his talent is gonna decide whether we get the 3 points or the draw.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    Whatever about us, France have not lost a competitive away match in 13 years so I can't see the Swiss breaking that record.
    Didn't they have at least four years without having to qualify for a tournament though? Hosted France 98, champions for the 2002 World Cup anyway. Holders don't qualify for the Euros, no? That would be another bye. Impressive record still, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,340 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    Holders don't qualify for the Euros, no?
    The holders have to qualify for the European Championships, but France topped their group in that one with a 100% record - http://www.uefa.com/competitions/EUR...roup=1454.html
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982
    we've tried to be patient and solid at the back for the whole campaign and it's left us hanging on by a thread. I'd say go for 4-3-3 or a very up tempo 4-4-2.

Let's hope Duff doesn't have 2 men on him like the French game, his talent is gonna decide whether we get the 3 points or the draw.
    Well if Duff ends up with two men on him someone else is going to find himself with a lot more time and space on the ball and needs to be up for doing something useful with it Kevin Kilbane I'm looking in your direction.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Lets be honest, anything can happen in the two matches. I suppose we should be hoping for a France victory, but i cant help hoping that we still top the group..

But gut feeling? I've got a horrible feeling we wont beat Switzerland. Earlyish goal from them, then we spend the whole match trying for an equaliser, get it, but thats it 1-1. France have beaten Switzerland the saturday before, so Israel for the play offs!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Were we not very lucky to beat Cyprus a few years ago in a competitive match with a late Steve Staunton goal from a free kick.?

When they look at our record do far this campaign and see the media dissing BK this week I'm sure they fancy their chances.

We would be very foolish to underestimate them. Hopefully BK & the team will not.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpcc
    Were we not very lucky to beat Cyprus a few years ago in a competitive match with a late Steve Staunton goal from a free kick.?
    Malta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    I reckon the Swiss - France draw meaning the Swiss are gonna need to win to qualify if Israel and France both win their final games.

Good news for us?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast